+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Anyone using XIBO in General; What error messages are you getting on screen? It didn't work for me first time until I updated flash player....
    Thank Post
    What error messages are you getting on screen? It didn't work for me first time until I updated flash player.

Thank Post
    I dont get anything. I get my background (jpg) and thats all. I dont get any error. Flash player all up-to-date. Also tested with no backgroud but still same problem.
    Last edited by anup509; 2nd February 2010 at 11:29 AM.

Thank Post
    Right, seems a little confusing. I would suggest you go back and check your xibo design page.

Have you got the webpage entered into xibo correctly?

Should look like the attached images.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone using XIBO-xibo-diag1.jpg   Anyone using XIBO-xibo-diag2.jpg  

Thank Post
    Ohhh thanks you so much for all the support. I got it working. What i did was copied the BBC.html, put it in the client pc C:\ drive and put that location in Xibo Server and it worked. So happy. Thanks again. How can i get rid of the blue screen? and the bottom stop, 03.13 / Live bar? i just want to show the news. any sujetion?

Thank Post
    I can't find anything in the code to remove the status bar, so I don't think that's possible. If you're desperate for news with no status bar it can be done on the sky news version. As for getting rid of the blue bits, my only suggestion is to play with the height and width constraints in the HTML code to make it fill your area. default is 512 by 288, although making it bigger will probably not increase the size of the video.

Thank Post
    Ye i had a look at the code, but theres nothing in there to say open in full screen or for removing the status bar. Anyway thanks for trying it for me. Thanks again all of you. You all were great help. Thanks

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Anyone have tips for making backgrounds for this? Size, file format, etc. I am terrible with Photoshop Elements!

Thank Post
    I'm using gimp and 800x600 jpg files as backgrounds

Couple of my (amateurish) efforts below. Feel free to use / modify as required. I've got the original XCF file for the corkboard one required.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone using XIBO-bg_800x600_16.jpg   Anyone using XIBO-corkboard-unbranded.jpg  

9. Thanks to TwoZeroAlpha from:

CAM (2nd February 2010)

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The re done is a bit bright, but the corkboard is very cool. Should submit that to the layout exchange.

I put something basic together with black semi-transparent squares, all one PNG files at 1024x768. Unfortunately the regions corrupt the colours behind it, turning it into bright green static. Only the areas under regions are affected. Looks like the colour depth is plummeting?

Anyone seen this before?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone using XIBO-xibo-test-static.jpg  

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    but the corkboard is very cool. Should submit that to the layout exchange.
    Ah, but you have to submit with details about the image licencing and seeing as it was mostly culled from various corners of the internet and assembled by me I haven't a clue. So for now it's staying just here.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Not bad for bits taken from all over the net.

And that bug above appears to be caused by using PNG files as a background. JPEG files work perfectly. One more for Launchpad I guess.

Thank Post
    has anyone managed to embed weather?

Im trying to get

<iframe src="http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/360/Next3DaysEmbed.xhtml?target=_parent" allowTransparency="true" width="306" height="435" frameborder="0">You must have a browser that supports iframes to view the BBC weather forecast</iframe>

To appear

Thank Post
    Hi Again,

I managed to get Sky, BBC, BBC Feed working. And also the presentation. But If i change somthing in the layout e.g. Title, it doesnt change it in the client. I have to close the client and start again to get those chnages. Is there a way to constally update the client. I tried the secudal but it doesnt seem to do the job. Please give some suggestions. Thankyou.

Thank Post
    @Anup509

If you check on the client there should be a xibo options dialogue. You can change the content check refresh rate (seconds). I've got mine set at 300 for a reasonably rapid refresh.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pagelad View Post
    has anyone managed to embed weather?

Im trying to get

<iframe src="http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/360/Next3DaysEmbed.xhtml?target=_parent" allowTransparency="true" width="306" height="435" frameborder="0">You must have a browser that supports iframes to view the BBC weather forecast</iframe>

To appear
    You'll need to wrap that up in proper page tags

Code:
    <html><head</head>
    <body>
    </body></html>
    Then upload to the webserver, check you can view it and link it to an area in xibo.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information