+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, That's that 'orrible job over with for another few weeks in General; We broke up last Friday lunchtime and I've just finished cleaning the projectors, vacuuming round the back of various bits ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,296 Times in 1,695 Posts

That's that 'orrible job over with for another few weeks

We broke up last Friday lunchtime and I've just finished cleaning the projectors, vacuuming round the back of various bits of kit (the NAS was disgusting), etc and finished off by visiting the server with the air duster first thing this morning. Just how does so much dust accumulate round the computers and server in so little time?

Dust mask in the bin - clothes in the wash and me in the shower asap, I think!

Sometimes I hate this job.

PEO
    Thank Post
    do you work near industry?

rad
    Thank Post
    Kids hey, they dont wash, thats probably half the reason!

I washed my work clothes at the weekend, by monday they are dirty again, don't know why I bother.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,750 Posts
    elsiegee, you are very good - I have to say I don't bother to do the projectors unless forced - our NECs seem to go on for ever and the sanyos fail whether I clean the filters or not...
    I wish I had time to vacuum stuff but the kids are always here.I sometimes get it done in the summer.
    As for dirt - in one school it turned out to be the carpet backing and the ceiling tiles shedding that was causing all the problems. In the other it is fluff from the sweatshirts - all my computers have burgundy edges!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,296 Times in 1,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PEO View Post
    do you work near industry?
    Not exactly - we're in rural West Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    elsiegee, you are very good - I have to say I don't bother to do the projectors unless forced - our NECs seem to go on for ever and the sanyos fail whether I clean the filters or not...
    I wish I had time to vacuum stuff but the kids are always here.I sometimes get it done in the summer.
    As for dirt - in one school it turned out to be the carpet backing and the ceiling tiles shedding that was causing all the problems. In the other it is fluff from the sweatshirts - all my computers have burgundy edges!
    I try to get round the projectors every half term... nobody else will. As for the vaccuuming; things had got so bad near the kit I was starting to feel furry every time I went near any of it! It just had to be done. I suspect the main cause is inadequate cleaning in the rooms generally

Thank Post
    I don't mind the projectors, it's a nice chance to wander about the school when it's quiet. Lugging the ladder about is a bit tiresome but most of them can be reached by standing on a chair/table (look away H&S people).

At the same time I usually go round the IT room machines removing dust from the backs of them, hoovering the benches etc which is less tedious than it looks. Desks are lovely when all the machines are lined up perfectly and the bench is highly polished. Unfortunately hours have been cut this holiday so I don't think I'll get round to that one.
    Last edited by grumpy_git; 1st April 2009 at 01:11 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I Do a bit of spring cleaning every holiday or so NM comes in to find the servers, floor, desk's gleaming and gives me that look! and everything few holidays we do the projectors and monitors in the class rooms.

James.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread