+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, MCSE 2003 should I wait??? in General; Sounds really bad (but its not that I am rubbish at my job, its actually good for some things), but ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts

Re: MCSE 2003 should I wait???

Sounds really bad (but its not that I am rubbish at my job, its actually good for some things), but I do find the Dummies book for Server 2003 quite useful at times for some things, but I do like the MS Press one as well as Sams books, my ISA 2000 Sams book was very very good.

I also have a few books on CD which I sourced off the internet for various MSFT things and they are useful, cannot remember the names of the books, but they are really good as well, and the fact they are PDF means you can quickly search for key words etc and try and find what you are looking for quickly.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73
    Have you thought of the MCSA? Its still got the MCS in the title and sounds almost as good.

Then maybe go for the MCDST and you get more letters but its a support one so it sounds better.

Also you could go for the CCNA after the MCSA which is a nice one to get. I think mines run out now but I remember the exam being pretty difficult.
    I thought MCDST was sort of a bottom of the ladder type thing then MCSA then MCSE as they sort of built upon the skills learnt in previous ones?

Thank Post

I am currnetly looking into trying to bribe my boss into funding an MCSE training package.It costs 1000 big ones
    I've always trained myself so I'm not up on the rates, but that doesn't sound like a lot for professional training on seven exams (a couple of which are a teensy bit hard).

I'd look closely at whether it amounts to much more than being given a pile of Sybex books and someone standing at the front reading through bits of them very quickly.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PiqueABoo
    I am currnetly looking into trying to bribe my boss into funding an MCSE training package.It costs 1000 big ones
    I've always trained myself so I'm not up on the rates, but that doesn't sound like a lot for professional training on seven exams (a couple of which are a teensy bit hard).

I'd look closely at whether it amounts to much more than being given a pile of Sybex books and someone standing at the front reading through bits of them very quickly.
    Agreed. Most of the tim ethe software changes too fast to make any kind of permance in exams and learning by rote a process which you will never use is a waste of my time. I'll always get the big books for any new operating system though.

Thank Post

What does anyone think about the CompTIA Network+ course? Is this comparable to MCSE's? Is this a well recognised course?

fooby

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12