+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Calling all Dorset based techs in General; I'm hoping to get around today or tomorrow to leave details at your schools about an upcoming BCS event. I ...
    Thank Post

Calling all Dorset based techs

I'm hoping to get around today or tomorrow to leave details at your schools about an upcoming BCS event. I have to try to drive round to you all as most of the schools won't give out the name of their network manager or an email address

I'm currently a committee member for the Dorset Branch of the BCS and we're holding an IT career networking event next week called Job Night. We really want to encourage IT staff from schools to attend to mix with their IT peers locally from business, recruitment companies and training companies.

The event is completley free to attend (and you don't need to be a BCS Member) but I need to know numbers for the free buffet by Monday 16th at the very latest. We currently have around 50 attending and are expecting this to double by the event date. It is also advertised under Events on LinkedIn for those of you that use that.

We have the BCS President, Alan Pollard introducing the event and a keynote speaker on the current state of the IT job market is Mrs Alex Farrell from The IT Job Board.

Training companies will be talking about Microsoft certs, Cisco, PRINCE2 etc. and there will also be information about ISEB qualifications and SFIA.

I hope I'm not breaching any forum rules posting this but have previously sent details to Tony (Grumbledook) to post but I know he's been very busy.

Please feel free to contact me about the event - if you're in one of the surrounding counties or trying to move to Dorset for work and wish to attend we'll let you in too !

Oh the Dorset BCS site is at : http://www.dorset.bcs.org/

Calling all Dorset based techs-job-night-info-3a.pdf
    Last edited by UKDarkstar; 11th March 2009 at 08:20 AM. Reason: added link to Dorset BCS

Thank Post
    Well my plan failed to get round to most of the schools as I had loads of companies to notify too.

We currently have nearly 100 attending this event so if you are (or know) a Dorset based school tech then this could be a real good opportunity to make contact with other local IT professionals.

You never know when you might need to shout for a bit of help or advice ! Final call for attending is by close of business Monday so do let me know if you want to come along - it's all FREE !

Thank Post
    Wow - can't believe we don't have any school IT people attending this. Ideal opportunity to make contacts with other local IT professionals.

Final, final call today to let me know if you wish to attend.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread