+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, The British psyche through use of smilies in General; The people who orginally created the bulletin board software that EduGeek runs on probably meant that this smilie 8O should ...

Thank Post

The British psyche through use of smilies

The people who orginally created the bulletin board software that EduGeek runs on probably meant that this smilie 8O should say dazzled or spaced out.

It seems, however, that as most members on here are British, we see something quite different. This 8O to us says very miffed.
    Someone just took another chip from our plate and it's getting annoying.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

Re: The British psyche through use of smilies

Its shocked to me

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Me too. Like ".... what just happened!?" or "You can't be serious!?"

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts

Looks like me on a monday morning after the night before totally spaced out!!

:|

Thank Post

Me at 2pm on Saturday!!!

...still me now really!!!

Thank Post

Lol, is it sad that I don't drink? I've never touched alcohol... I don't know what it tastes like. Am I missing out on something?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Join the club, _Bat_

Thank Post

Depends, some people enjoy the taste of alcohols and just drink it as a nice tasting drink. Some people just drink it to get slaughtered, and sometimes the first point leads into the second, depending on how much you like it.

Some alcohol is foul, or just there to get drunk with, I mean vodka, i can't say it's a pleasant tasting drink, so by that line of reasoning, it's something just to get drunk with.

I'm a bourbon/tequilla person mostly myself, but do enjoy beer/lager/ale, basically, I'm a "I like the taste" sorta person.

/waffling

Chris

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by _Bat_
    Lol, is it sad that I don't drink? I've never touched alcohol... I don't know what it tastes like. Am I missing out on something?
    Nah ..... it wasn`t the drink!! I successfully joined a new domain, well rejoined actually. I had previously been a member of this domain for many years but the previous domain controller decided to bsod me everytime I logged on and I then discovered she had quite an extensive wan. Accordingly I was demoted to a member server who`s only role is to pay for the four workstations.

However, as of Saturday I have I new DC who isn`t Open Source and is much more stable. She too has four workstations so we now have 2 balanced DCs, 8 workstations and a decent Server Room.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT
    Nah ..... it wasn`t the drink!! I successfully joined a new domain, well rejoined actually. I had previously been a member of this domain for many years but the previous domain controller decided to bsod me everytime I logged on and I then discovered she had quite an extensive wan. Accordingly I was demoted to a member server who`s only role is to pay for the four workstations.

However, as of Saturday I have I new DC who isn`t Open Source and is much more stable. She too has four workstations so we now have 2 balanced DCs, 8 workstations and a decent Server Room.
    Hmmm. You know, you can employ techno language to talk about anything can't you? Haha. I need to show that to the few people I know that may find it funny (understand it).

As for not drinking, it is because of religious reasons (I am a latter-day saint, otherwise known as the mormons... has anyone heard anything about them? I love hearing what people have heard )

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts

I think as you get older and nearer to 50 that your tastes for alchohol become aquired. I mean you don't just drink for the sake of getting smashed which seems to be the norm nowadays. I drink nothing but fine wine and a good malt preferably 12 - 18yrs old but never both together as they say "never mix the grape with the grain". Each to their own I suppose and if you don't take part in the social activity then i say fine you probably get the well feelin from something else.

Hic! must go bottle needs attending to Hic!

Thank Post

As for not drinking, it is because of religious reasons (I am a latter-day saint, otherwise known as the mormons... has anyone heard anything about them? I love hearing what people have heard )
    I had heard that you can have more than one wife (surely one is enough of a handful) though after a bit of research (just the other day actually) I gather that that is not necessarily the case

I do however expect you to be a young American gentleman who travels around on a bicycle

Andy

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by bossman
    I think as you get older and nearer to 50 that your tastes for alchohol become aquired. I mean you don't just drink for the sake of getting smashed which seems to be the norm nowadays. I drink nothing but fine wine and a good malt preferably 12 - 18yrs old but never both together as they say "never mix the grape with the grain". Each to their own I suppose and if you don't take part in the social activity then i say fine you probably get the well feelin from something else.
    I'm 19, and think I have quite a refined taste, admitedly, not keen on wine, but other alcohols, and don't get smashed.

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    I do however expect you to be a young American gentleman who travels around on a bicycle
    Sounds like the amish to me.

Chris

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    I had heard that you can have more than one wife (surely one is enough of a handful) though after a bit of research (just the other day actually) I gather that that is not necessarily the case

Andy
    If i remember rightly basically the people that oversee the Mormon religion basically decreed that having more than one wife is not allowed. but there are few traditional sects that still allow it but as rule these are people that basically take Mormon religion and convert into something else for there own needs.

russ

Thank Post

I have to say, I think the whole religious implications of not drinking alcohol is a bit weird, seeing as though religious people always drank alcohol, it was the safest way to drink. (sept the chinese who made tea).

I mean, there were stories about jesus making wine, christians/catholics drink wine every week at church.

I understand that the newer religions have a different view on things, but is there any chance you could explain your religious implications of not drinking, or your religion's implications?

Chris

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast