+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, I'm baaaaaaaaack! in General; Hello everybody! I've been away from the site since the start of this year due to a change of employment. ...

Thank Post

I'm baaaaaaaaack!

Hello everybody!

I've been away from the site since the start of this year due to a change of employment. Basically, the small company I was helping at doing A+ training offered me a full time post training people, running their own network, fixing consumer pcs and doing network installs for businesses. And after much deliberation, I said yes.

Since then, I've got several people through their A+ and one person through his Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician exams. I've also gained my MCDST and my Network+ with the intention of passing the Security+ in the next few months and then onto the MCSE.

I have been absolutely run off my feet and am loving every minute of it. I've also kept in touch with my former employment and have assisted them on a couple of occasions while they've been without an IT tech.

So, for those of you who wondered where I went, (and the larger number of you who didn't!) that's what I've been up to since March. Thankfully, everything's slowing down now and getting to a more manageable pace so I should be able to start catching up on Edugeek again. And if I can be of assistance, I shall continue to do so.

All the best,

Rob Cowan.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,117 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: I'm baaaaaaaaack!

Good to see you back ...

A quick synopsis of what has happened since you have been away.

We turned 1, passed 900 members (and getting damn close to 1000), have had another conference with another one planned for October time, one regional workshop run by Task-IT, another one in planning for East Midlands hosted by Djanogly City Academy, the newsletters are up and running again ...

We now received information and give feedback to Becta on a number of areas (discussions on the technical and functional specification on Infrastructure along with Information Management are the 2 big ones at the moment), we are in conversation with NAACE about the NAACEMark for IT Professionals (amongst other things) and have a few more people with links to BCS.

Threads on the forum have ranged from scripts to dpeloyment, policies through to staffing ... and then some of the weird and wonderful section of the interweb.

We may be planning a rendition of the Rocky Horror Show, but we probably settle for Mary Poppins instead.

Thank Post

Hey Grumbledook. Thank you for the run-down. Ranther annoyed I missed the site's first birthday. This is possibly the only site I've been part of from almost the beginning. (That's another reason I'm reluctant to leave!) It's also VERY good to see the site & the attendant community forging links with organisations such as NAACE & BECTA too.

Anyhoo, back to checking up on the forums.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook
    We may be planning a rendition of the Rocky Horror Show, but we probably settle for Mary Poppins instead.
    Woo Hoo! Rocky Horror here we come! :wav:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Good to see you again Rob!

I'm suitably impressed with your summary

Thank Post

Hello everyone and Rob..

assisted them on a couple of occasions while they've been without an IT tech
    The new IT Tech is here !!!

Now that youve pointed me to this fine site, I know where to find you when things go in to meltdown!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information