+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Removing a video from YouTube in General; Morning guys, Yesterday we had a supply in who had a problem at her last school and the incident was ...
    Thank Post

Removing a video from YouTube

Morning guys,

Yesterday we had a supply in who had a problem at her last school and the incident was filmed and put on youtube. Some of the students in this school knew of the video and were passing a phone around with the video on in the class this teacher was taking. As you can imagine, this caused the class to go mental and caused a lot of distress to the teacher. I know the student shouldn't have had their phone on/in the class but that is not my concern now. I have been asked to see if we can get the vid removed.

I have tried to fill in a complaint form to youtube but nothing meets the minimum to getting a reply. I am not the person in the film, I am not related to the person. The student taht posted it at another school is undetectable etc...

Is there not a route for real, valid complaints?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Tony

Thank Post
    Sounds like the supply teacher should be asking for it to be removed. Or if the school where it was filmed is named you could ask them to remove it.

3. Thanks to K.C.Leblanc from:

Tony_Mc (24th April 2009)

Thank Post
    How's this for a stroke of coincidence - I had to have three videos removed from there yesterday too.
    Just create a YouTube account and then click on the Flag icon underneath the video and choose the appropriate reason for flagging it. Within an hour mine were removed.
    I've heard some people say that it takes a few flags for them to do it quickly - so I made my submission three times per video!

Alternatively support@youtube.com is meant to work - but I haven't tested.

Hope this helps?

5. Thanks to mb2k01 from:

Tony_Mc (24th April 2009)

Thank Post
    I've had videos removed in the past when they contained our students, but for supply who don't work for your establishment it's not really your battle.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    I've had videos removed in the past when they contained our students, but for supply who don't work for your establishment it's not really your battle.
    Err? Why? If the person is working in your school and disruption is being caused in your school then surely it's right that you do what you can to help. It's not like it's a big job - as others have said, you can just click on it to flag it and the video goes pretty quickly (I've had to do this in the past for bullying; it worked very well)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    How's this for a stroke of coincidence - I had to have three videos removed from there yesterday too.
    Just create a YouTube account and then click on the Flag icon underneath the video and choose the appropriate reason for flagging it. Within an hour mine were removed.
    I've heard some people say that it takes a few flags for them to do it quickly - so I made my submission three times per video!

Alternatively support@youtube.com is meant to work - but I haven't tested.

Hope this helps?
    Thanks, I have flagged this now and I hope the video will vanish asap.

Thanks for your help guys

Tony

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srochford View Post
    Err? Why? If the person is working in your school and disruption is being caused in your school then surely it's right that you do what you can to help. It's not like it's a big job - as others have said, you can just click on it to flag it and the video goes pretty quickly (I've had to do this in the past for bullying; it worked very well)
    I have to admit I'm 50/50 on this one...
    I originally repsonded with a response to help the OP.... but I'm not sure I'd do this myself in the same situation.

If a teacher (here, down the road or anywhere else in the world) can't control a class and happens to be unfortunate enough to have the situation video'd, then I don't have much sympathy. If they were a better teacher they 1) wouldn't get in the sitation in the first place and 2) wouldn't have anything to worry about as the video would simply demonstrate grade1 teaching!

Thank Post
    I've had to get some removed and they were gone in minutes! Explain the situation and see what they say. Might be worth emailing rather than 'flagging' as none of the reasons on the flag really suit...

Thank Post
    for the record, this was a case of physical abuse to the teacher. It doesn't even come into if she was in control of the class. Either way it was causing massive problems here yesterday and to help the school out we are trying to remove it.

I don't get this "not my job" attitude.

Thank Post
    just re-read that, I didn't mean that in a standoffish attitude, missed the :P at the end.

tbh, this has been the easiest thing to deal with all week, powercut on Monday, killed loads of switches then Conficter on Wednesday etc...

just waiting for the four horsemen...

Thank Post
    Lol it's ok - i'm hard to offend anyway!
    I agree partly on the "it's not my job" statement, but the flip side is exactly what you've gone on to say. You've been busy with lots of other work that only you yourself could do, whereas the teacher (or anyone else in the world) could flag the video.

I wouldn't take the "it's not my job" stance, I'd take the "it's not appropriate for me to do versus other things" stance.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    Lol it's ok - i'm hard to offend anyway!
    I agree partly on the "it's not my job" statement, but the flip side is exactly what you've gone on to say. You've been busy with lots of other work that only you yourself could do, whereas the teacher (or anyone else in the world) could flag the video.

I wouldn't take the "it's not my job" stance, I'd take the "it's not appropriate for me to do versus other things" stance.
    Touché

Initially the school management thought it was an IT role as "i would be able to remove it" it was easier to do it myself than explain the "internets" to them :P

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srochford View Post
    I'm not arguing over whether or not to help.

I'm merely suggesting that the person who should be fronting it as laid out in their terms is the teacher in question. By all means help; we're all nice people after all but if you can't meet the requirements for flagging the video aren't you adding to the queues already in place caused by false reports?

Thank Post
    it?

(...That's me suggesting we should draw a line under it?! )

rad
    Thank Post
    We have had this issue, either I found out the student and got them to delete it or we have flagged it up.

There is also a school with a similar name to ours, a student posted a fight which turned bloody. Emailed the school who dealt with it and had a personal email back from the Head Teacher.

Schools do take cyber bullying seriously and rightly so.

:Goes off to check Youtube for more school videos:

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast