+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
General Chat Thread, 10k - What Car in General; Would never pay more than a couple grand for a car ever. Paid 900 quid for my current car only ...
    Thank Post
    Would never pay more than a couple grand for a car ever. Paid 900 quid for my current car only 45k miles on the clock and lasted the last 2 years with no problems.

Why pay more for something that just drives you from A to B.

If it was a bit more money for a safer car because of long journeys or something i could agree. When i see people spend 10k upwards it makes me laugh.

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post
    I agree when spending 10k+ on something like a corsa or fiesta or other shopping trolley, but if you like cars and get a sports car (TVR, 'vette, porka etc) then you will spend >10k

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dalsoth View Post
    When i see people spend 10k upwards it makes me laugh.
    I have to ask why? While I'm not disagreeing with cheap cars making a lot of sense - what's wrong with people wanting a nice car? By that logic why would you ever buy a house with more rooms than you have family members, a computer that cost more than 500, or a cinema ticket instead of watching tv?

I took a while to save up for my car, but driving is one of the things I enjoy, almost to the point of it being a hobby - so having a car that makes me grin like an idiot whenever I'm within 10 feet of it makes sense.

Having re-read while I'm typing, I think it's because you're viewing driving as 'getting from a to b', as opposed to something enjoyable. Horses for courses though - you'll undoubtedly have more cash to spend on things you enjoy.

to the OP - we demand pictures and a mini-review, nice choice!

RwD

Thank Post
    You can get a nice car and not spend the thousands and thousands. I have a nice little car. Could get a few bits to flash it up (tints, colour seats, alloys etc) for a small amount if i really was into that but prefer it as it is.

If you car is your hobby then by all means spend away. My tech spends loads on his 1200 106 with performance filters, performance exhaust, tinting, new central locking and more. He loves his car and washes it like 4 times a week. Fair play, it looks fantastic. Did not have to cost a bomb though. The parts ain't that much either.

I think cars are so overpriced.

My sister just came back from Oz and bought a black Tigra with 19k miles on the clock for 1600. Looks great and mechanic says its in great shape too.

Paying 10k or more on a car just does not register in my mind as sane! Not knocking those that see otherwise, just saying how i personally see it.

I do want a nice house but i think again there are nice houses that cost a ridiculous amount of money and those that cost much less for the same. Different parts of the country.

I hope to move to northants because my own county will charge stupid prices like 180k for a 2 bed shoebox to live in whereas 40 mins drive and i could get a 3 bed semi with a garage and 30-40k at least back in my pocket for that.

Must take a long time to save up 10k and then its gone on a car which will then be worth only 3-4k 5 minutes later meaning a huge loss if you tried to sell it on again.

Thank Post
    This is the beast
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10k - What Car-207gti.jpg  

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    This is the beast
    I was expecting it to look chavvier then that.

Thank Post
    Well it no Chrysler Neon or dare I say a Zantia!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345