+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Swine Flu?? Can IT staff Clean all keyboards at end of day??? in General; Can I stop laughing now... The problem is that all of the above points (well the serious ones anyway) are ...
    Thank Post
    Can I stop laughing now...

The problem is that all of the above points (well the serious ones anyway) are true.. But even if you were to come up with an iron clad explanation at to why it's a waste of time, and even demonstrate it with a suitable casualty you'd then get a b*llocking for back chatting to your line manager or the head... T'is a no win situation.

Good grief but some people really shouldn't be in charge of a school should they..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by contink View Post

The problem is that all of the above points (well the serious ones anyway) are true.. But even if you were to come up with an iron clad explanation at to why it's a waste of time, and even demonstrate it with a suitable casualty you'd then get a b*llocking for back chatting to your line manager or the head... T'is a no win situation.

Good grief but some people really shouldn't be in charge of a school should they..
    Get the union rep to back chat them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Although I can appreciate people have concerns/worries,
    why should people be worried about this specifically ? because the bbc have run it as a news headline for days ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    why should people be worried about this specifically ? because the bbc have run it as a news headline for days ?
    Well it's taken our minds away from the G20 protests and how useless Gordon, Jacqui, Alistair and the rest are.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayatollah Pies View Post
    Part of my Arsenal is a small paint brush. Great for getting those crumbs out from between the keys.

I use it on my own keyboard though. Wouldn't dream of of going around all the workstations and I think the OP should tell whoever it was that asked them to do it, to go and flush their head down the toilet.
    Paintbrush, arse. Compressor FTW! You should see the crap/pubes/snot/skin/dust/crumbs fly when we do our..yuck.

We spray the KBs/Mice with foaming cleaner until plastered, leave it for a minute, blat them at full whack to force the foam into the KB and out of the drains (thanks dell), taking all the muck with it, and then we spray with antibac "phone sanitizer" spray and airdry with the gun again. Takes about a minute to do, does an excellent job.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,642 Posts
    OMG I've just been asked the same question... at least I was prepared by reading this thread!

nip

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayatollah Pies View Post
    Well it's taken our minds away from the G20 protests and how useless Gordon, Jacqui, Alistair and the rest are.
    No, No, I'm not having that.... "useless" doesn't cut it at all, downright incompetence, now were getting there... and I wouldn't trust this lot if there was any sort of pandemic anyway.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    Paintbrush, arse. Compressor FTW! You should see the crap/pubes/snot/skin/dust/crumbs fly when we do our..yuck.
    I shouldn't have read this whilst eating lunch !!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by contink View Post

Wouldnt like to work at your place, sounds like a dictatorship!
    Here, we're not scared to defend ourselves and speak up when some bullsh1t plan has been proposed. As long as you go about it politely, even the head doesnt have a problem with listening to your POV.
    Some things still get pushed through of course, but some ridiculous proposals have changed after our input

Thank Post
    Get whoever has asked to buy some NHS infection control keyboards. Sorted. Think they're quite expensive.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,699 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Wouldnt like to work at your place, sounds like a dictatorship!
    Here, we're not scared to defend ourselves and speak up when some bullsh1t plan has been proposed. As long as you go about it politely, even the head doesnt have a problem with listening to your POV.
    Some things still get pushed through of course, but some ridiculous proposals have changed after our input
    Absolutely -same here. I'm not a pupil so I would resent being accused of 'backchat'. If my line manager wants to do something that just isn't possible, I explain quietly and sensibly and he usually sees sense.

Thank Post
    Sorry but had to add this from an email the Principal sent me today:

It was once said that a black man would be President "when pigs fly".

Indeed 100 days into Obama's presidency....Swine flu.

Thank Post
    I don't think we're allowed to use anti bacterial wipes in my school in case someone may be allergic to the 'chemicals'. I use alcohol free wipes to clean (when I remember), I may as well use a damp dishcloth for the good they do! So will we suddenly be allowed to use 'chemicals' to clean?

I'm going to wear my 'I love mexico' t shirt monday and say my husband bought it back for me from his recent trip, then job done - home for the week

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Well sadly a small number of people have lost their lives. At the moment this is limited to Mexico (as far as I am aware), although there is a possibility the virus is mutating and could kill a lot more people. Admittedly the normal flu we associate with colds can kill people, but this is general the elderly who inevitably have a weaker immune system than a young person. This virus is killing or infecting perfectly healthy people quite badly and that's the significant difference. I've had bad colds before, but never the flu.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,699 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrbb View Post
    I don't think we're allowed to use anti bacterial wipes in my school in case someone may be allergic to the 'chemicals'. I use alcohol free wipes to clean (when I remember), I may as well use a damp dishcloth for the good they do! So will we suddenly be allowed to use 'chemicals' to clean?

I'm going to wear my 'I love mexico' t shirt monday and say my husband bought it back for me from his recent trip, then job done - home for the week
    Love it!

I went to Mexico many years ago - I wonder if I could dig out a souvenir...I did buy a large Mexican multi-coloured poncho - I could wear that and either be sent home because of swine flu or just because I am completely mad.....

16. Thanks to witch from:

ICT_GUY (2nd May 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast