+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Beginning of the end? in General; In a way I think this was the most terrifying news story I've heard for some time, and it seems ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Beginning of the end?

In a way I think this was the most terrifying news story I've heard for some time, and it seems to have been quietly ignored to a large degree. Certainly no one's been called to account for it in the way they should be: BBC NEWS | Politics | Straw vetoes Iraq minutes release

I couldn't really care less about the minutes from that particular time, but the fact that the veto in this act has actually been used, and most likely used for little more than to prevent a little bad publicity, truly scares me.

Thank Post
    I agree with you jamesb........although it's true to form for this govt.

is there a national security issue to witholding the release of the minutes ? i don't see how, so i can only conclude that the minutes would be a hugely embarassing disclosure for those in the cabinet arguing the case for war at that time based on legal technicalities.

And it would no doubt be a massive embarrassment for the current labour party leadership. i think for the 'serious damage' argument below quote from the bbc website read huge embarrassment and zero credibility. not that the current bunch have got anything in the way of credibility. They've already got a mountain to climb to win the next election.....maybe with the release of these minutes they'd worry the sheeple might realise what numbskulls some of the labour cabinet really are and they might be worried of becomign the third party behind the libdems as a result of this 'serious damage'.

Releasing the papers would do "serious damage" to cabinet government, he said, and outweighed public interest needs.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    maybe with the release of these minutes they'd worry the sheeple might realise what numbskulls some of the labour cabinet really are and they might be worried of becomign the third party behind the libdems as a result of this 'serious damage'.
    Can't be that, everyone knows the Sheeple are busy reading celebrity news and don't look at boring political stuff like this.

Wait, did I say reading? Watching even.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    Can't be that, everyone knows the Sheeple are busy reading celebrity news and don't look at boring political stuff like this.

Wait, did I say reading? Watching even.
    Are you not busy spending your time listening to whatever Jade Goody spews forth?

Currently its a story a day for The Sun, did they forget the stories they printed of her being a racist?

Covering up the minutes, a crime against democracy.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Are you not busy spending your time listening to whatever Jade Goody spews forth?
    Who?

Covering up the minutes, a crime against democracy.
    We've never lived in a democracy.

Thank Post
    don't forget the sheeple aren't restricted to the celeb mag reading demographic.

don't forget to include the strictly come dancing numbnuts. and in general the type of people who rely on the bbc breakfast sofa for their world view and outlook on things. they are the worst type of sheeple because they really do have their heads in the sands.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread