Anyone got BBC Live Vidwo Feed working?? Please HELP!!
got the BBC link working with our ticket list
How did u get BBC Video working? Please Help Me...
embeded html code
BBC NEWS | Video and Audio | News Channel Live | BBC News Channel
set the duration to 500
how ours is set up
I'm glad this thread has started. I'm going to rebuild an old server with Server 2008 and was going to install this on it. Anyone had problems putting it on a Server 2008 environment? Client machines will still be XP.
I copied your code exactly but i'm still not getting anything at all. I checked if my jave and flash is up-to-date and they are. Checked firewall and everything. But still just getting background. i dont know whats wrong with it. Please Reply
The clients can be Windows XP, they are only looking at the server for content and it works no matter what OS the server is running, which is why I say go Linux for the server if you can.
I have one gripe with Xibo, and that is it needs quite a powerful machine to run the client properly - any more than 2 moving areas of the screen and it grinds to a hault on some of my lower specification clients. The best bit however is being able to embed powerpoints - that way departments prepare their content for me in powerpoint, and I just tweek the powerpoint so it runs in a loop and upload it - simples!
Last edited by maniac; 1st February 2010 at 07:17 PM.
steve_nfi (2nd February 2010)
Will your old server support 2K8 with any degree of reliability? Got licensing for it?
Edit: - do'h went back and re-read the thread, some of my "helpful" ideas were not quite on the right track.
Last edited by TwoZeroAlpha; 2nd February 2010 at 08:37 AM.
1) Take the code from AlexB's post (#15) in this thread
2) Paste into notepad
3) Save as bbc.html
4) Upload to your webserver via ftp (usually to a user's homedir)
5) SSH to your webserver and copy the bbc.html file to the website folder (/var/www/ under ubuntu)
6) Not tested without this step but.. chmod the bbc.html file to 755
7) Log into xibo and go to the edit page for your layout
8) Choose the area you want and enter the webpage link as http://$yourwebserver/bbc.html
If you're having an "argh this still doesn't work" moment
1) Verify you can view the http://$yourwebserver/bbc.html page independantly of xibo by using IE or $browser on the client PC.
2) If you can't check the webserver is excluded from the proxy settings (although if it's not xibo shouldn't work)
akidosaint (10th May 2010)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)