+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Dad At 13 in General; Originally Posted by steve_nfi What was an underage girl doing on the pill. Unfortunately, it seems as if many young ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_nfi View Post
    What was an underage girl doing on the pill.
    Unfortunately, it seems as if many young (and increasingly younger) girls look on sex as a form of currency to get what they want (be it material or something as simple as a bit of - perceived, at least - affection). It's going to happen, whether we like it or not; personally I'd be happier if she had been force fed the pill.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_nfi View Post
    What was an underage girl doing on the pill. She surely can't get that without the parents consent at that age.
    She can. The doctor prescribes to the needs of the patient; however, they are much happier if the parents are involved with that decision. There are medical reasons (beyond the obvious) for a girl of this age to take the pill.

That said, castration of the parents 20 years ago would have been a good idea.*

*Please note, I have never read the Daily Fasci**Mail

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    If my mum/sister ever read this I'd be in deep sh*t (both very anti-abortion), but...

In case like this I personally feel abortion should be a legal requirement.

Last edited by witch; 13th February 2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Aggressive and unnecessary wording

Thank Post
    It's going to happen, whether we like it or not;
    Only if we let it, if my boys start messing about at a young age they will ******
    Last edited by witch; 13th February 2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: swearing and aggression

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    **** good hiding
    Yes I have 3 girls and I totally agree!

The only messing about she can do is on some Virtual online thing, mind you I got a read-only VNC connection open sometimes!!

I was too busy with my Commodore Amiga at that age
    Last edited by witch; 13th February 2009 at 04:48 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    Only if we let it, if my boys start messing about at a young age they will get a bloody good hiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Yes I have 3 girls and I totally agree!
    Maybe it's different "in the country" (where oi did grow up). But I seem to remember that there always used to be the local equivalent of a "Rosie" (as in "Cider With...").

stu
    Thank Post
    :O at 13 i was testing the gravity floor face theory of skateboarding, biking and general jumping off things
    what sort of environment are they brought up in to learn these things so early

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorry but most kids are messing around in one form another (maybe not to this degree) It is called growing up and things have been like it for whole of human life - so to think my kids is not doing this is naive at best

Pill: It is good she was on it otherwise there would be more stories like this. We know from history that stopping teens taking pill doesn't work so better they take it and be educated (something that was lacking in this case).

Secondly: Abortion: I do feel that no matter what their age is, the views of the young couple need to be taken into account. But I would like to know what support was offered to the young couple in terms of counsellors; none I suspect. Asking people of that age to come to decision without help from parents, doctors and counsellors is wrong. Maybe if they had the right help the decision would have been different.

I am pro choice and believe everybody has the right to make the choice to terminate but we can't then put conditions on that: you either give people the choice or you don't. But the main thing is the need to have access to counsellors so people can make informed choices.

Just my view..

Russ
    Last edited by witch; 13th February 2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Bad grammar and spelling ruining a good post - hope you don't mind

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    Only if we let it, if my boys start messing about at a young age they will get a ***** good hiding.
    And that's the point - "only if we let it". Sadly, far too many parents do let it (or, probably more accurately) do nothing.
    Last edited by witch; 13th February 2009 at 04:48 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I remember kids I knew (I was the same age) aged 12 having full blown intercourse at my school in the 70's. It's a mentality that does come from family/ friends/ culture. Seems to be more prevalent now with so much cultural support. Mostly kids are encouraged/ expected to be grown up before their age. Everything influencing them tells them this. As a parent I shelter my kids from it at the expense of their popularity amongst peers.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,672 Posts
    What a lot of aggression showing on here.
    Why do you think that violence towards children will solve anything?

You say that you will beat your children if they did anything like this, and yet if mattx had found a thread about a man who beat his 13 yr old son because he 'deserved it' I am sure that most of you would be equally horrified and disgusted - and would be ranting about 'chavs' and 'pond slime' (and 'retrospective abortion' - very pleasant ) very quickly.

I'm not saying for one minute that these people are doing the right thing or behaving appropriately, but I think that some of you are enjoying being 'outraged of Edugeek' and you are close to definitely being readers of the Daily F*****t
    Last edited by vikpaw; 15th February 2009 at 06:30 AM. Reason: TYPO! - I got you at last! :P

Thank Post
    A compuslory DNA test, for under age births, might be a good idea, as both a deterent and a making sure that the wrong boys life isn't messed up along with the girls.

Coming at the support from the state side of things, from a sightly different angle than most, it kinda needs to be tailored not to support the parents but to give the child a fighting chance of succeeding, possibly linking in any benifits for the parents with attending ( and actually taking note off ) parenting classes and such like.

rad
    Thank Post
    This kid doesnt even look like he has gone through pubity now let alone 9 months ago. To me its more like a publicity stunt, surely DNA should sort this out.

Thank Post
    I'm very doubtful that the boy is the father, according to the paper his voice hasn't broken yet and he's only 4ft tall, doesn't look as though he's reached puberty yet so am wondering if the girl is using him, as the truth may be even worse.

Thank Post
    Sorry but most kids are messing around in one form another (maybe not to this degree) It is called growing up and things have been like it for whole of human life - so to think my kids is not doing this is naive at best
    Someone in my family teaches KS1. She was in Y1 class, and found two kids full-out snogging and touching round the corner. Y1 kids. You can't tell me that kids have been doing that forever. It's a sign of the lack of care of parents and the media to at least attempt to shield youngsters from this sort of activity. They're learning this kind of stuff from their environment, only it's not teaching them right because it pours sympathy on the idiots who get themselves into this position. I think a good healthy dose of shame might work wonders for society. Not to the point where girls are dragged off to convents or mental institutions, but maybe so they get dirty looks in the street. It seems to work to make them fashion-conscious, so maybe it'll work elsewhere.

I can't even fathom sex at that age. I was still playing with Barbies, and as tsky says, having snot thrown at me by boys.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast