+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Here we go again... Six Nations... Bring it on.... in General; Oh yes - it's that time of year again and to all those who do not play in Red in ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Here we go again... Six Nations... Bring it on....

Oh yes - it's that time of year again and to all those who do not play in Red in Cardiff - BRING IT ON!!!!!

Let the banter begin.

Is anyone else on here going to be following the Six Nations? I think Wales are the favourites. Not sure what Martin J is trying to do with his England team - especially calling in Andy Goode.

Ireland are always dangerous but their back line hasn't fired and are aging.

Scotland - always a threat and are looking better this year than in a long time.

Wales - the favourites of course LOL.

France - WHo cares. MWAH

Gareth

Thank Post
    Wales pah!! You are going down! England all the way. Watch how we crush the Italians and know that is coming your way soon!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,699 Posts
    Well, coming from a childhood spent watching the great JPR and his merry men, with a father who, when he moved to Birmingham and watched Moseley play, had special dispensation to cheer for London Welsh, who do you think I am supporting?
    After years in the wilderness, it has been very nice to be back up there in the contenders in more recent years

Thank Post
    the Irish Times is running a fantasy 6 Nations competiton at

Irish Times - Six Nations 2009

The competiton supports the concept of a Private League and I've created the LinkedIn League for anyone wishing to have a go. PIN is 692. 3 players from each side maximum. No budgets to manage. 33 teams in this league so far, mainly through the LinkedIn application.

Ireland A play England Saxons as I type; Ireland Ladies are playing France Ladies too. Both in Dublin.

OK, now for an old one......

Edward was at school this morning and the teacher asked all the children what there fathers did for a living.

All the typical answerscame out, Fireman, Policeman salesman, Chippy,etc, but Edward was being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father.

'My fathers an exotic dancer in a gay club and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes if the offer is really good, he'll go out with a man, rent a cheap hotel room and let them sleep with him."

The teacher quickly set the other children some work and took little Edward aside to ask him if that was really true.

"No" said Edward" He plays Rugby for England but I was just too embarrassed to say"

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AILI4KEvNgw"]YouTube - As Long as we beat the english[/ame]

Saw that for the first time this week

Wales on sunday will be a tough game, but I must agree Scotland are looking a lot better than last year. If we can sort our kicking out I think we might have a chance. Got tickets to all 3 Murrayfield games, and still swithering about taking up an offer for the paris game.

PEO
    Thank Post
    woooohoooo!!!! and my gf is working!! Avit!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,642 Posts
    Mum was a pupil at Gowerton Girls' Grammar... a place reasonably familiar to OP I think.... I know its not a Grammar now. I too grew up following Wales, despite being born in Kent and going to Harrogate Grammar when England number 14 Peter Squires was teaching there. I think I was the only Wales fan in the school! Just as well Mr Squires wasn't my form teacher, really!

Thank Post
    I'd love to see Wales do it again...but I think that it's going to be really close between the top 3 or 4. England have a lot to prove and make up for after the appaling test matches, but also have a lot injuries at the moment. Scotland are looking really good, but do have a habit of making a meal of the games they should win. France always put in a good performance in the 6 Nations. Ireland, I'm sorry to say, aren't up to much at the moment.....but could pull it out of the bag. And I think everyone should watch out for Italy as they always have one really good game in them and could really screw things up for anybody...........so all in all I'm really sitting on the fence with this one. The only things that are guarnteed are that it will be bloody cold for the opening games and that I will be the only person sitting in my local (I'm living in Oxfordshire) wearing a Wales shirt on Sunday!!
    Cymru am byth

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Mum was a pupil at Gowerton Girls' Grammar... a place reasonably familiar to OP I think.... I know its not a Grammar now. I too grew up following Wales, despite being born in Kent and going to Harrogate Grammar when England number 14 Peter Squires was teaching there. I think I was the only Wales fan in the school! Just as well Mr Squires wasn't my form teacher, really!
    The Old Boys Grammar school is where I now teach. I didn't know there was a girls one. It opened as Ysgol Gyfun Gwyr in 1984.

Come on Wales.

GJE

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Smile

Watching England v Italy here - what a mess Italy are. Their scrum half is not a proper scrum half. Nick M has to take him off.

England looking reasonably sharp but Italy are helping to make them look good.

BBC HD showing a good picture today.

GJE

PEO
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    The Old Boys Grammar school is where I now teach. I didn't know there was a girls one. It opened as Ysgol Gyfun Gwyr in 1984.

Come on Wales.

GJE
    I hear Gavin Henson is injured... Wales dosent have much chance now P

Thank Post

This was the 1950s - My uncle went to the Boys Grammar - they lived in Grovesend; the other side of Gorseinon

Come on Wales.GJE

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well done Ireland. Only just but well done.

Wales tomorrow. We should beat the Scots. However the Scots looked good in the Autumn.

GJE

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,699 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Cue spooky music....are you sure you're not me?!!!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Cue spooky music....are you sure you're not me?!!!!!

Becoming less certain by the day

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast