+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
General Chat Thread, Makes you proud to be British....... in General; Volunteer work, if I remember correctly, does not harm your status as regards receiving the dole. Not only that but ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Volunteer work, if I remember correctly, does not harm your status as regards receiving the dole. Not only that but working often means your living expenses are lower. You do not need to heat the house during the day for one thing, people tend to smoke less while they're working as they have to take smoking breaks rather than lighting up, and there are other benefits.

Also, again if I remember correctly, there's a certain number of hours of paid work per week which won't affect your status.

I could be completely wrong on this, as its been a long time since I looked into it.

Thank Post
    The guy in question has three words to describe his situation, "Gutted. Depressed. Bored"

Well here's my four. "Get. Off. Your. @rse.",
    or maybe even "Sort. Your. Life. Out"

I grew up in not too great an area - in the middle of a council estate, but I got out there - worked, scraped and got what I could, trying to get myself into apprenticeships and the like as they would allow me to get qualified while being paid. True - the wage wasn't great but it got me by.

True, part of the problem is the system. I'm not saying the dole should be abolished as it should be used a some kind of 'safety net', to tide someone over if they are made redundant of something else befalls them - but it shouldn't be used soley to live on. You want your expensive phones, fags and bling? Work for 'em!

Sorry if this comes across as a bit harsh but the whole "I can't be @rsed to work / Want everything given to me on a silver platter / The system should give me everything" attitude really annoys me.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567