+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Star Trek in General; Went to see the new Film last night, never seen a film like it. Its just perfect. No one spoke ...
    Thank Post

Star Trek

Went to see the new Film last night, never seen a film like it. Its just perfect.

No one spoke through the film, no one got up to use the loo. Rapt attention from everyone,

Special effects enhanced the film but were not the film if that makes sense. They were certainly the best I had ever seen but not over done. I have nothing bad to say about the cast,

Cant wait to see the next one.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Saw this at the Birmingham IMAX a couple of weeks ago. Wow!!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    I loved it!
    Except Chekov who was all wrong - but you can't have everything!

stu
    Thank Post
    film was ace didn't like how Russian Chekov was it was bit too ridicules but the film was amazingly written and funny and intense at the same time.
    <POSSIBLE SPOILER>
    Only one fault that I didn't like, ejecting a warp core surly would cause power to fail so no shields so wouldn't the ship get blown to pieces rather than what did happen, in that situation the blast and the predicament should have cancelled each other out would make more seance than what they did use to explain it.

bit cryptic but trying not to give any real details away whilst people who have seen it should know what I mean
    Last edited by stu; 20th May 2009 at 09:06 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    film was ace didn't like how Russian Chekov was it was bit too ridicules but the film was amazingly written and funny and intense at the same time.

Only one fault that I didn't like, ejecting a warp core surly would cause power to fail so no shields so wouldn't the ship get blown to pieces rather than what did happen, in that situation the blast and the predicament should have cancelled each other out would make more seance than what they did use to explain it.

bit cryptic but trying not to give any real details away whilst people who have seen it should know what I mean
    The warp core doesn't power the ship, it only powers the warp engines AFAIK.

ALso, the film was superb. Best Star Trek by a long shot. And I thought Chekov was brilliant too, one of the better actors

Pine played Kirk well, with the right amount of arrogance mixed with bravery.

And Pegg was his usual comic self.

Roll on the next one!

stu
    Thank Post
    fair i did love the film just one part i would have done differently, i like how they can make new films without worrying about the old films now to
    Last edited by stu; 20th May 2009 at 09:10 AM.

Thank Post
    Only one fault that I didn't like
    There's a "science review" over at Bad Astronomy that explains various problems with the movie's science.

I loved the film, first "must buy the DVD" I've seen for ages. It wasn't perfect, but is was pretty damn awesome.

Thank Post
    BUT NO BL**DY POLARITIES WERE REVERSED!!! LOL

i was the one saying to my mates ill be going with 5 boxes of popcorn to throw at the screen! as i didnt like the changes i heard about (the fact the ship is 500ft longer for starts)...........

BUT I LOVED IT!!!

Thank Post
    I saw it last week.Just like to say I really enjoyed it. I've seen the other star trek films and I think that this one is a good fresh approach. The special effects were fantastic too!
    Anyone who hasn't seen a star trek film before and been put off, I'd recommend seeing this one. Its not like the others.

Thank Post
    <POSSIBLE SPOILER>

No warp core = No warp ability, since they were at full warp just to stay still, ejecting the warp core would be pretty bad?

Also we shall ignore the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation"]time dilation[/ame] issues with being that close to a singularity as well.

Final action sequence poll (SPOILER) - The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    No warp core = No warp ability, since they were at full warp just to stay still, ejecting the warp core would be pretty bad?
    Not really, as the explosion of the warp core would create a blast wave strong enough to blast them away - which was the point. What would have happened is they would have been pulled further in for a brief moment, but then blasted out wouldn't they?

Thank Post
    Saw the film, was quite happy with it, certainly best Star Trek film for a very very long time. Film also made me realise, that should JJ Abrams wish to remake every film ever made, he should be allowed to do so.

A.

Thank Post
    keyboard here
    Last edited by rush_tech; 20th May 2009 at 10:50 AM.

Thank Post
    Did enjoy it very much. Found Pegg to be an odd selection for Scotty but he was funny.

Thank Post
    Film was great. Pegg and Chekov fitted the parts well but were odd choices and slightly strange in their approach. Also I felt old Nimoy was quite wooden in his acting almost which is really strange considering all the original films have been great.

I am very annoyed such a rubbish film such as Angels and Demons now beats it in the charts. Reviews between the two films are a big difference.

Roll on Star Trek - shame about the change of universe though (That annoyed me quite a bit)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast