+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, One for the psychologists! in General; After a quick scan using WinDirStat, it appears that one of the pupils has created an awful lot of images ...

Thank Post

One for the psychologists!

After a quick scan using WinDirStat, it appears that one of the pupils has created an awful lot of images depicting people being maimed with lightsabres and guns, all in stick-man form. Despite the blood and violence, he's created a lot of set pieces and stories, so they're well thought-through!

It's been passed along to his head of year just in case, but he'd also created a powerpoint presentation about the types of games he plays, including Gears of War, GTA4 and Call of Duty.

I'm not going to drop into the nonsense about games turning people into killers etc., but they have age restrictions on them for a reason. Do a lot of parents still hold the view that because it's only a game, the age ratings don't apply? I enjoy these games, but then I'm mature enough to understand them.

If and when I have kids, they definitely wouldn't be playing any GTA games at 12 years old...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,447 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Its upto the parents at the end if the day. I doubt school can do anything really.

One thing they vould do is disapline him for storing none school work in his area

stu
    Thank Post
    But is hes showing creativity you cant punish him for that, maybe mention that it is unsuitable content but if he just making stories maybe offer him quick how to on making flash vids, again making sure the kid understands the kind content that is acceptable

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I might be wrong. But isnt it kinda normal for lads to draw things like that anyway, stick men killing each other lol? obviously nothing too obscene.

It used to freak me out when lads at my last school had powerpoints of guns. That was scary.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 761 Posts
    When I was that age and friend and I had a small sketchbook that we would take turns drawing in depicting strange and bizarre ways in which lemmings (as in the game) could be killed. Lightsabers were definitely a favourite, along with mincers and steamrollers. Lots of blood in that, and there was nothing disturbed about us whatsoever, we were just drawing what the voices in our heads told us.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fafster View Post
    it appears that one of the pupils has created an awful lot of images depicting people being maimed with lightsabres and guns, all in stick-man form.
    Perfectly normal - it always happens when you let them loose with Flash, you get the boys all doing animations of stick men being mangled in various ways, generally with gallons of blood squirting merrily around the screen.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Haha, guess it's nothing to worry about then.

Personally I can't ever remember drawing stuff like that. Am I weird?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,398 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That's just normal behaviour! I remember doing various fun stickman drawings!

Thank Post
    I used to draw some stuff like that when i was a kid, it was the "in thing" to do back in the year 7's/8's.
    Wouldn't pay too much attention to it but still, having them take up all your storage space! Hang him! :-)
    Give him a pencil and notepad, like the old days!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information