+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, How does the system work? in General; Originally Posted by alan-d Clean up after installation - failure means caretakers won't allow you in again. . Failure means ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alan-d View Post
    Clean up after installation - failure means caretakers won't allow you in again.
    Failure means our SM won't let you out!

Thank Post
    Both the Gloucestershire schools I've worked in could buy from who even they wanted to. We have to get three quotes for larger orders.
    Last edited by K.C.Leblanc; 14th February 2009 at 06:32 PM.

Thank Post
    We buy decent LCD projectors Sanyo's mainly the UX88's and the UX74's. We fit it ourselfs. Saves a fortune.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pagelad View Post
    Nope,

We found a company a few weeks ago and they have installed 3 for me this month.

You do have to be pretty competitive though,

Weve been paying £580 for a new projector , moving the existing pole and fitting a new mounting bracket. Thats with a 3 year bulb warranty and a 3 year "move" warranty where we can call them to move it to another location no questions once within 3 years.
    That’s a good price for all of that. We’ve been quoted £835 for the same job and no moving option either.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,636 Times in 1,825 Posts
    We are supposed to get three quotes but unless it is a very big job I don't bother.I am just the tech (or network manager as there is only me!) but it is completely up to me who I use and I tend to use people I have used before or others have recommended.
    It would be a good idea to advertise on Edugeek, with incentives, as once one or two of us have used you and are happy, others will follow

Thank Post
    Just make sure that you are getting the required number of quotes required in your schools financial handbook. You should have something like that which states how much the cost should be before you need to gather additional quotes. If not, ask your bursar. You may have a procurement policy.

If you have the auditors round from the council they will not be pleased if there is no paper trail or records kept of past quotes. They may think you are on the fiddle.

Network Manager or Technician, perhaps you should clarify who is actually responsible for those things when the bleep hits the fan. Preferably make sure it's the guy who actually is the budget holder.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,636 Times in 1,825 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dalsoth View Post
    Network Manager or Technician, perhaps you should clarify who is actually responsible for those things when the bleep hits the fan.
    Yes I agree: I have been told that we only need three quotes if the cost is more than £5000m, which it rarely is...
    Also I make sure I get the agreement of the Dep Head before I actually buy anything much.
    There are no budget holders as such other than the governors and a sort of 'rough' idea of what some depts have - I say 'rough' because I get told to just buy stuff even if we are over budget and we will find it from somewhere.
    Only little stuff though, never big stuff we REALLY need

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12