+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
General Chat Thread, paul mckenna in General; Originally Posted by ninjabeaver So basically what you are saying is that you must want to re-program your brain / ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabeaver View Post
    So basically what you are saying is that you must want to re-program your brain / mental attitude to change your eating habits and thus in the long term lose the weight and keep the weight off?

That's bascially what WW does. It teaches you to make small but good changed to your diet. The WW membership even becomes free when you reach your goal weight as they want you to stay healthy.
    Last time i new WW made you control and keep track of what your eating instead of listening to your body's hunger signals. Do you no longer have to use point counting? or eat those vile diet/low fat options?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No, you can still point count, but they also have another type without the counting, free foods and stuff. They concentrate a lot on "training" you now as well.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    one of my ex's was so anti-tap water she'd would only drink distilled water. she bought a somewhat expensive machine that made it overnight. she was also a raw vegan for a while. despite the craziness of such a thing, to me she seem hugely more of sound body and mind than she was before that and this is someone that had a lot of problems including some mental health ones. even the dentist said her teeth were unusually better than previously. Unfortunately the amount of willpower needed for such an endevour is astronomical and she couldnt keep it up.

even though raw vegan is too extreme for me, it still highlights the fact anything processed is unlikely to be much "good" for you.

I used to have a m8 in pharmaceuticals, he never drank coke or pepsi on the grounds he knew what the "stuff" in it was, in a kind of, you'd have to be mad to drink that stuff, way

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Not quite,
    No matter how much I might want something, if I don't have the knowledge to make what I want happen then it will be impossible for me to do so.
    not knowing, these days, is a whole lot less of an excuse than it used to be....I mean look it up on the net, maybe you have to look up some other things first/aswell, then buy a book about it on amazon!

I probably need to eat slower, same thing just shovel it in dont know when Im full. I tend to eat good 4 u stuff so the impact of such actions is probably less than it might otherwise be.

but the answers arent always what you do but how you do them.

sometimes the simplest things have the greatest impact. like putting cigarettes out of reach, the need to have one is outweighed by the need not be distracted (having to go and get one) from whatever else you might be doing at the time. I call this "leverage".

sometimes its hard to figure out whats really the root because you're distracted by other things at the same time. like watching tv whilst eating, its easy to fall into a trance with the TV and not be paying attention to the feelings occuring in ones own body.
    Last edited by browolf; 14th January 2009 at 03:00 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    Last time i new WW made you control and keep track of what your eating instead of listening to your body's hunger signals. Do you no longer have to use point counting? or eat those vile diet/low fat options?
    Yeah, it's still a points based system, but they also ask you to track your hunger and have a great range of snack items. There's also a shed full of 0 point foods like tomatos and some soups.

@LittleMiss - They shelved the core plan as no one seemed to be taking it up and are now pushing the Filling Foods line.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ah yes, you're quite right. They were just bringing that in when i left and decided to do it myself...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by browolf View Post
    not knowing, these days, is a whole lot less of an excuse than it used to be....I mean look it up on the net, maybe you have to look up some other things first/aswell, then buy a book about it on amazon!
    Yep. But then id extend that; who in their right mind cant put "too many burgers + too little exercise = Fat B" together?

Howay there isnt much to know about eating healthy. It all boils down to the simple statement of "anything in moderation"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnix View Post
    Well, I had to have my emergency pot noodle (Morrisons I-can't-believe-it's-not-a-pot-noodle clone)

I looked at a calorie calculator and my commute on my bike costs me about 600 calories a day. Lunch didn't cover much more than 500 calories so that makes sense.

If only I can break the habit of eating like a gannet....
    The technique he recommends is to make sure to put your knife / fork / spoon / spork down between mouthfuls and to chew your food properly, aim to get around twenty chews per mouthful. whilst chewing you are to concentrate on the taste (something quite horrific to do with a pot noodle I guess).

I have already found that apples taste much better than crisps when eaten this way. Something I never would have believed before.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    The technique he recommends is to make sure to put your knife / fork / spoon / spork down between mouthfuls and to chew your food properly, aim to get around twenty chews per mouthful. whilst chewing you are to concentrate on the taste (something quite horrific to do with a pot noodle I guess).

I have already found that apples taste much better than crisps when eaten this way. Something I never would have believed before.
    Texas BBQ pringles > apple

Thank Post

Smile

One good sure way of loosing weight and keeping it off is HYPNOSIS.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    lol, is that through experience or do you do it?

You username gives me a clue that you're kinda into it!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234