+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
General Chat Thread, 2k for 10year banger trade in in General; Originally Posted by klop I'm more likely to swear at them than laugh i've got to confess! Beetle and camper ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klop View Post
    I'm more likely to swear at them than laugh i've got to confess!
    Beetle and camper here.. they're the older two. new (lol, 9 years old) car is just a daily run-a-bout :-)

But, it is 40 this year, just looked and it was registered 15th July '69, we'll bake it a cake and maybe give it a service for its birthday

Saw your post earlier about the bug.. best get your lad out there working on it ;-)
    When he comes back from Uni he will be on to it - the other old car is my younger son's mini - also not going at present.

My lad went to the Volksfest in Plymouth last weekend - the bay camper he was in didn't make it,and had to get there on a low loader. In a strange twist of fate, on Monday we were out and about and saw the same bay camper coming back, on a low loader!. As well as at least 3 campers conked out on the side of the road - in only a 30 mile stretch!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    you have to have owned the car for at least 12months :P
    so there shouldn't be any price effect on 10-year+ used cars because if you buy one now in 12 months time the scrappage deal will be over.

Thank Post
    banger scheme = great success!!!

maybe. possibly. who knows....

BBC NEWS | Business | Scrap scheme boost to car sales

Thank Post
    "...government figures show".

I'm sceptical about how much difference it's actually made in isolation... they're hardly going to say "sorry, we got it wrong" at a time like this. Hmm.

Thank Post
    It 'worked' in europe, and as i predicted previously it'll work to an extent here aswell. Obviously they are betting on recovery in the car market as a whole in line with recovery in economy, consumer spending etc. to kick in by the time the scheme comes to an end. It's a short-term prop or stimulus as politicians like to say. There would be something wrong if these artificial stimulus had no effect. Even a marginal effect would be unusual because of the extreme lows in sales figures, stimulus has a much greater impact when you start from such a low base as in previous months.

everything's relative.

coquet636
    well i am real life proof it worked.... i have a shiney new car outside compared to the skip on wheels i used to own... as i said earlier in the post without this scheme i would never have bought a new car..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coquet636 View Post
    well i am real life proof it worked.... i have a shiney new car outside compared to the skip on wheels i used to own... as i said earlier in the post without this scheme i would never have bought a new car..
    Out of interest, did you buy a British made car?

mb

coquet636
    but of course NOT ..... i bought a Kia from the local garage so at least one person i know is better off....

Thank Post

There you go

Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Sod you lot with cars, [ ok I have one that's only used at weekends to ferry the kids around in ] but what about us bikers of this world ?
    As usual we get SOD ALL and forgotten about - thanks Darling you furry eyebrowed sperm of the devil.
    Cycle to work schemes

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345