+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Anyone using XIBO in General; Alex: if I set a small collection window say ever 5 minutes but items in a layout last for longer ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,500 Posts
    Alex: if I set a small collection window say ever 5 minutes but items in a layout last for longer is the display only updated when a layout finishes playing?

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Alex: if I set a small collection window say ever 5 minutes but items in a layout last for longer is the display only updated when a layout finishes playing?

Ben
    No it will refresh each individual item on the screen at the set intervals

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,500 Posts
    Ok, so if in one area I have a 10 minute video, another area I have a 7 minute powerpoint, when each region finishes and if the collection interval has also passed it will be refreshed?

Ben

Thank Post
    If you have 2 different displays they will work independantly. Each layout will show for the full length of the longest region and then move onto the next layout. Each display can show different layouts as assigned to them. So if you show 2 regions in 1 layout, it will cycle until the longest one...in your example above it will show for 10 mins and the 7 min PP will loop for another 3.

Thank Post
    I've been up and down this thread numerous times, but can't work out a way to embed the BBC News 24 video feed and get it to play full screen without the controls showing automatically. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

Thank Post
    I'm looking for a good site or documents that can educate me on how rss feeds work. I can do very simple ones in xibo but sometimes they don't work. Any suggestions would be welcome. Also - has anyone used powerpoint to flash converters and any recommendations.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rayxibo View Post
    I'm looking for a good site or documents that can educate me on how rss feeds work. I can do very simple ones in xibo but sometimes they don't work. Any suggestions would be welcome. Also - has anyone used powerpoint to flash converters and any recommendations.
    Sorry taken so long to see that post - what parts are you struggling with the RSS feeds?

And also why are you trying to convert powerpoints to flash? you can just run powerpoints through xibo

Thank Post
    Never used Xibo before, is it possible to make Xibo play live TV channels and switch personal information automatically (just like on real TV just with my information/adds) Anybody tried it before? Maybe someone can suggest other software for that functions if it`s hard to make with Xibo. I want that function at the gym,whre is broadcasting TV channels, I want to make suggestions to customers (or adds). Thanks for help

Thank Post
    Yes, you can set different area(region) on the display for different things, so you could have a video feed(BBC news for example) in one section and then set another section have RSS feeds etc. We use it here with a video created in photostory running with Educaiton news running alongside it. Works well.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    Yes, you can set different area(region) on the display for different things, so you could have a video feed(BBC news for example) in one section and then set another section have RSS feeds etc. We use it here with a video created in photostory running with Educaiton news running alongside it. Works well.
    i know it can do video feed from things like sky news, but im not sure if tadas means live feeds from an aerial. is that possible? as we have a tv aerial and server with tv card so can capture the stream but its then showing it. ive tried the vlc to webpage and vlc to flash guides but they never work

Thank Post
    Yes, you are right MK-2, i`m searching for solutions to display aerial TV (or digital TV), and i think the best way to connect TV via HDMI to computer with video card, but i still don`t how to make it to both stream TV programs and my information (adds and so on) without any borders, at this moment without any live feeds, time or rss, just adds and TV programs (like regular TV channels: video-ads-video-ads) can`t find free programs cause other platforms are very expensive (from live tv streaming it costs from $1000

Thank Post
    Ah right, sorry mis-read

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tadas View Post
    Yes, you are right MK-2, i`m searching for solutions to display aerial TV (or digital TV), and i think the best way to connect TV via HDMI to computer with video card, but i still don`t how to make it to both stream TV programs and my information (adds and so on) without any borders, at this moment without any live feeds, time or rss, just adds and TV programs (like regular TV channels: video-ads-video-ads) can`t find free programs cause other platforms are very expensive (from live tv streaming it costs from $1000
    as i said, the only way i could find that might work was to use vlc to stream the tv feed to a web address, then have that web address shown as a region on the screen (there are guides on vlc pages)

Thank Post
    yeah, it`s a good idea, only more difficulties with controlling channels and explaining system for others

Thank Post
    is this just me .. but i cant get the damn thing to work properly.

Have installed it with wamp

installed the clients

i make a quick test layout and save and it works ok .

I change this layout or try and apply a new one and it doesnt do nothing ?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information