+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, private work?? in General; Yeah, maybe do defrag etc... I often prefer with slow machines to do re-installs its sometimes faster to back it ...
    Thank Post
    Yeah, maybe do defrag etc... I often prefer with slow machines to do re-installs its sometimes faster to back it up reinstall it and restore the data.. if they don't mind of course.

I like bottles of Bordeaux.. used to be self employed.... its a pain in the ass having to fill in self assessments so the occasions I do it I do it for Red :-)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by triggmiester View Post
    We do a PC Healthcheck for £39.99
    With this I run CCleaner, Malwarebytes, Super anti spyware, HIjack this, look at start up programs etc, some I can get done in an hour others take a bit longer. Also recommend memory upgrades etc using the crucial scanner
    isnt ccleaner just like a disk clean up??, why use 3 lots of scan software??
    with memory upgrade is 39.99 included in that??

Thank Post
    No memory is extra, sorry should have said. I use 3 lots because I've had things picked up by 1 and not the other, it just makes sure

Thank Post
    I do IT Support for family and friends, my business (Hosting etc) and my IT Technician job no rest for the wicked

Thank Post
    We do a PC Healthcheck for £39.99
    With this I run CCleaner, Malwarebytes, Super anti spyware, HIjack this, look at start up programs etc, some I can get done in an hour others take a bit longer. Also recommend memory upgrades etc using the crucial scanner
    I have a 4 petabyte pc which is almost full, will that cost me £39.99?

Okay, I did over exaggerate, but doing all those scans on a huge amount of data would take hours!

If I do jobs, its usually for people I know and they force money onto me. I'm one of those softies that doesn't like to ask for money.

Thank Post
    No memory is extra, sorry should have said. I use 3 lots because I've had things picked up by 1 and not the other, it just makes sure
    ok fair enough,
    i always thought that Malwarebytes was good enough to do the job without anymore??
    would you do a registry clean up or not, i know a few of us tend not to go there but in my experience has never messed up and seems to do the trick??

Thank Post
    I used to do extra work but got stung by a self built and ended up losing money, I tell them to buy Dell now but I will clean a PC if I like the staff.

Usually just get paid with beer or wine as I never liked asking for cash.

A contractor asked me to do him a website with a few pages, I declined and passed it onto our IT Teacher who asked for £150 and £15 a month to update it. I couldn't be so cheeky

Thank Post
    Yes I do a reg clean, never had any problems with it. Think I will try just Malware bytes next time and see what happens

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeymike View Post
    does anyone do much private work outside their jobs for extra cash ie servicing peoples pc's and how much do you charge??
    I used to do a bit but gave up over the agro of tax returns but above that having spent several hours tracing and restoring a TA's home broadband problem her "in kind" gratuity to me was a packet of biscuits!

Thank Post
    End of the day, most people would take to a well known computer retail store. They don't have a clue whats going on. So if it were me, I would charge somewhere around their prices. At least the 'customer' knows you and is in safe hands.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123