+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Anyone using XIBO in General; Hey guys got our new xibo setup up and running but I'm having a problem with .net framework its coming ...

Thank Post
    Hey guys got our new xibo setup up and running but I'm having a problem with .net framework its coming up with an out of memory error, I can see in task manager that Xibo is using about 1.4gb of ram, even if i close the xibo client is runs in the background eating memory until i end the process. Has anyone came across this or know a fix?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjw1903 View Post
    Hey guys got our new xibo setup up and running but I'm having a problem with .net framework its coming up with an out of memory error, I can see in task manager that Xibo is using about 1.4gb of ram, even if i close the xibo client is runs in the background eating memory until i end the process. Has anyone came across this or know a fix?
    never heard of that - have you tried posting on there website?

Alex tends to reply pretty quickly to any bugs/problems

Thank Post
    I posted a question on there just before posting here just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issue

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

New Xibo user, and my moods are currently going from joy to frustration. Anyone have any idea why Xibo is now not showing any RSS feeds. I've completely stripped the template so it's just a background, added an RSS ticker and used the BBC's feed and nothing. Embedding a webpage and embedding a WMV video all seem to work. Feeds worked about an hour ago.

Arrrrgh!

UPDATE:
    Solved. Apparently removing the ticker region and re-adding solved the problem
    Last edited by basicchannel; 1st April 2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Solved problem

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by basicchannel View Post
    Hi,

New Xibo user, and my moods are currently going from joy to frustration. Anyone have any idea why Xibo is now not showing any RSS feeds. I've completely stripped the template so it's just a background, added an RSS ticker and used the BBC's feed and nothing. Embedding a webpage and embedding a WMV video all seem to work. Feeds worked about an hour ago.

Arrrrgh!

UPDATE:
    Solved. Apparently removing the ticker region and re-adding solved the problem
    I had a similar issue but mine was related to the fact I was using a PNG background. Changed to JPG and the problem went away :s Was a bit weird tbh!

How are you finding it? Are you using the Python or .NET client?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Finally got around to playing with this software today even though we've had the server side installed using Xampp for over 3 months LOL.

I like it - great value what with it being open source.

My weekend reading is the user guide online, but for now can anyone tell me how to make things go on forever? I have to put a duration in for most things, but after a certain amount of time, my layout gets replaced with the 'Xibo Open Source Digital Signage Screen'. This appears for a while and then it all starts again.

How long to you guys put in your duration? Is it simply a case of putting in enough seconds for 24 hours?

Gareth

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    I had a similar issue but mine was related to the fact I was using a PNG background. Changed to JPG and the problem went away :s Was a bit weird tbh!

How are you finding it? Are you using the Python or .NET client?
    .NET. It has its ups and downs TBH. I have been tempted to scrap it and just throw a load of money at Navaho or the like; have them do it all for me. But when I think how much money the school could save (and it could look good on the old CV - a scenario where I saved the school s) and the lack of excitement I got from these incredibly expensive solutions I go back to Xibo.

Regarding PNG backgrounds; I tried using one the other day and it worked OK. However, when I tried loading an RSS ticker over it it loaded up fine but the region area had this awful lime green background. Switched the BG back to a jpg and it was fine.

Whats the python client like?

Thank Post
    im currently testing xibo at the momnet and all is well so far but, ive embeded the code for live bbc news it works fine but only on 1 client. All the rest just say not possible to view this content? and on another note, when i resize it in the code it becomes very jumpy it only seems to like being at 395x640? any ideas on how to get it smaller and running smoothly?

Thanks

Dan

Thank Post
    Check by playing the bbc news staight on the client rather than through Xibo. The only time I had issues with a machine not playing live news was due to the internet browser wanting updates before it would play the stream.

Thank Post
    got bbc news working all good now,

But does anyone no of any flash or HTML weather updates sorta similar to the MS Widgets you can get nice looking and simple ones?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Jonesy View Post
    got bbc news working all good now,

But does anyone no of any flash or HTML weather updates sorta similar to the MS Widgets you can get nice looking and simple ones?
    How about one of these

Google Gadgets For Your Webpage

Thank Post
    I use the metoffice one you can customise it for your area. Met Office: Weather Widgets follow the steps, then copy and paste the code into an HTML document, save it somewhere Xibo can read it from and insert it into a layout as a webpage - Works well for me. I've got a clock and weather update on our reception screen both of them inserted in this way.

Mike.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I use the metoffice one you can customise it for your area. Met Office: Weather Widgets follow the steps, then copy and paste the code into an HTML document, save it somewhere Xibo can read it from and insert it into a layout as a webpage - Works well for me. I've got a clock and weather update on our reception screen both of them inserted in this way.

Mike.
    Thats great works a treat. Thank you.

What else are people showing on the front screens using xibo?

THanks

Dan

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Jonesy View Post
    Thats great works a treat. Thank you.

What else are people showing on the front screens using xibo?

THanks

Dan
    We have a clock in the top corner from ClockLink.com - Free Flash World Clock and the BBC news on an RSS feed across the bottom.

Thank Post
    Another Question *sorry* everythings working really nice looks smart, but i have the Live sky news feed going what i was wondering is there any way of putting subtitles on it? its just the screens we got its going to be awkard to play the sound.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information