+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Job Evaluation - Any one had it ? in General; Hi not sure if this the right section ask this but anyway. Has anyone been through job evaluation ? This ...

Thank Post

Job Evaluation - Any one had it ?

Hi not sure if this the right section ask this but anyway.

Has anyone been through job evaluation ? This is a government/union backed plan to sort out pay based on responsibility.

Has anyone got more money out of it ?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Job Evaluation - Any one had it ?

Timescale for ours is completion next March. I'm cynical, but the idea is to level the playing field among neighbouring at least, and national at best, rates of pay. In our county there's an £8K wage difference between ppl in the same job [school IT Tech], although the size of the establishments varies and responsibilities - well I don't know.
    Are you having your job evaluated? - If so that's a good sign anyway, that your LA are going about it properly.

Thank Post

Well we are about to be one of the trial schools for it so we will see. It's going to be interesting as I have fought for SO1 but there is a school in the next LA that just advertised a network managers job at PO2 !

Thank Post

I'm still waiting for our Job re-Evaluation to be completed to, my job as Senior Technician wasn't in the orignal list of Job Descriptions, so I had to write my own job description and submit it to them, which I did sometime back now, still waiting to hear....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

In our county there's an £8K wage difference between ppl in the same job [school IT Tech]
    Provided these techs are employed by the same employer (LEA is the employer or school?), do broadly similar jobs with comparable responsbility and are of opposite sex there may a case for an equal pay claim. Equal pay claims can be backdated 6 yrs. Unison wil have further details.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

we went though it about 3 years ago wages went up for me remeber if wages goes down it is protected for 3 years (approx time but this seems standard) and it means you get old oay for 3 years and gives you chance to get your scale changed or find a a new job.

Russ

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd
    In our county there's an £8K wage difference between ppl in the same job [school IT Tech]
    Provided these techs are employed by the same employer (LEA is the employer or school?), do broadly similar jobs with comparable responsbility and are of opposite sex there may a case for an equal pay claim. Equal pay claims can be backdated 6 yrs. Unison wil have further details.
    Our token female tech [joking ] is actually near the top of the tree, but she teaches as well which makes her underpaid too!

Thank Post

As part of job evaluation, many Local Authorities are/have been offering salary protection to those who have been assessed on a lower grade than they are currently employed on.

It seems that recently there have been a number of legal challenges against LAs offering salary 'protection' and as a consequence some LAs are running scared & are trying to wriggle out of their protection commitments.

What is curious though is nobody has so far challenged teachers salary protection as a result of switching from management points to TLRs....

Makes you wonder.......

Thank Post

We have had our Job Evaluations here in Portsmouth LEA, I went along for the interview with the consultant. I went for the interview due to the fact that out of the other network managers in the area I am the only one along with my technicians who install everything the school needs from CAT5 through to projectors and plasma screens. I felt that it was important that my job description was taken into account with the amount we do. The interview ended with the consultant saying to me that I and my staff represented "extreme value for money and we could get a lot more for the work we do in other parts of the public sector let alone in the private sector" which I found to be positive. We are still waiting for the results to be released in Portsmouth, we just wait in hope

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

i did a trial evaluation so that the lea could sort out their software and assess the results. Turned out that they can't actually alter the questions in the software so the trial was partially so they could write the help better. doh!

it seems to me that although i may be "senior technician" the fact i dont have any responbsibility over people or money means i'll more than likely be graded pretty similar to normal technicians. hmm.

Thank Post

It has been spoken about happening here for the last couple of years but I've not heard of any deadline or any more work from the LA about it.

Thank Post

Hi,

I am school based in Staffordshire. Ask any IT member of staff in this county and you will get a very angry response!!

We were all "shafted" and I men "shafted". Pay drops of 3,4,5,6,7k were recomended during the JE process, almost all IT staff were recommmend for pay cuts. Be very wary !! It has scared the hell out of many in this county.

Fortunately, today (17 Jan 07) the current proposals were rejected by the controlling labour group. We await the next set of proposals. For a flavour what's been going on in Staffordshire please visit:

SaveOurSalary

If you require any further information I will be happy to offer. But the main point is JE could ruin your life if the events in Staffordshire occur in your area

Thank Post

Which school you at jimmckenna? It dropped my wage by £5000 (so todays news is very pleasing). How much would it have dropped you?

Thank Post

Which school you at jimmckenna? It dropped my wage by £5000 (so todays news is very pleasing). How much would it have dropped you?
    Quackers,

Hi, Thomas Alleynes HS, Uttoxeter. Myself and my techies set up the Save Our Salary site the day after the letters were released on the 10 Nov 06 informing us of the proposed pay changes under JE.

I am breathing a sigh of relief as my proposed cut was just under £7000.

I am more confident that in schools with the backing of the headteacher & Governors any new proposals will reflect more in the skills and the role we fulfill in providing support to staff and students!! with the end result of achieving their aims.

Thank Post

Ours is on the way (Hants!). Although I'm told that as a Foundation School, we're not duty bound to follow them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast