+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Tube Strike in General; Tube strike hit londoners so harder, we informed to day, people who commute on tube to work find alternatives. if ...
    Thank Post

Tube Strike

Tube strike hit londoners so harder, we informed to day, people who commute on tube to work find alternatives. if you coudnt make it, it will be a no pay leave.

i travel 1hours and 15 mts to work from sout west to North london. tomorrow it will take 2 hours and 45 minutes on bus and national rail. actually i dont know how long it will take ?

Thank Post
    Sack the lot of them. I'm sure there are plenty of folk who would be more than happy on 30k a year for sittin on your fat greedy a*se

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops_my_bad View Post
    Sack the lot of them. I'm sure there are plenty of folk who would be more than happy on 30k a year for sittin on your fat greedy a*se
    Why are you insulting me?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,545 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Following Link Is Not Suitable For Opening In School

Listen to this it might help [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgwoPG63B3Y"]YouTube - Adam Kay & Suman Biswas - London underground[/ame]

5. Thanks to FN-GM from:

Oops_my_bad (10th June 2009)

Thank Post
    Haaa haaa nice one..

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post
    £30k? the average tube driver wage for a 40hour 4 day week is £40k and they also have annual pay increases

The real deal breaker in the negotiations was apparently the late demand from the RMT that two sacked drivers be re-instated. Up until then the talks had been progressing well. The reason these two drivers were sacked? One opened the doors on the wrong side of the train and then lied about the safety checks he had done in his official reports. The other was sacked for theft from his employer and faces trial next month.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 625 Posts
    They are also taking this action to try and prevent themselves from losing their jobs. I'm with them all the way. Losing your job is not a nice thing in this day and age.

Thank Post
    If I was TfL after all the strikes and ever increasing pay increase demands I would be looking at firing a load too as well as looking at getting fully automated systems like they have in other countries and on at least one london above ground line.

They also need to invest in barriers between platform and track which only open when the train is in place to stop people getting onto the track or jumping in front of the train.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,545 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They also need to invest in barriers between platform and track which only open when the train is in place to stop people getting onto the track or jumping in front of the train.
    The onlt problem with them is that sometimes the driver doesn't stop at the right place and they dont open. so then you miss you bloody stop

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    The onlt problem with them is that sometimes the driver doesn't stop at the right place and they dont open. so then you miss you bloody stop
    Sounds like the perfect excuse for automated trains then doesn't it. stop in the same place every time.

Although you would think that if they were qualified enough to be earning £40kpa that they'd be able to stop in the same place every time within a margin of a few inches.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midget View Post
    Although you would think that if they were qualified enough to be earning £40kpa that they'd be able to stop in the same place every time within a margin of a few inches.
    Or open the correct set of bloody doors!

Thank Post
    My mates Mrs works as a main line driver. Went round one Sunday to see her sat watching TV in her uniform, she was on standby.

Got £350 for that.

Didn't even leave the house.

But then, how much would we all moan if our train was cancelled due to a driver calling in sick and then no-one beinga ble to replace them?

We can't have it both ways.

And if you think her £38k a year is spoiling her? The Jaguar hardly makes up for the bad dreams she gets over the three prats that had tried to stop her train with their heads!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midget View Post
    The real deal breaker in the negotiations was apparently the late demand from the RMT that two sacked drivers be re-instated. Up until then the talks had been progressing well. The reason these two drivers were sacked? One opened the doors on the wrong side of the train and then lied about the safety checks he had done in his official reports.
    The RMT claim that it's not his fault, as the Victoria line does not have a particular safety system in place (which prevents doors from being opened on the wrong side). It wants such a system to be installed imminently (and fails to recognise that that's what is happening, as new trains are being brought in).

The opening the doors on the wrong side of the train wouldn't have been a problem had he not immediately shut them, continued on his merry way and pretended it didn't happen (contrary to the procedures).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread