+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, virgin media Vstuff service. anybody used it? in General; Hi Got a leaflet this morning through the post from Virgin Media. Just wanted to know if anyone has used ...
    Thank Post

virgin media Vstuff service. anybody used it?

Hi

Got a leaflet this morning through the post from Virgin Media. Just wanted to know if anyone has used it.

Its open to both Virginmedia broadband customers and regular users but for an extra fee.

Virgin are offering free online storage and free photo prints service. It depends on what tariff you are on with their broadband but to summarise:

Broadband size

M/L - 5gb storage and 25 free photo prints a month
    XL - 10gb storage and 50 free photos prints a month
    XXL - unlimited storage! and 100 free photos prints a month.

Very good deal for no extra charge.

About time they did something for free, I am noticing their prices are slowly increasing!

To activate the service go to:

- Find-out-more - Vstuff - Myvirginmedia - Virgin Media
    Last edited by ranj; 25th April 2009 at 08:01 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No i dont use it, and it's quite a shock to see them giving customers something for free!!

will check it out, might come in usefull i suppse

I'll eligible for the unlimited storage so hey!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Whats the point of using it ? You will never be able to access it as it's most probably hashed together like the majority of it's crappy infastructure.
    Again last week yet more E-mail problems, more Web space problems, so what are they going to do - move everyone over to Gmail !!! They are outsourcing their E-mail because they are so crap they can't get even get the basics of building a decent mail platform - the most basic of internet needs.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Suppose your right, there premium service is bad so there free service is not going to be any good...

stupid virgin

Thank Post
    Mine still works... Had a couple of wire problems in the local cab, but all fixed on time, by engineers who knew what they were doing. Really nothing to complain about in 5 years or so.

touch wood!

Well, prompted by this thread, I've set it up to back up my 2Gb of photos. We'll see what happens!
    Last edited by Andrew_C; 25th April 2009 at 10:14 PM.

Thank Post
    Actually thinking about it. I agree with a lot of these points.

Anyone who uses their blueyonder webmail service will notice there has been a link telling users that soon we will be able to replace our blueyonder.co.uk email adresses with virgin media ones.

That link has probably been there with no update for about 18 months!!

Probably explains why they are having email problems.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    Well, prompted by this thread, I've set it up to back up my 2Gb of photos. We'll see what happens!
    Can't say that it seems to have done anything... But I'm watching GP and piddling around with Ubuntu 9 so not really concentrating on it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Well my sisters never had any problems, touch wood, all the time I've been paying for her internet at her flat in Newcastle for Uni so fingers crossed it continues. Tempted to activate this free stuff and use it myself mwhahahahaah

Thank Post
    take a look at the posts over at cableforums.org
    Apparently its pretty weak with slow uploads and a bad UI

Thank Post
    might have to have a look at this, the only stuff virgin seem to want to sell me is a mobile phone at the moment.

to be fair to them with regards to e-mail they are trying to support three legacy systems, I use the virgin.net one having been a phone based broadband customer before moving to a cable area and i have to say that i have not experienced any problems in about three years apart from a couple of hours downtime.

Thank Post
    just to add upload speed may be a touch slow!

set up a backup for 3GB estimated time 2 days 10 hours 9 minutes!!!!!!!

Thank Post
    Great! A new way to hit my download/upload cap in an even quicker time!!!

Thank Post

Virgin's VStuff

If there is an award for the worst piece of software ever written this would have to be a contender. Yes, I was offered up to 5gb free backup/storage space which I decided to use. I selected around 5gb of data to backup and was informed by the software that this would take 6 days and 22 hours to complete. So I trimmed down my request to about 50 photos and was told this would take 6 hours. I ran it overnight and when I looked next day it had only done 17 although the job was supposedly completed. I then did another 60 photos. This time it backed up 57 of them but for some reason it thought these were from a diferent user from the first lot. When I then asked for 50 of these photos to be printed I was told that I neeed permision of the main account holder (me!) - no explanation of why or how I go about getting it. One would almost think Virgin were reluctant to ever let anyone take advantage of these free offers!

The menus are of course abysmal. There is no initial menu option to use the system - you have to go in through the setup option where somewhere buried in the text is the option to use it.

All desparately time consuming and, so far, unrewarding. An email request two days ago to Virgin for assistance has so far not met with a response.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colhun100 View Post
    If there is an award for the worst piece of software ever written this would have to be a contender. Yes, I was offered up to 5gb free backup/storage space which I decided to use. I selected around 5gb of data to backup and was informed by the software that this would take 6 days and 22 hours to complete. So I trimmed down my request to about 50 photos and was told this would take 6 hours. I ran it overnight and when I looked next day it had only done 17 although the job was supposedly completed. I then did another 60 photos. This time it backed up 57 of them but for some reason it thought these were from a diferent user from the first lot. When I then asked for 50 of these photos to be printed I was told that I neeed permision of the main account holder (me!) - no explanation of why or how I go about getting it. One would almost think Virgin were reluctant to ever let anyone take advantage of these free offers!

The menus are of course abysmal. There is no initial menu option to use the system - you have to go in through the setup option where somewhere buried in the text is the option to use it.

All desparately time consuming and, so far, unrewarding. An email request two days ago to Virgin for assistance has so far not met with a response.
    Arrrrr, but what will happen is that you will get an E-mail asking you to let them know about how well they dealt with your problem !! [ With an option so they can contact you if you are still not happy ]

What I do with these is refer them to the reply I gave them about 2 years ago [ copy and paste the E-mail I sent with the dates ] and state that I have had NEVER had a reply to my complaints.....funny that. Still anything Richard Branson touches these days is complete and utter rubbish.

Last week my broadband and interactive TV went down [ again - happens a few times a year ] - I rang them up, went through the normal brain dead flow diagram the SFY follows on the other end and then found out I had to wait 5 days for an Engineer - 5 days !!!! WOW - yet again VIRGIN have excelled. Anyway next day it all came back to life, so the day BEFORE the engineer was due I rang up and canceled the engineer. The nice lady on the other end said it had been done......Guess what happened the next day.....

Thank Post
    Vstuff is tehcrap - so bloody ponderous! Also, the free photos are always incorrectly allocated (always < rather than > the expected amount.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast