+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, What would yu say is the most unreliable modern product? in General; Originally Posted by heybatesy Bl**dy Windows Mobile phones that our 'IT' manager insists we have as Blackberries are just 'fashion ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by heybatesy View Post
    Bl**dy Windows Mobile phones that our 'IT' manager insists we have as Blackberries are just 'fashion objects'

What's the point of having a phone that's battery doesn't last a whole day and then either refuses to ring or crashes when somebody calls you??! Arggghhhh...

Now where's my 6310..
    Which mobile? My Ipaq 514 was doing that, before I applied the 2 softpaqs for it. Now I have a week+ on a charge using wifi and BT. It's a voice messenger, running WM6 standard. Me likey a lot.

Thank Post
    It's a HTC touch pro.. Great phone apart from the battery life and occasionally not wanting to ring (which is a blessing sometimes)

Thank Post
    I have the same issues with my Samsung i900 Omnia... lucky to get a full day out of one charge!

Thank Post

Angry

A few things for me...!

Educational software that isn't proxy aware but need internet access and need firewall ports opened left right and center!

2nd is shrink wrap.! Can never open packages wrapped in this stuff, DVD film boxes for example!

3rd is Shrink wrap's close relative, sealed molded plastic packaging! Always end up cutting myself when opening goods packaged in this stuff! You hear HP!!

Thank Post
    Anything from the Indesit company

Thank Post
    Blackburn Rovers football team,

You can guarentee they will shoot themselves in the foot at the most inoportune time (is there a good time to shoot oneself in the foot I ask!!!)

Thank Post
    You can guarentee they will shoot themselves in the foot at the most inoportune time (is there a good time to shoot oneself in the foot I ask!!!)
    Sounds like the pompey defence at the moment

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,597 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartKnight View Post
    Blackburn Rovers football team,

Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    Sounds like the pompey defence at the moment
    Don't know what you're moaning about, my other half was born and bred in Luton and is probably their only supporter... now there's an unreliable football club!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Set-top boxes.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    Anything from the Indesit company
    Having owned one of their washer dryers I'll agreed. 4 call outs in the first year. Not helped by Curry's not connecting it properly and then blaming the machine.

Thank Post
    Having owned one of their washer dryers I'll agreed. 4 call outs in the first year.
    Sounds oh so familiar, not a WD865A by any chance lol got a Bosch now.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Well its not just me offering the 'constructive feedback' Mr Support
    Mr Support was my father.

it seems more and more schools are dumping your product because of various reasons and going down a different route.
    Only to you. Sophos is growing very faster.

there was a thread dedicated [ which I started ] for people to have a say on what they thought of your very product.
    I couldn't find it. I have seen the usual "memory hog" issues. Sophos isn't an AV any more. It's a full Endpoint protection agent. Maybe we should say you need 1Gb of RAM minimum. However I would hope that either (1) in your pre-purchase testing you spot the memory footprint and decide it's not for you as "my PIII 700 Mhz, 128 MB RAM, 4.2Gb hard drive DAN computers from the back page of Computer Shopper ain't gonna be happy" or (2) realise that the MS suite, web browsers and general Windows XP machines need at least 1Gb of RAM to work well ("work well" is debatable I know). Sophos cover the latest OSes and stretch back to, what seems like, the dawn of time and offers 98/Me/NT too. We may attract customers with really old hardware because of this.

Was my E-mail replied to which had a breakdown of what other people [ Edugeek members ] thought of your product - again the answer was NO. Nothing was done, not a sausage, bugger all to put it blankly.
    I genuinely apologise for the lapse. That's not how it's meant to work. Can you PM me (or post if you prefer) the email? I would really like to see a copy.

Then you wonder why I constantly belittle Sophos ? I think I have explained my reasons why.
    It's my job to give you no reason to complain. Issues can occur with any piece of software. It's the nature of the beast that software designed to intercept every single file request on a computer can cause issues. However it's how these issues are dealt with that matters. You test the product; notice a problem; call support; provide as much information as we need to re-create and understand the issue; we tell you how to either (a) fix the issue or (b) workaround it for now and fold into our roadmap the permanent fix in a later release.

I hope you managed to get Graham Clueless with a few snowballs !!
    No. I was working too hard

P.S. If the legal department is reading this then: Any views or opinions presented here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The company will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and the employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising.

Thank Post
    I would have to say my HTC Diamond, I have to restart it every time it gets a couple of tasks it must perform simultaneously. As for public transportation, here in Miami, there practically isn't any. I have had to take my, radiator broken/ overheating/ running with the heater on at 90 degree weather, than to attempt to take the bus.

Thank Post
    Has anyone mentioned USB printers yet?

mattx, get yourself down to Oxfordshire this Thursday for the Sophos open day. There might still be spaces, plus there might be a little bit of snow left for you to fire off your own snowball at the Clueymeister.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayatollah Pies View Post
    mattx, get yourself down to Oxfordshire this Thursday for the Sophos open day. There might still be spaces, plus there might be a little bit of snow left for you to fire off your own snowball at the Clueymeister.
    An excellent suggestion!! I would love mattx to come - actually anyone who can make it should!

Sophos: Events in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast