+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
General Chat Thread, paul mckenna in General; I can make you thin!. Watched the TV program, Obeyed the four simple rules, and for the first time in ...
  1. #1
    ICT_GUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Weymouth
    Posts
    2,261
    Thank Post
    646
    Thanked 283 Times in 204 Posts
    Rep Power
    104

    paul mckenna

    I can make you thin!.

    Watched the TV program, Obeyed the four simple rules, and for the first time in 10 years I feel really good.

    Plus, the weight is falling off. My jeans are no longer tight. I can eat what ever I like, and I am never hungry. In fact one of the golden rules is that if you are hungry you must eat. It has been a real revelation. My wife cant believe the change. Even people at work are noticing. This all in two weeks.

    The rules are simply.

    1. When You Are Hungry, Eat

    2. Eat What You Want, Not What You Think You Should

    3. Eat Consciously And Enjoy Every Mouthful

    4. When You Think You Are Full, Stop Eating

    There's a little more to it, in particular how to eat consciously, which has had the biggest impact on me. But it is little more than eating slowly, and concentrating on what you are eating but also listening to you body and most importantly giving it time to tell you to stop when full.

    Also, there is a lot about why you should throw away any foods you only eat to loose weight. The book and the show explain it all much better than I.

    So if you want / need to loose weight check it out. Its working for me and I can say hand on heart, its not a diet, its not hard, and I am not starving myself and I am not hungry. In fact I feel better than I have ever done around food.

    w00t.

  2. #2

    tech_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Posts
    8,135
    Thank Post
    1,908
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    395
    I am still allowed to drink excessive amounts of JD?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    36
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    Wow, does it actually work? I watched it on TV, but didn't think it would work. Might give it a bash.

  4. #4
    ninjabeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    1,087
    Thank Post
    182
    Thanked 100 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    46
    My mate did it and enjoyed it. It worked for a bit, but as always these things are down to will power.

    He's just joined WeightWatchers with me which I find easier to do.

    Atkins was too much hassle and the Cambridge Diet is too expensive for me, but I have seen the amazing results from that.

    I weigh in tonight so interesting to see what the first week has done for me.

    But stick to it ICT_GUY it's awsome that you are enjoying it and feeling loads better for it. Good man.

    I did WW with my better half last year when she started. She looks amazing now and lost 2 1/2 st, I lost 1 1/2 but during my job change I turned to food again and put it all back on, but that weight loss made me feel much healthier, fuller of energy and ready to go in the mornings and I'm looking forwards to feeling that way again.

  5. #5
    ICT_GUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Weymouth
    Posts
    2,261
    Thank Post
    646
    Thanked 283 Times in 204 Posts
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    I am still allowed to drink excessive amounts of JD?
    Actually yes.

  6. #6
    ICT_GUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Weymouth
    Posts
    2,261
    Thank Post
    646
    Thanked 283 Times in 204 Posts
    Rep Power
    104
    There is no will power, you eat what you want when you want. The only thing you have to do is enjoy your food. Take your time eating. The stopping eating comes as a by product of taking your time and not being distracted.

    So far the only thing I have to remember to do is eat consciously, which in turn means I enjoy my food more. There is no down side. As far as I can see the only time it wont work is if you don't follow the rules. The rules being a hell of a lot easier than depriving yourself of foods you like or eating "diet" food that tastes like crap.

    But given, the proof will be in if I can undo a decades bad habits.

    What is interesting is that you say that because of external factors you ate more. This is the difference with this system, if you take your time to enjoy what you are eating you find that you just don't want to eat as much. I always felt so guilty about eating that I would shovel it down my neck as fast as I could, and then ate so much that I fell ill and bloated. I have not had that feeling since I started taking my time eating and chewing my food properly.
    Last edited by ICT_GUY; 14th January 2009 at 10:10 AM.

  7. #7
    ICT_GUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Weymouth
    Posts
    2,261
    Thank Post
    646
    Thanked 283 Times in 204 Posts
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnix View Post
    This actually makes a lot of sense.

    Most dieters fail because they deprive themselves then pig-out. This pigging-out causes a yo-yo effect and the diet is doomed.
    This has been the story of my life. The thing is that by eating when hungry, your body does not go into starvation mode and so you continue to burn calories at a normal level. It is so obvious that you wonder why we are told otherwise.

  8. #8

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,512
    Thank Post
    1,320
    Thanked 469 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    199
    Right enough I could do with shedding a stone or 2 ;p

    After reading Allen Carr's book about stopping smoking, and it working for me, I bought his book about weight loss. Unfortunately it wasn't as effective. But it talked about the exact same things.

    I just cant leave a non-empty plate. I have to finish everything on it even if its making me sick.

    Ive seen this program advertised, so will give it a go...

  9. #9
    ICT_GUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Weymouth
    Posts
    2,261
    Thank Post
    646
    Thanked 283 Times in 204 Posts
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    Right enough I could do with shedding a stone or 2 ;p

    After reading Allen Carr's book about stopping smoking, and it working for me, I bought his book about weight loss. Unfortunately it wasn't as effective. But it talked about the exact same things.

    I just cant leave a non-empty plate. I have to finish everything on it even if its making me sick.

    Ive seen this program advertised, so will give it a go...
    I have been leaving food on my plate for the first time ever. The only reason that I have for this is simply taking my time eating. As he says, if you are worried that you will be hungry later, don't. Because when you are hungry you can eat.

    Also, I have been drinking lots of water, not because as my sister in law told me "it fills you up". Quite the opposite, when dehydrated your body thinks you are hungry. Drink water = proper hydration = only hungry when you need to eat. Its so simple it makes me sick.
    Last edited by ICT_GUY; 14th January 2009 at 10:23 AM.

  10. #10
    AyatollahPies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    900
    Thank Post
    48
    Thanked 105 Times in 95 Posts
    Rep Power
    42
    What's wrong with a balanced diet and regular exercise?

  11. #11

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,658
    Thank Post
    858
    Thanked 646 Times in 429 Posts
    Rep Power
    498
    We watched the 1st one last week, went to watch 2nd one this week - only to find that "Most Bored Live" had resulted in it being cancelled along with CSI on Friday

  12. #12

    MK-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,237
    Thank Post
    149
    Thanked 581 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post

    After reading Allen Carr's book about stopping smoking, and it working for me, I bought his book about weight loss.
    This man helped you stop smoking and lose weight??


  13. #13
    ninjabeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    1,087
    Thank Post
    182
    Thanked 100 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnix View Post
    This actually makes a lot of sense.

    Most dieters fail because they deprive themselves then pig-out. This pigging-out causes a yo-yo effect and the diet is doomed.
    That's why I like the WW model. You can still eat what you want but it has to fall in your points allowance. You track what you eat and can even carry points over for the week and have a pizza, chinese or whatever for the weekend. Any exercise you do earns you points as well.

    My main reason for doing it apart from losing weight is because I have the support of my wife and best mate there.

    I guess in the end it all stems on what diet you feel comfortable with.

    The Paul McKenna book is a good read and cheap enough to buy on amazon / play etc. as well.

    The Allen Carr book I've not read, but he cracks me up on his live stuff.
    Last edited by ninjabeaver; 14th January 2009 at 10:30 AM.

  14. #14

    Little-Miss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,514
    Thank Post
    2,374
    Thanked 742 Times in 455 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    541
    That's quite interesting.

    My friend is currently reading the book at the moment and i have got hold of his CD..

    It is all about moderation. No good depriving yourself of something cus you are more likely to fail.

    I'm currently on a "diet", not depriving myself of anything, but just saying to myself do i really need to eat that...

    I think its all about portion control too..

    My weakness is fizzy pop, i could drink it all day...drinking the diet equivelents at the mo...

    Only started Monday but feeling a bit better already..

  15. #15

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,658
    Thank Post
    858
    Thanked 646 Times in 429 Posts
    Rep Power
    498

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Job at St Paul's School, London
    By mikehawkes in forum Educational IT Jobs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19th September 2005, 09:02 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •