+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Dad At 13 in General; Originally Posted by chrbb I'm very doubtful that the boy is the father, according to the paper his voice hasn't ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrbb View Post
    I'm very doubtful that the boy is the father, according to the paper his voice hasn't broken yet and he's only 4ft tall, doesn't look as though he's reached puberty yet so am wondering if the girl is using him, as the truth may be even worse.
    I was certainly capable of fathering a child by the time I was 11/12, but my voice broke a little later. Certainly, for me, in the earlier stages of puberty there were no obvious outward signs of the chances going on - unless I was particularly excited or had stripped naked

Puberty effects every one differently. The age you start. How long it takes. The order the various chances take place. My nephew has only just turned 12 this month and he's voice has broken, had a huge growth spurt, acne ridden and some bumb fluff on his upper lip.

Unfortunately this story is very plausible.

Thank Post
    The youngest parent on record is something like 5 years old...

but who really gives a crap?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Tsk, more chavs on benefits for us, the tax-payers, to support.
    We could always not pay benefits to teenage mums, the workshy etc etc.

but that would mean we would need to provide the 'pondlife/bottom dwellers' of society with the jobs, opportunties, cost of living, education etc. and not tax them to kingdom come when we provide these things....therefore they would need, like everyone else, to get an equitable share of the wealth that human endeavour in the economy creates, and that wealth is currently being used and creamed off by the fat cats. But a fairer society ofcourse would never do - the bankers and the politicians they hold to ransom would never allow it and it's been that way for decades. The last few months should have taught you something if you'd chose to open your eyes.

Think about it, the tax you pay is going into bailing out risk-taking banks and financial institutions so that they can repair they're balance sheets, pay they're bonuses lend credit back to you at interest. We are not so much bailing out the economy as bailing out bankers and continuing with our folly of debt expansion. And the benefit class are encouraged to indulge in this debt expansion so that the fabulously wealthy can profit.

Your anger is totally misdirected, instead of having a go at people who get state handouts to live on sink estates, and grow up fat, unhealthy and uneducated why don't you have a pop at the people who are really at fault.
    The politicians with they're warped socie-economic policy, the totally screwed credit money system which relies on debt expansion, the spivs and speculators who take risks WITH YOUR MONEY for eye-watering levels of return [or more recently loss].

That way we might actually be able to move forward. But i'm not holding my breath. Either that the system will change or that you will understand what i'm saying.

4. 2 Thanks to torledo:

vikpaw (15th February 2009), witch (14th February 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Thank you Torledo
    Well put.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Its still shocking though...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Pond life exists at all points along the scale. Supposedly we're to feel grateful to those high earners and contempt for those lower down than us.

The trend is to NOT pay for those worse off, as we get more and more selfish, following in the mold of our American cousins. Every year less & less money is put into paying for it, so that eventually only those that pay will get anything. We're such wonderful human beings.

Thank Post
    More info has appeared about it here.

I can't speak as a parent but I'm stunned whilst not wholly surprised.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    More info has appeared about it here.

I can't speak as a parent but I'm stunned whilst not wholly surprised.
    the plot thickens. Did the 16-year old really demand a dna-test OR did he [as is more likely] actually demand a newspaper deal, and the NOTW hack suggested a DNA test for dramatic effect ? LOL

Sixteen year old then replied, 'Look why the hell do i want a paternity test, i'm only 16, i don't want to be chased by the dept. which is to replace the hopeless CSA when i hit 18 for maintenance payments. Gawd help me if i'm actually the father!!! But the lady in your customer service debt, well she said something about a reward for providing down-on-their-luck newspaper editors with a story'

tbh this is story is now about as interesting as Gordon Brown being 'grilled' by the commons select committee the other day. snoozefest.

Thank Post
    I should have added my skepticism at the bottom of my post really, but yes.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    I should have added my skepticism at the bottom of my post really, but yes.
    ME, skeptical ? You must be joking, i genuinely believe that newspapers are there to server the public interest.

I also believe in other fairytales.

Thank Post
    Of course!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    Your anger is totally misdirected, instead of having a go at people who get state handouts to live on sink estates, and grow up fat, unhealthy and uneducated why don't you have a pop at the people who are really at fault.
    The politicians with they're warped socie-economic policy, the totally screwed credit money system which relies on debt expansion, the spivs and speculators who take risks WITH YOUR MONEY for eye-watering levels of return [or more recently loss].
    I think that people are angry at the fat cats, but what can be done? Money talks, and they've got a lot more of it than anyone else so they win. It's much more likely that protests about hand outs to career skivers might have an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    The trend is to NOT pay for those worse off, as we get more and more selfish, following in the mold of our American cousins. Every year less & less money is put into paying for it, so that eventually only those that pay will get anything. We're such wonderful human beings.
    I don't think that anyone objects to the benefit system for those that genuinely need benefits, but do object to working hard and not being able to afford a lifestyle comparable to those who do nothing but play the system.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    What a lot of aggression showing on here.
    Why do you think that violence towards children will solve anything?

You say that you will beat your children if they did anything like this, and yet if mattx had found a thread about a man who beat his 13 yr old son because he 'deserved it' I am sure that most of you would be equally horrified and disgusted - and would be ranting about 'chavs' and 'pond slime' (and 'retrospective abortion' - very pleasant ) very quickly.

I'm not saying for one minute that these people are doing the right thing or behaving appropriately, but I think that some of you are enjoying being 'outraged of Edugeek' and you are close to definitely being readers of the Daily F*****t
    What a pointless post.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    What a pointless post.
    Why do you think it was pointless? I was pointing out that the aggression shown by some members in response to your original post was unsuitable and reduced the posters to the same level as the people they were complaining about. I was quite shocked that it was seen as OK by some to beat your children.

I suspect that there is something else going on here - if so, why not have the courage to actually come out and say it?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    I think that people are angry at the fat cats, but what can be done? Money talks, and they've got a lot more of it than anyone else so they win. It's much more likely that protests about hand outs to career skivers might have an effect.

I don't think that anyone objects to the benefit system for those that genuinely need benefits, but do object to working hard and not being able to afford a lifestyle comparable to those who do nothing but play the system.
    yawn. are you going to be a sheep all your life ?

ohhh your angry about the disaster the spivs have caused but you'll still be a sheep and believe that targeting skivers and the benefits class is more of an issue than the decades of damage and inequality as a result of the actions of a comparatively small elite. I'm not saying the benefit bill isn't a problem, but it's a minor problem in the context of the bursting of the credit bubble.

Do the maths and then we can have a grown up discussion about this, rather than go down this daily hate deadend. There are now serious discussions about redcing the size of the public sector, where most of the jobs expansion has come from in recent years. If the public sector can't contine to create the jobs then where is the employment going to be created ?
    Fairness in the financial system goes hand in hand with getting people off the couch and into work.

Ofcourse there's something people can do, first of all it's quite clear that the bankers don't have more money than anyone else. As the uk taxpayer now owns majority shareholding in some of the world's largest banks it's obvious who has the most money....we do, the wealth creators, the banks NEED US to capitalize them, the banks NEED US to follow like sheep into borrowing back our OWN MONEY - they only have power because we are ill-informed, easily manipulated and would rather fall back on the daily hate agenda because we make the same mistake that you are that the financial and corporate elite are the one's doing us a favor. LOL..... We vote in the govt, if we don't like the fact that they are not serving our best interests then we can not vote in the same old same old.

we need to change our indebted ways to initiate real change. We cannot continue with ever expanding debt. The national debt burden is the far bigger problem. As i said do the maths and compare the benefits bill, the bank recapitaisations and the cost to employees of UK plc of uncheked speculation, poorly regulated financial system and subsequent soaraway asset inflation and then deflation.

17. Thanks to torledo from:

Andrew_C (15th February 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast