+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, CC4...Hows it goin? in General; Just working on the 3year dev plan, and we just thought we best factor in cc4. I wouldn't mind knowing ...
    Thank Post

CC4...Hows it goin?

Just working on the 3year dev plan, and we just thought we best factor in cc4. I wouldn't mind knowing how it is going for you all so i can decide when to plan this for.

cheers in advance!

Thank Post
    Not in a position where I can discuss the details but ... very badly! PM me for more info.

Chris

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    we were meant to get it during summer, it went wrong, they rolled back to CC3, that went wrong, since then we have just been fire fighting problems. We are due to try again in the Feb half term, to be honest im not looking forward to it and feel slightly bad that ive got a new job and hopefully the security clearance will come through in a few weeks meaning i can hand my notice in and therefore only have a few weeks with CC4 leaving my technician with all the problems we'll probably have. hopefully this will not be the case, i hope to leave a working network!!

Thank Post
    Do you have a current RM Support Contract? If so Sign up for RM Communites forum, there is a CC4 section in there which makes.... er.... interesting reading.

Butuz (sticking with a working CC3 network!)

Thank Post
    If by interesting you mean painful you're on the right road.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 748 Posts
    Hi All,
    Have it on good authority that it will be March at the earliest for a re-coded CC4.
    Really feel for you guys that went early seems to be quite a few critical elements that needed re-coding.
    anyone going through the pain if they would like to PM me (if they have the time that is) with the problems they have had, just to give me a clearer picture would really appreciate.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    Hi All,
    Have it on good authority that it will be March at the earliest for a re-coded CC4.
    Really feel for you guys that went early seems to be quite a few critical elements that needed re-coding.
    anyone going through the pain if they would like to PM me (if they have the time that is) with the problems they have had, just to give me a clearer picture would really appreciate.
    same as bossman would love to hear some horror stories

will also be checking rm communities. i did hear that the roll out of cc4 was supposed to be a lot smoother than that of cc3, i guess not. glad my proposal for an early roll out of cc4 was rejected now, what a fool i would have looked!

Thank Post
    We were going to wait a year to implement CC4, have now (only partly due to stories we have heard) are putting it back to the year after.

Thank Post
    Had a test server of CC4, decided against 'upgrading' our CC3.

The list of bug fixes every month and lack of core features confirmed it was the right idea. So much promise, so broken and not very compatable with CC3 (as in network 'upgrade' from).

Thank Post
    We have other high finance projects for this summer, so will likely be doing it in Summer 2010.

I know that the early adopters have been massively burned, and I feel for you all, but I am reckoning that anyone doing installs this summer and beyond will be okay. Let's face it - RM *have* to have a stable and working product by then, or they're properly screwed!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJones View Post
    Let's face it - RM *have* to have a stable and working product by then, or they're properly screwed!
    But are they? With each BSF contract being £multimillion - it makes me wonder exactly how important single schools are to their bottom line.

Butuz

Thank Post
    They still have to put something into those BSF schools. Plus, if they get too much bad press for unstable products and not being able to address this quickly, they won't win the £million BSF contracts.

Also, sunk a huge amount of money into developing CC4, and I doubt they have the resources to abandon it and move on to CC5 as quickly as MS have dropped Vista.

Thank Post
    I would doubt any BSF contracts that RM have won will have CC4 installed in them. They will be the IT contractors with a vanilla network, I would think.

Thank Post
    We had CC4 install in late July and its in a much better state now than what it was. I'd say go for it if you have a small network (100 or less) with relatively new machines 40gb p4 2.8 and 1gb of ram minimum. If you dont full into this bracket steer well clear for the moment. SR1 is due in late march which should bring some improvements but will still have some way to go.
    I think you have to look at what you will again over going CC4, vista pre sp1 is slow and buggy, the application deployment is problematic which machines not recieving assignments 100% of the time and . RM tutor 4 is useless for staff until the location control is released and the rm recyle bin currently doesnt work and is awaiting a fix.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    I would doubt any BSF contracts that RM have won will have CC4 installed in them. They will be the IT contractors with a vanilla network, I would think.
    Some are cc4 some are not rm like all bidders quote on what LA ask for.

So some say vanilla, some say middleware and some say nothing at all and upto the bidder.

Russ

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast