+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Formula 1 - lets all laugh at.... in General; Excellent work by team Brawn again Well done team...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Excellent work by team Brawn again Well done team

Thank Post
    Bahrain has a capacity of 50,000

Formula 1 has never been about the spectators with grandstand tickets around 200-500.

Did you see how empty the stands were last week in China? These far flung new markets aren't working, the TV audience is still Europe - that's why they are tinkering with the start time to get the GPs on at a reasonable time over here.

But will Bernie eat humble pie and put more GPs on in Europe? No chance.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    i think rain's unlikely, don't you ?

vettel would be as good a pick as anyone for the race, but i suspect button might sneak the win, with vettel second and hamilton third.
    What are you like at picking horses

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Blog Entries
    lottery numbers would be mine, could you pick them for me! lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 623 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    20 laps from the end, and Ferari have just been BLUE FLAGGED!

There seems to be nobody there watching the race. Is this another case of F1 going to Bahrain because of cash rather than the spectators?
    Oh how I laughed when that happened - still at least they have some points in the bag - I think the govening body will double them or something now..... :-)
    I did notice that ACER had a label on the Ferrari car - so no wonder they are doing crap - most probably have to keep ringing up their 'so called' customer services......

Thank Post
    i'm going to have to turn everyone's attention back to the rubbish bbc coverage.

First off all, i wish these goons would actually advertise the race start along with their coverage start both on tv and the web. Don't think i can put up with 45 minutes of coulthard, eddie jordan and the presenter whose name i'll probably never remember. [he's that much of a nobody]

last week, they had DC do the grid walk with brundle, whoever dreamed up that particular bright idea, should be fired immediately. it was, predictably, a disaster.....and just shows how clueless the bbc production team are. I cringed while watching it, does anyone know if it was repeated today ?

this week, the co-commentator next to brundle got on my nerves even more so....i found myself shouting 'shut up!!' at the telly atleast 3 occasions as he would rabbit on about inconsequential nonsense just as something interesting was happening on the track. And how's this for the most tenous of commentator links....
    something like, 'a guy set the world record the other day for holding his breath in a fish tank...now will we see another first here today as toyota chase victory'. WTF?!!? the guy is an utter, utter tool. Remember that old saying, if you've got nothing useful to say...well this guy never has anything useful to say but that doesn't prevent him reading from his dire playbook.

As a tv tax payer i demand he be shifted off the f1 coverage, if this is the best they can do then it's woefully bad. The only good bit about the coverage is brundle. everything else is rubbish.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    i'm going to have to turn everyone's attention back to the rubbish bbc coverage.

First off all, i wish these goons would actually advertise the race start along with their coverage start both on tv and the web. Don't think i can put up with 45 minutes of coulthard, eddie jordan and the presenter whose name i'll probably never remember. [he's that much of a nobody]

last week, they had DC do the grid walk with brundle, whoever dreamed up that particular bright idea, should be fired immediately. it was, predictably, a disaster.....and just shows how clueless the bbc production team are. I cringed while watching it, does anyone know if it was repeated today ?

this week, the co-commentator next to brundle got on my nerves even more so....i found myself shouting 'shut up!!' at the telly atleast 3 occasions as he would rabbit on about inconsequential nonsense just as something interesting was happening on the track. And how's this for the most tenous of commentator links....
    something like, 'a guy set the world record the other day for holding his breath in a fish tank...now will we see another first here today as toyota chase victory'. WTF?!!? the guy is an utter, utter tool. Remember that old saying, if you've got nothing useful to say...well this guy never has anything useful to say but that doesn't prevent him reading from his dire playbook.

As a tv tax payer i demand he be shifted off the f1 coverage, if this is the best they can do then it's woefully bad. The only good bit about the coverage is brundle. everything else is rubbish.
    I agree the only decent person who actually knows what he is talking about is Brundle - the others are indeed crap. Still, I would rather have the BBC than the terrible terrible terrible puke stained advert filled tosh that ITV stuck on. Can you imagine ITV with the Grand National - " and they are coming up to the last....... " - CUE ADVERTS.
    The interview with Hamilton was also rather painful and I'm surprised Hamiltion didn't deck him with the amount of stupid questions he was spouting out - I bet he is straight out of 'media' school.....

Thank Post
    The Weekly TV Guide from yesterday's Mail had the start time in brackets.

Thank Post
    The Mail ? You read the Daily Mail ? -Shame on you !!

Thank Post
    I honestly only get it for the telly guide. We get vouchers so it's cheap

The Times is read by the people who run the country.
    The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.
    The Financial Times is read by the people who own the country.
    The Express is read by the people who think this country should be run as it used to be run.
    The Telegraph is read by the people who think it still is their country.
    The Guardian is read by the people who think they should be running this country.
    The Mirror is read by the people who think they are running this country.
    The Morning Star is read by the people who think the country ought to be run by another country.
    The Independent is read by the people who don't know who runs the country but are sure they're doing it wrong.
    The Evening Standard is read by people who are less interested in who's running the country than in getting a seat on the train home.
    The Star is read by people who don't care who runs the country as long as they do something scandalous.
    The Sun is read by the people who don't care who runs the country as long as she's got big boobs

11. Thanks to laserblazer from:

Andrew_C (26th April 2009)

Thank Post
    Did you notice when Hamilton was interviewed by the BBC. One of the MClaren team was recording the interview!! I wonder if this was to protect Lewis or to make sure he stays on track with his mouth!

Thank Post
    The Mail ? You read the Daily Mail ? -Shame on you !!
    I sometimes browse the daily fail online, for a laugh.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KWestos View Post
    Did you notice when Hamilton was interviewed by the BBC. One of the MClaren team was recording the interview!! I wonder if this was to protect Lewis or to make sure he stays on track with his mouth!
    No just standard pr stuff having covered few motor events in my time. It is quite standard for pr people of teams to arrange to record interviews for stock footage etc.

Russ

Thank Post
    I miss not having a competition to win a great prize, like ITV used to have!

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartKnight View Post
    I miss not having a competition to win a great prize, like ITV used to have!
    Yeah like the time they had an all-expenses paid trip to the British GP complete with chauffered cars and hospitality and great seats right next to the pit straight and overlooking the podium. I entered and my bloody in-laws who don't really follow F1 won it!!!!

F@&*!!!" @~&*!!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast