+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
General Chat Thread, bebo to facebook photo copy in General; ive put all my photos on bebo over the last 5 years. I dont still have the originals. I want ...
  1. #1

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,527
    Thank Post
    1,339
    Thanked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    200

    bebo to facebook photo copy

    ive put all my photos on bebo over the last 5 years. I dont still have the originals. I want to close my bebo, but would like to transfer all the photos over to facebook. Is there an automated way to do this?

  2. #2


    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    4,694
    Thank Post
    352
    Thanked 799 Times in 718 Posts
    Rep Power
    347
    I doubt it, you'd be just aswell grabbing them locally and starting over.

  3. #3

    EduTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    5,071
    Thank Post
    160
    Thanked 929 Times in 730 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    274
    Not as i know of, your best way would be to do what kmount said and download the images locally and then bulk upload them to facebook.

    Doing that way at least you have to photo's again, and maybe this will give you a chance to maybe take out some of the ones you might not want on your profile any longer.

    James.

  4. #4

    Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    4,106
    Thank Post
    217
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 805 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    516

  5. Thanks to Domino from:

    RabbieBurns (21st April 2009)

  6. #5

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,527
    Thank Post
    1,339
    Thanked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    200
    Cool cheers I will try that. The other thing I was thinking was maybe scripting something with wget. I will try this first though. Cheeers

  7. #6

    Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    4,106
    Thank Post
    217
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 805 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    516
    probably work with the Down-it-all firefox extension fairly well - but then you'll need a bulk uploader for facebook.

    iPhoto has an extension for this which is pretty good, dunno about M$ alternatives..

  8. #7

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,527
    Thank Post
    1,339
    Thanked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    200
    OK nearly a year later and Im still nowhere nearer a solution. The thing with bebo is that to get the full size image, you cant just right click on the picture in the album, you need to expand each photo to get the original upload.

    As I mentioned in the original post I have years worth of photos and expanding every single one is just not feasable unless I took a month off work.

    Google turns up multiple questions asking the same.. If somoene on here managed to script / code something, I reckon they would be onto a winner even if they charged just $1 for it.

    I really want to close my bebo.. Ill pay someone $20 to download all the fullsize photos for me.. Any takers?

  9. #8

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,198
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 627 Times in 573 Posts
    Rep Power
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    OK nearly a year later and Im still nowhere nearer a solution. The thing with bebo is that to get the full size image, you cant just right click on the picture in the album, you need to expand each photo to get the original upload.

    As I mentioned in the original post I have years worth of photos and expanding every single one is just not feasable unless I took a month off work.

    Google turns up multiple questions asking the same.. If somoene on here managed to script / code something, I reckon they would be onto a winner even if they charged just $1 for it.

    I really want to close my bebo.. Ill pay someone $20 to download all the fullsize photos for me.. Any takers?
    How many pictures we talking? I might be convinced to do it for you if you're not wanting it done by tomorrow sort of thing.

  10. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

    RabbieBurns (20th January 2010)

  11. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,381
    Thank Post
    181
    Thanked 211 Times in 171 Posts
    Rep Power
    65
    Can you not just point a web spidering & downloading app at your profile and leave it chugging away with appropriate limits set on where it should wander?

  12. #10

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,527
    Thank Post
    1,339
    Thanked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    200
    Tried the spider things and some funky wgets etc the paths seem completely random and its all script and stuff that displays the photos

    Its 437 photos over 26 albums

    Been looking for a solution since April 09 so definately not a need it for tomorrow type thing
    Last edited by RabbieBurns; 20th January 2010 at 01:43 PM.

  13. #11

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,198
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 627 Times in 573 Posts
    Rep Power
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    Tried the spider things and some funky wgets etc the paths seem completely random and its all script and stuff that displays the photos

    Its 437 photos over 26 albums

    Been looking for a solution since April 09 so definately not a need it for tomorrow type thing
    Doesn't seem impossible to do. I take it you don't need then renaming or anything? Just literally download, put them in a folder, burn to CD/send them across somehow?

  14. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

    RabbieBurns (20th January 2010)

  15. #12

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,527
    Thank Post
    1,339
    Thanked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    200
    Bebo renamed them all to complete random filenames.. so as long as they were downloaded and kept within each album it would be fine.. Theyve all been resized for web before uploaded so cant imagine them all being much more than 50mb if they could get zipped / rarred im sure theyd be easy enough to transfer over the interwebs..

  16. #13

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,198
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 627 Times in 573 Posts
    Rep Power
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    Bebo renamed them all to complete random filenames.. so as long as they were downloaded and kept within each album it would be fine.. Theyve all been resized for web before uploaded so cant imagine them all being much more than 50mb if they could get zipped / rarred im sure theyd be easy enough to transfer over the interwebs..
    Send me a PM and if I get bored, I'll do them as and when and let you have them?

  17. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

    RabbieBurns (20th January 2010)

  18. #14

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,198
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 627 Times in 573 Posts
    Rep Power
    182
    I'm a sucker for these jobs!

    All done. Only took just over an hour.

  19. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

    RabbieBurns (20th January 2010)

  20. #15

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,527
    Thank Post
    1,339
    Thanked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    I'm a sucker for these jobs!

    All done. Only took just over an hour.
    Thats awesome!! Thanks for that!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. facebook,my space,bebo or twitter??
    By mikeymike in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 16th March 2009, 04:29 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1st February 2008, 11:32 AM
  3. Facebook, myspace, bebo etc
    By Andi in forum School ICT Policies
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21st November 2007, 08:45 AM
  4. BEBO
    By CyberNerd in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 18th May 2007, 07:02 AM
  5. Bebo?
    By andy in forum Educational Software
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24th April 2006, 05:04 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •