+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, paul mckenna in General; Originally Posted by ICT_GUY Funny thing is I love water. But when I was drinking Pop I would just not ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    Funny thing is I love water. But when I was drinking Pop I would just not drink water at all. Even though it tasted pretty bad, I would just drink pop and nothing else.

I'm on my third pint of water today. Stranger still, I have only been to the loo once, not the 3 - 4 times I would have done if I had been drinking pop.
    Well, ive just realised i havent drank anything today, so i've been over the road and bought a bottle of water.....its ice cold so its a bit better. I know it sounds stupid, but i am determined to finish it today. It's only 500ml, but thats a big thing for me...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    Little-Miss: have you tried a water filter?
    Like one of those jugs? Does that help? I cant stand tap water...

Thank Post
    yes it helps. tastes a lot more like bottled water

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    yes it helps. tastes a lot more like bottled water
    Makes cheap vodka taste like expensive vodka too!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Makes cheap vodka taste like expensive vodka too!
    Think i saw that on TV at some point....might have been Mythbusters...

Thank Post
    Really? You cant learn something you didn't know from a book?
    I didnt say you cant learn anything from a book

My point is; did you want to lose weight? I bet you did, therefore you lost it. If you didnt want to lose weight and it was just the wife telling you to, there is no book in the world which would make you lose it.

My honest opinion is that based on the fact that the vast majority of people on diets/members of weight watchers/etc still remain on a diet/member of weight watchers/etc many years down the line is that its 100% down to you. Taking a defeatist attitude of "i comfort eat, but then i get fatter so i eat some more" is irrelivent and really boils down to the fact they cant really want to lose weight that much. They may say they want to but if they did, they would.

Also, when does a "diet" become your normal eating habits? Because as soon as people stop their "diet" and go back to their old eating habbits the weight piles back on. Therefore i submit that in fact (aprt from losing a few pounds temporalery for a holday etc) that their isnt such thing as a "diet", just a change to your normal eating habits. (If you get what i mean lol)
    Last edited by j17sparky; 14th January 2009 at 12:00 PM.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,341 Times in 740 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Anybody else think that Alan Carr is an irritating little twerp?

Thank Post
    My thing was High Juice orange squash, used to drink 1-2 litres of the stuff diluted every day. Changed to just water with the occaisional juice and it's made a big difference.

As for water filters/bottled water, all a complete con and waste of money. Just fill a bottle with water the night before and stick it in the fridge overnight and it will taste fine.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The town I work in has such awful tasting water - so metallic - that if I drink too much of it I feel ill. No amount of filtering makes it taste better. It's vile.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeah Brum has Welsh water. My bf says its the best! lol My friends water in Frome/Bath is awful!

Again i think the tap water thing is in my head...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post

My point is; did you want to lose weight? I bet you did, therefore you lost it. If you didnt want to lose weight and it was just the wife telling you to, there is no book in the world which would make you lose it.

My honest opinion is that based on the fact that the vast majority of people on diets/members of weight watchers/etc still remain on a diet/member of weight watchers/etc many years down the line is that its 100% down to you. Taking a defeatist attitude of "i comfort eat, but then i get fatter so i eat some more" is irrelivent and really boils down to the fact they cant really want to lose weight that much. They may say they want to but if they did, they would.

Also, when does a "diet" become your normal eating habits? Because as soon as people stop their "diet" and go back to their old eating habbits the weight piles back on. Therefore i submit that in fact (aprt from losing a few pounds temporalery for a holday etc) that their isnt such thing as a "diet", just a change to your normal eating habits. (If you get what i mean lol)
    So basically what you are saying is that you must want to re-program your brain / mental attitude to change your eating habits and thus in the long term lose the weight and keep the weight off?

That's bascially what WW does. It teaches you to make small but good changed to your diet. The WW membership even becomes free when you reach your goal weight as they want you to stay healthy.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The water may come from Wales and taste great but it's what the muppets at the water company do to it when it reaches the pumping stations. The stuff they add to it and alll that.

Thank Post

The majority of over weight people want to loose weight, for health and vanity reasons. I am over weight because I don't stop eating when I have had enough. The reason for this is that I have been eating very quickly and automatically. Also there has been a lot of guilt attached to food.

Two weeks later and the only real change (apart form pop) is the speed at which I eat. That and asking myself "Am I hungry?" If i am then I eat something, slowly whilst concentrating on the act of eating. I don't shovel food into my mouth without thinking.

That is not a diet and yet I am loosing weight. I would guess at least 6lbs so far. This would be considered a crash diet, at least if I was starving myself which I am not.

The other thing you are not allowed to do is weigh yourself, if you must only at 2 week intervals. Simply because our weight can fluctuate by 5 - 6 lbs on a daily basis and if you get obsessed by your weight then putting on a couple of pounds will adversely affect the kind of day you have. Beating your self up for not having enough will power, starving yourself or binging on food because of any number of negative emotions.
    Last edited by ICT_GUY; 14th January 2009 at 12:41 PM.

Thank Post
    The majority of over weight people want to loose weight, for health and vanity reasons.
    The majority of smoker "want" to pack in but they dont. What it actually boils down to is they know they should but they dont actually want to.
    I "want" to emmigrate to canada but it isnt going to happen, because i dont really want to.

I guess a good way of explaining it is theres the "want" to achieve the end goal, and theres the "want" to do something about it. Everyone has goals, losing weight, packing in smoking, getting to the top of the ladder, they are all the same. Its all about the "want" to do what is nessesery to achieve these goals that matters, not the actual goal itself.

Thank Post
    The majority of smoker "want" to pack in but they dont. What it actually boils down to is they know they should but they dont actually want to.
    I "want" to emmigrate to canada but it isnt going to happen, because i dont really want to.

I guess a good way of explaining it is theres the "want" to achieve the end goal, and theres the "want" to do something about it. Everyone has goals, losing weight, packing in smoking, getting to the top of the ladder, they are all the same. Its all about the "want" to do what is nessesery to achieve these goals that matters, not the actual goal itself.
    Not quite,
    No matter how much I might want something, if I don't have the knowledge to make what I want happen then it will be impossible for me to do so.

The whole idea that you are fat because you don't want to be thin bad enough is just the sort of ignorant beliefs that make overweight people feel ever more depressed about themselves and just re-enforces the negative stereo types held by themselves and others. You are fat because you are lazy and greedy.

I hate being over weight, it negatively impacts every aspect of my life. There is nothing at all I want more than to be a healthy weight. I have felt completely helpless for most of my life, as every time I have dieted I have hit a brick wall and piled on even more weight. It has never been about "want" it has been about not having the control over what I was eating and why.

I can not emphasise enough the impact of just taking my time over eating my food has had on me. As an example. the other night I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling quite alarmed because I thought my stomach was missing. I was so used to feeling bloated and stuffed at night time that it actually shocked me to feel otherwise. All without counting a single calorie.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast