+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, F1 in General; Button on pole - here we go. This time spectators can be seen and can see. Rain? Safety car? Who ...
    Thank Post

F1

Button on pole - here we go. This time spectators can be seen and can see. Rain? Safety car? Who cares the race is (almost) on

Thank Post
    That's a big yes for the safety car!

Thank Post
    Really enoying the race today. I lost faith in the F1GP after it turned into a parade with M Schumacher in the lead all the time. Yawn.

This season has been brilliant, and now it's on the BBC in surround sound its even more brilliant.

Great crash on the begining corners as well.

Thank Post
    Well done Brawn

Thank Post

Job done:)

Wish I hadn't mentioned the safety car - glad that nobody was physically hurt, could have been much worse.

Brawn do a brilliant job, yet again. Do you feel a little sorry for Hamilton though?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,866 Times in 1,384 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No I do not feel sorry for Hamilton. He was cocky the 1st 2 seasons he was in, and he said at the end of the last championship that it will be easy for him to hold it with the modifications that they made to the car for this season, oh how wrong he was. When things dont go his way he gets moody!

As for Button, its about time that he gets a good run at it, he spent way to long with poor cars, and now he and Barrichello helped develop this one with Ross Brawn they have by far outpaced the so called "better" cars.

All they need now is the designer from Red Bull (who was the chief designer for ferrari when they one the championships) on there team and they would be unstoppable in my opinion.

Also nice to see a 1,2 for red bull also, and as for Massa, oh well, a catastrophic ferrari cock up, but who cares, a british team with a british driver (and a brazillian driver) are doing the job and they are doing the job well.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    No I do not feel sorry for Hamilton. He was cocky the 1st 2 seasons he was in, and he said at the end of the last championship that it will be easy for him to hold it with the modifications that they made to the car for this season, oh how wrong he was. When things dont go his way he gets moody!
    It's still very early in his career. Just remember Schmacher's early years at Ferrari. It'll come back to him, it'll also come back to McLaren.

Thank Post
    Couldn't agree more - Hamilton looked like a sulky child in the interview and as DC said it's difficult understand where he's at.

On the designer front - that would be just awesome but then there would be no competition and we'd all be bored to death like we have been for the past few years.

Thank Post
    Think given the choice I'd prefer ro go for a few beers with Jensen's dad rather than Lewis's.

Thank Post
    In a way I feel bad for Vettel since he fought so hard with Massa. I think he deserved the podium, but Webber did well to fight back and and least Red Bull as a whole did very well..or better than their sister team at any rate. Poor Toro Rosso...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabeaver View Post
    Really enoying the race today. I lost faith in the F1GP after it turned into a parade with M Schumacher in the lead all the time. Yawn.

This season has been brilliant, and now it's on the BBC in surround sound its even more brilliant.

Great crash on the begining corners as well.
    what are you on about ? This race was as insufferably boring as the last one. Any pile up is always a bit anti-cilmactic because you then realise what follows will be an unnecessary number of laps behind the safety car. Oh, now the bbc have got a camera in the race directors room, so we can see what that numpty charlie whiting and his gang actually look like as they sit infront of their screens doing SFA. woop-de-do.

the bbc gave us a timely reminder of how boring f1 can be before the race, as they showed schumacher on the ferrari pit wall....schumacher appearance as if on cue preceding the sleep inducing boredom of the race that was to follow. how apt!!!

.....i'm a bit peeved the tv tax has gone on buying rights to a sport which could easily have been renewed by itv or shown on a commercial channel. btw, the bbc coverage is just as shite as ITV's imo...except the bbc appear to have created this bizarre onscreen marriage between DC and Eddie jordan which is peculiarly amusing. It's like watching richard and judy except even more cringeworthy. As for the surround sound, is that peculiar to the bbc channels ? Again, i have no idea what you mean by that.

12. Thanks to torledo from:

ninjabeaver (10th May 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nutso View Post
    In a way I feel bad for Vettel since he fought so hard with Massa. I think he deserved the podium, but Webber did well to fight back and and least Red Bull as a whole did very well..or better than their sister team at any rate. Poor Toro Rosso...
    edited this post three times now.

i'm getting confused here, another poster said it was a 1,2 for redbull ?

is that right, i thought the brawns won the race ?
    Last edited by torledo; 10th May 2009 at 09:46 PM.

Thank Post
    Could be worse - we could be talking about Man U

Each to his own I say - variety is the spice of life and IT is not all of life all of the time.
    Last edited by leco; 10th May 2009 at 09:51 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    what are you on about ? This race was as insufferably boring as the last one. Any pile up is always a bit anti-cilmactic because you then realise what follows will be an unnecessary number of laps behind the safety car. Oh, now the bbc have got a camera in the race directors room, so we can see what that numpty charlie whiting and his gang actually look like as they sit infront of their screens doing SFA. woop-de-do.

the bbc gave us a timely reminder of how boring f1 can be before the race, as they showed schumacher on the ferrari pit wall....schumacher appearance as if on cue preceding the sleep inducing boredom of the race that was to follow. how apt!!!

.....i'm a bit peeved the tv tax has gone on buying rights to a sport which could easily have been renewed by itv or shown on a commercial channel. btw, the bbc coverage is just as shite as ITV's imo...except the bbc appear to have created this bizarre onscreen marriage between DC and Eddie jordan which is peculiarly amusing. It's like watching richard and judy except even more cringeworthy. As for the surround sound, is that peculiar to the bbc channels ? Again, i have no idea what you mean by that.
    It's all in the timing. I got back in just in time for the warm up lap so missed the tedious build up. This season has been 10x more interesting than when Schumacher raced. I know he was good, but Ferrari and M. Schumacher ruined it for me. This season I'm slowly starting to get back into it. I'm actually looking forward to Monaco for the next race.

It was great having the surround sound on with the crowd and cars on the rear speakers and surfing the net at the same time as the GP was on.

I'm glad the BBC have it back, no race breaking adverts and stupid music.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    edited this post three times now.

i'm getting confused here, another poster said it was a 1,2 for redbull ?

is that right, i thought the brawns won the race ?
    Brawns came in 1, 2 (Button, Barrichello), Red Bulls came in 3, 4 (Webber, Vettel)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information