+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Hillingdon First For ID Cards in General; Not sure how many of you live in the Hillingdon Borough but very soon we are being FORCED to have ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

Hillingdon First For ID Cards

Not sure how many of you live in the Hillingdon Borough but very soon we are being FORCED to have a so called 'privilege' card.
    The complete and utter lies forced by the local council have meant we have NO CHOICE but to be issued with these cards. The cards are NOT 'privilege' cards at all - they are a cheap method of making us carry an ID card of sorts. The card will log and record:

* Your Name & Address.
    * Your Date Of Birth.
    * Your Email Address.
    * Every time and place you park your car.
    * Every time you use the Library.
    * Every time you use the Gym or Leisure Centre.
    * Every time you visit the Dump.

Plus the council are thinking up yet more ideas for the card so they can keep an eye on you and your habits.

These details will be recorded for 6 years - why ?

So count yourself lucky you don't live in the new Big Brother Borough of Hillingdon. More details can be found here:

HillingdonFirst, ResidentsLast?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    When do they start tattooing barcodes to the backs of your necks?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    When do they start tattooing barcodes to the backs of your necks?
    Your retinas already suffice:

"Oh, sorry sir, it seems your right eye is banned from the leisure centre - but your left eye is on parole, it can come on in!"

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd shred mine. Is what they are doing legal? Must be something wrong in their small-print that Liberty could find fault with?

Thank Post
    The other thing is there are around 250,000 + people in the borough, they consulted 150 !!
    Hmmmm, sounds about right for the local council.
    Also the card clearly discriminates those who drive who are below the age 18, 17 year olds can drive and use car parks and dumps, but they won't be getting a card !! I bet they were not part of the group that were consulted.....

Thank Post
    Given no reason not to, perhaps people would shred them. But then again, when they force you to have one or not be able to use a car park or other services it's not so easy. Some of you might still say "well i catch the bus so i will ditch mine". What next when they say you have to use this card to catch a bus or buy a rail card?

Choice does not always come into it. These people are just like you and me. Yet they sit there working out new ways to screw us (and themselves) out of our liberties. Always makes me wonder why you would screw up your own kids futures by ruining the country they will inherit.

Perhaps they are so filthy rich on expenses that they are far removed from the concerns of mere mortals.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    The other thing is there are around 250,000 + people in the borough, they consulted 150 !!
    Hmmmm, sounds about right for the local council.
    Also the card clearly discriminates those who drive who are below the age 18, 17 year olds can drive and use car parks and dumps, but they won't be getting a card !! I bet they were not part of the group that were consulted.....
    But what about visitors and tourists? Surely they can't make an ID card necessary for parking / swimming. OK maybe for dumping stuff they can but unless they're planning to wreck whatever travel and tourism exists then I doubt it will be a must have card. Or am I missing something.

On a similar note my local council (Colchester) has started printing your reg on your carpark tickets. Completely unannounced and raises some worrying security issues. Don't know of anyone that was consulted there.

Big brother here we come!

Edit: ah hah.. read this page http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/index.jsp?articleid=15421 it seems you get a discount for using the card. There you go... you can have your liberty... but it will cost you!
    Last edited by TwoZeroAlpha; 10th June 2009 at 08:57 AM. Reason: adding more info

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dalsoth View Post
    Perhaps they are so filthy rich on expenses that they are far removed from the concerns of mere mortals.
    Don't get me started on that, the leader of our council earns over 50,000 for being the leader + what he already earns on his day job !!
    And if you are a cabinet member you get around 24,000 !! [ on top of the basic 8,000 for being a cllr ]

Our Cllrs award themselves huge pay rises, but then make massive cuts to services and make some council workers redundant. Then they wonder why we are rated as poor every year !!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoZeroAlpha View Post
    But what about visitors and tourists? Surely they can't make an ID card necessary for parking / swimming. OK maybe for dumping stuff they can but unless they're planning to wreck whatever travel and tourism exists then I doubt it will be a must have card. Or am I missing something.

On a similar note my local council (Colchester) has started printing your reg on your carpark tickets. Completely unannounced and raises some worrying security issues. Don't know of anyone that was consulted there.

Big brother here we come!

Edit: ah hah.. read this page London Borough of Hillingdon - HillingdonFirst card it seems you get a discount for using the card. There you go... you can have your liberty... but it will cost you!
    This so called discount does not exist. Up until last year it was quite cheap to park your car in the borough - then all of a sudden prices have gone up by 100% in some car parks - funny that......I don't see that as a discount.
    Plus with HAVING to use the card to take stuff to the dump I can now see a massive increase in the amount of fly tipping that happens in the borough.

Thank Post
    If you pop to the dump to dispose of rubbish they will be probably be adding each visit on the system to a database and then will hit you later with some restriction on visits or demand you pay a commercial licence should you come back too many times.

It is all about recording and restricting and then finally... charging us.

Sensors to keep track of what you bin, charges to drive your car by the mile down the motorway, charges for breathing next.

When the expenses scandals are cleared up these councillors are going to need some new revenue streams as they will feel exposed by public scrutiny about where money is going. Watch out for all these schemes popping up soon.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    How do the cards work? RFID or a barcode?

If its RFID, why not microwave it. It'll be interesting to see how they react to 'broken' cards.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Why does the expression 'snouts in the trough' spring to mind?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, to play devils advocate... Actually, I can't! This is just ridiculous!

Thank Post
    What I don't like is the fact we have NO CHOICE. This card is being FORCED onto the people of Hillingdon - I don't want one, I don't my car parking movements being recorded, I don't my visit to the dumps being recorded, I don't want this data held on a database. I want a choice as to if I want the card or not.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    How do the cards work? RFID or a barcode?

If its RFID, why not microwave it. It'll be interesting to see how they react to 'broken' cards.
    Broken or lost cards ? Oh they charge you for that !!
    It all breaks down to money money money.......

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast