+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Free TechNet Subscription in General; I feel bad that mine still works...
    Thank Post
    I feel bad that mine still works

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    Having checked this morning looks like all subscriptions have been removed as none of the guys here can get into the downloads section at all now.
    I can get to the downloads page, but the downloads and keys are greyed out. It says I'm signed in (possibly because I used the same ID as I used for other MS sites) but there doesn't appear to be anything in my subscription area.

What annoys me is that I was mainly wanting to create a disc library for "private" (mainly) reinstalls/repairs using pre-existing keys where the owners have lost/never had the discs (though upgrading a couple of my own machines would have been nice) but the system seems to have been hammered by people who just saw "FREE STUFF" (one site has a guy boasting about obtaining 300 Vista keys!).

Thank Post
    All greyed out here too. That's that then.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    looks like my home server idea has failed before it started, and not to mention the fact that i filled out the bloody survey!

I am now on the phone complaining...

will update on how it goes.
    Last edited by nephilim; 4th June 2009 at 10:46 AM.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    looks like my home server idea has failed before it started, and not to mention the fact that i filled out the bloody survey!
    Any use?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    sadly it is of no use, as I am going to be running windows server home. I just got off the blower to a nice guy called Frank, who said everyones Pilot subscriptions have been put on hold for the time being, which means you can still download till your hearts content, but serial keys etc will be put on hold.

I explained that as I work in education I am a valuable customer as I frequently test products on a regular basis, to which he said if it isnt working by Saturday morning, call back and he will "update" the account so that it can work. Apparently yesterday they had over 30million sign ups world wide.

Thank Post
    This server is very broken and I only get error messages

Richard

richard_s
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    All greyed out here too. That's that then.
    Just checked and eveything is greyed out. You can't even download the images now which is a bit of a pain but its not the end of the world as the boss pays for a tech net subscription anyway.

The problem was it got leaked out on to the net and like others have said people have seen free stuff and that was it. I have already heard of people who signed up and grabbed a whole of licence keys for Vista and Office have been selling them to anyone willing to pay 20 each for them.

richard_s
    sadly it is of no use, as I am going to be running windows server home. I just got off the blower to a nice guy called Frank, who said everyones Pilot subscriptions have been put on hold for the time being, which means you can still download till your hearts content, but serial keys etc will be put on hold.

I explained that as I work in education I am a valuable customer as I frequently test products on a regular basis, to which he said if it isnt working by Saturday morning, call back and he will "update" the account so that it can work. Apparently yesterday they had over 30million sign ups world wide.
    That was the only one I downloaded yesterday as I was planning on setting up a home server for myself at some point spare parts permitting.

Thank Post
    I've still got downloads running in transfer manager that I started yesterday but I'm unable to get the keys

Thank Post
    I can log in but cant get downloads or keys. Is this going to be fixed or do I need to contact Microsoft and request my access is restored?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    I can log in but cant get downloads or keys. Is this going to be fixed or do I need to contact Microsoft and request my access is restored?
    It was a mistake, the page was only supposed to be open to those invited. We were not entitled to use it, so the benefits have been removed. I don't think you're going to get anywhere by asking for access to something that was an accident and wasn't charged for.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just finished another LENGTHY conversation with them, if you didnt fill out the survey, your not getting it, simple as.

I just bought mine because I dont want to wait 2 weeks until they have gone through the backlog of who has done the survey on the account and who hasnt.

289 well spent, as it means I get the entire library of Microsoft Products, including Windows 7 when it comes out properly!

Thank Post
    Just finished another LENGTHY conversation with them, if you didnt fill out the survey, your not getting it, simple as.
    I would have filled out a survey if one had been presented to me.

Thank Post

I just bought mine because I dont want to wait 2 weeks until they have gone through the backlog of who has done the survey on the account and who hasnt.

289 well spent, as it means I get the entire library of Microsoft Products, including Windows 7 when it comes out properly!
    There are other discount codes that still work, I had it to 199 on the order screen (no idea if VAT was on it or not at the time)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast