+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Thank you. in General; Well, another school year almost over. Nothing to do now but watch DVDs on th eprojectors as we wait for ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,995 Times in 934 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank you.

Well, another school year almost over. Nothing to do now but watch DVDs on th eprojectors as we wait for the little darlings to be released into the community for the summer. For many of us it just means we get to turn up for work scruffy and plod on doing annual maintenance and large tasks we've been putting off for a while. For othewrs they get the entire summer off and don't have to worry about a thing until the end of August.
    All I want to say to you all is thank you. Thank you to the moderators who do lots of silent moderaty type things in the background (like filling up my PMs and e-mail inbox!).
    Thanks to all of you guys who contribute your expertise and opinions and make the site what it is.
    And a big thank you to our regular members who have created little apps and code fro us all to take advantage of.
    I hope you all have a great summer and I shall observe with dismay as our daily hits go from an average of 11,000 now to about 2,000 when everyone is away. If you are off for the summer please don't be a stranger as us saddos need some company y'know.

Thank Post

Re: Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box
    For many of us it just means we get to turn up for work scruffy and plod on doing annual maintenance and large tasks we've been putting off for a while.
    I think you've got it spot on there!

As Dos_Box said, I think a big thank you should go out to the people who do the hardwork to keep the site up and running. There's been many a time when i've come here in search of help and within minutes my prayers had been answered!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Thank Post

I agree with Indie, thanks for all the hard work you guys and gals do out there in helping us with our problems.

Bit of bad news for me, I've found out the school is only closed for 5 weeks and 4 days. Not even the full 6 week I used to get as a kid, the teachers here are a bit niffed because they loose 1 day, so they'll be expecting everything to be working perfectly when they get back.

Thats a new suite of 20 comuters in art, general maintenace, i'm trying to setup an exchange server at the moment amongst other things. Why do we have to break up next week instead of this week?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 729 Posts

I would further like to say thank you to all for being so understanding at times when things are very hectic for IT in schools as the teachers are gearing up for a long break we are contemplating the next upgrade, installs and testing etc just so the teaching staff can carry on their good work in furthering the youth of today.

Thank you IT people wherever you are, from all the TEACHERS of the WORLD! your fantastic......

Thank Post

I would also like to say thanks for all the tips and ideas i've picked up from this site.

Seeing as this is my first job, and this website and everyone involved with it have made my first year in educational support much easier! From getting help with impossible problems, letting off steam in FFS! and finding out, we all face the same problems!

I only help that some of my insane ramblings have been as helpful to other members as everyone else has been to me!

Chris

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Thanks to everybody who makes this site what it is and all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes and answering topics to help people out.

Long live IT Support :P

Thank Post

Absolutely agree with all the sentiments here.

Thanks to everyone concerned, this site is a fantastic resource, and a great source of entertainment at times too!

Quote Originally Posted by webman
    Long live IT Support :P
    And long live Edugeek!

Thank Post

And so say all of us!

Thank Post

and what better way for everyone to show their appreciation than by contributing to the BETT2007 appeal

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts

Thanks to all, been a great year, and an excellent resouce, only 9 weeks of work to go

Thank Post

9 weeks?

Does your Autumn term start in October or are you planning to leave your current job?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by NetworkGeezer
    9 weeks?

Does your Autumn term start in October or are you planning to leave your current job?
    Were on 9 weeks holiday in East Lancs as well as we are shifting our abnormal holiday pattern to the more normal pattern.....

...... and yes thank you to all the people who have made Edugeek the community it has become.

Thank Post

Edugeek

The 4th Emergency Service.........................................!

Thank Post

Hi.
    You can see that I have only joined a few days ago and the questions I have asked and the replies I have had has helped me a lot because trying to do what I have done all on my own has not been easy.
    This is a great site may It go from strength to strength .
    Regards Michael.

Thank Post

Yep great site and fantastic resource for the geeks and noobs alike.

Have a great summer guys & gals - 6 weeks of installations, repairs, reformats, clean ups and dodging the inevitable building work. But it's fun cos there are no kids or teachers to interfere Woohoo!!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information