+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Free Email Accounts in General; I've currently got about 8 email accounts split amongst Gmail, Live Mail, Tiscali (which I do not use), and Yahoo ...
    richard_s

Free Email Accounts

I've currently got about 8 email accounts split amongst Gmail, Live Mail, Tiscali (which I do not use), and Yahoo but I'm finding it a bit of a chore jumping between them all to check my mail so i have begun to look at consolidating them into 2 or 3 accounts with the same provider so I have been looking around at whats available that will give me the facilities that I need.

What I'm looking for is a service that will allow me to manages my multiple accounts whilst I phase them out and then deal with the couple of accounts that I set up to replace them. The ability to use both webmail with the facility to sort emails into folders and an email client of my choosing, decent storage space and the ability to send large attachments as I sometimes need to send files over 20Mb in size.

Out of the providers I use already none of them are able to give me everything that I want and even though I have been looking around I have only come across one so far that seems to fit the bill and that is GMX Mail but I have read a lot of mixed reviews about them so I'm not really sure about them and would like to find others that might be suitable.

Thank Post
    Turn on IMAP and use Thunderbird \ Outlook etc.

If they don't let you use IMAP they are not worth keeping!

richard_s
    Quote Originally Posted by somabc View Post
    Turn on IMAP and use Thunderbird \ Outlook etc.

If they don't let you use IMAP they are not worth keeping!
    IMAP support is a must as far as I am concerned as I tend to use either of my home computers to access my email plus I use my works machine as well so I want to be able to keep it all in sync. Both Gmail and Live Mail offer IMAP support but I have various issues with them which are making me look else where and as for Yahoo you can only get that if you sign up for their "premium" ie paid service so they are out of the picture completely.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I know (in hotmail/gmail anyway) you can setup the email to be forwarded to another email inbox.

Maybe forward all of the email from the email boxes into 1 main account ?

James.

Thank Post
    I use my own domain with Gmail.

You could have one account with multiple aliases or have different accounts for each email address and have them separated or have different accounts but have the emails forwarded to one mailbox. It's easy to manage. You can also have distribution lists and such.

richard_s
    The problem with Gmail for is the lack of folders. Tags are okay but as I get mail coming into my Gmail accounts from a multitude of different forums on different subjects plus different mailing lists it becomes a pain keeping them all organised.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by richard_s View Post
    The problem with Gmail for is the lack of folders. Tags are okay but as I get mail coming into my Gmail accounts from a multitude of different forums on different subjects plus different mailing lists it becomes a pain keeping them all organised.
    Really?

I use one of my Gmail account for exactly this purpose as well and find the labels and filtering system works like a charm. Maybe you need to be a bit more/less specific in the filter rules and perhaps apply more than one label.

Just a suggestion - if it doesn't work for you then so be it.

HBJB

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread