+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, paul mckenna in General; Originally Posted by Ayatollah Pies What's wrong with a balanced diet and regular exercise? That's what this is. Since following ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayatollah Pies View Post
    What's wrong with a balanced diet and regular exercise?
    That's what this is. Since following the rules I have been eating far better than ever before. Simply because the bulky foods like chips don't taste that nice when you eat them slowly. This is because they are pretty bland. One of things to come out of the plan is that when you start listening to what your body wants it will pretty much ask for foods that it needs.

Thank Post
    The best diet in the world; do something other than sit in yoru fat ass, and dont eat so f'in much.

Easy really, you dont need a book to tell you that

The only way you are going to lose weight/stop smoking/etc is if you actually want to do it. No book in the world can make you do something you dont want to do. IMHO beyond having a "healthy balenced diet", it is all down to you, no diet can magically make you thin and stay thin.
    Last edited by j17sparky; 14th January 2009 at 11:38 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    This man helped you stop smoking and lose weight??

He died of lung cancer recently. Ironic a bit.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    That's quite interesting.

My friend is currently reading the book at the moment and i have got hold of his CD..

It is all about moderation. No good depriving yourself of something cus you are more likely to fail.

I'm currently on a "diet", not depriving myself of anything, but just saying to myself do i really need to eat that...

I think its all about portion control too..

My weakness is fizzy pop, i could drink it all day...drinking the diet equivelents at the mo...

Only started Monday but feeling a bit better already..
    I have been constantly drinking 2 litres of pepsi max pretty much every day for 10 years. I have now quit that, I followed the techniques in the book and found it the easiest thing to give up ever.

My teeth now don't hurt and are whiter than they have been for years.

(also what rings true in my ears at the moment is something said to me a while back "only fat people drink diet pop". The artificial sweetener is pop has also been linked to weight gain. It affects the way the brain works quite dramatically.
    Last edited by ICT_GUY; 14th January 2009 at 11:49 AM.

Thank Post
    I did this , this time last year, and i lost just over 3 stone. For some reason, and i do not know why my "mind programming" flipped back to its old way of thinking, and it made me put just over a stone back on. But i've flicked my programming back, and its working again. I suppose i've been use to my old programming for most of my life, to stick to the new one naturally ain't just gonna happen in a few months.

Follow the rules, it works. I'm with Paul, Diets and a way to get fat. I would never dream of trying to follow a diet , i have in the past, and i cannot believe how silly it is to do one now.

Paul's system is basically, eat less, be more active. But you eat less without knowing, eat what you want, because naturally thin people eat chips, cake, choclolate yes? Stop listening to the diet industry, they just want your money.

6. Thanks to Quackers from:

ICT_GUY (14th January 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    I have been constantly drinking 2 litres of pepsi max pretty much every day for 10 years. I have now quit that, I followed the techniques in the book and found it the easiest thing to give up ever.

My teeth now don't hurt and are whiter than they have been for years.

(also what rings true in my ears at the moment is something said to me a while back "only fat people drink diet pop". The artificial sweetener is pop has also been linked to weight gain. It affects the way the brain quite dramatically.

Lots of research done into it:

- Coca Cola done a report into the safety of aspartame in the 80's and concluded that it was unsafe to put into their drinks as their was too many questions as to its safety. 10 years later they started included it in Diet Coke which coincidentally coincided with the sales of Diet Coke doubling.

- Aspartame/Nutrasweet doesn't actually make food or drink taste sweeter. It tricks your brain into thinking that you are eating/drinking something sweet. So if you're drinking a can of coke and eating food the food will taste sweeter.

- The ingredients in aspartame are aspartic acid, phenylalanine, and methyl
    alcohol. Methyl alcohol is a chemical that breaks down in high
    temperatures and turns into formaldehyde. Gulf War Syndrome has been linked with soldiers guzzling litres of diet coke in the baking heat during the Iraq War.

- You don't lose weight if drinking Diet Coke because aspartame suppresses seratonin and makes us crave carbohydrates.

- Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 40% Aspartic Acid is an "excitotoxin" in the brain and excites neurons to death, i.e. it kills brain cells and causes other nerve damage.

Here's some links to some websites I found.....

http://joi.ito.com/archives/2002/10/...d_for_you.html

http://presidiotex.com/personal_stor...ak_addict.html

DIET COKE AND ASPARTAME

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...arch&plindex=0

Any partial benefits of the healthy stuff in there are far outweighed by the addition of the neuro-toxic compound aspartame. Oh, and it also contains Acesulfame K:

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berocca]Berocca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

which has also been thought to cause cancer:

http://www.cspinet.org/reports/asekquot.html

Aspartame - Most dangerous of all artificial sweeteners!

Some interesting reading there if you can be bothered.

8. Thanks to RabbieBurns from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    The best diet in the world; do something other than sit in yoru fat ass, and dont eat so f'in much.

Easy really, you dont need a book to tell you that

The only way you are going to lose weight/stop smoking/etc is if you actually want to do it. No book in the world can make you do something you dont want to do. IMHO beyond having a "healthy balenced diet", it is all down to you, no diet can magically make you thin and stay thin.
    Really? You cant learn something you didn't know from a book?

The mechanism for weight gain and loss is subject to so much misinformation its no wonder that people like me gain weight and feel so utterly bad about it.

I felt so guilty about eating, because I was over weight, that when I would eat I would eat fast and feel guilty. The exact opposite to the way you should eat.

Most peoples attitudes are very negative. Which means they carry an enormous amount of guilt about food. They then eat more comfort themselves and then feel more guilty. So it goes round and round.

This technique is nothing more than trying to break negative eating habits by getting people to eat slower, enjoy their food and learn to stop when they are no longer hungry. The fact that it takes your body around 20 minutes to feel full no matter how fast or how much you eat is a fairly big deal.

Thank Post
    I found the tapping exercise worked well for me with cravings.

But you do need to back this up with execise. Get the heart pumping for at least 30 mins a day.

I still eat too fast though.

Simpsons Quote:

Frank Grimes: God. He eats like a pig.
    Lenny: I dunno. Pigs tend to chew. I'd say he eats more like a duck.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    Lots of research done into it:

- Coca Cola done a report into the safety of aspartame in the 80's and concluded that it was unsafe to put into their drinks as their was too many questions as to its safety. 10 years later they started included it in Diet Coke which coincidentally coincided with the sales of Diet Coke doubling.

- Aspartame/Nutrasweet doesn't actually make food or drink taste sweeter. It tricks your brain into thinking that you are eating/drinking something sweet. So if you're drinking a can of coke and eating food the food will taste sweeter.

- The ingredients in aspartame are aspartic acid, phenylalanine, and methyl
    alcohol. Methyl alcohol is a chemical that breaks down in high
    temperatures and turns into formaldehyde. Gulf War Syndrome has been linked with soldiers guzzling litres of diet coke in the baking heat during the Iraq War.

- You don't lose weight if drinking Diet Coke because aspartame suppresses seratonin and makes us crave carbohydrates.

- Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 40% Aspartic Acid is an "excitotoxin" in the brain and excites neurons to death, i.e. it kills brain cells and causes other nerve damage.

Here's some links to some websites I found.....

http://joi.ito.com/archives/2002/10/...d_for_you.html

http://presidiotex.com/personal_stor...ak_addict.html

DIET COKE AND ASPARTAME

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...arch&plindex=0

Any partial benefits of the healthy stuff in there are far outweighed by the addition of the neuro-toxic compound aspartame. Oh, and it also contains Acesulfame K:

Berocca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which has also been thought to cause cancer:

http://www.cspinet.org/reports/asekquot.html

Aspartame - Most dangerous of all artificial sweeteners!

Some interesting reading there if you can be bothered.

Its annoying because that new Healthy eating/living site the goverment has launched is telling kids to swap sugar for sugar free alternatives which will have this nasty chemical in.

I've been off the stuff for over a year now after reading up on this lethal additive. Its been banned in some countrys like Hawaii. in 2005 this goverment came close to removing all 4000 products in our shops with this in.

Its funny cause the people who know drink lots of diet or suger free products with this in have massive mood swings, hmm, what does this stuff do, have massive effects on your brain....., depression being one of them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    Its annoying because that new Healthy eating/living site the goverment has launched is telling kids to swap sugar for sugar free alternatives which will have this nasty chemical in.

I've been off the stuff for over a year now after reading up on this lethal additive. Its been banned in some countrys like Hawaii. in 2005 this goverment came close to removing all 4000 products in our shops with this in.

Its funny cause the people who know drink lots of diet or suger free products with this in have massive mood swings, hmm, what does this stuff do, have massive effects on your brain....., depression being one of them.
    I agree, and its so damn addictive. They put it into everything which pretty bad since if you cook it, it breaks down into some really nasty stuff.

Then again, that wonder sweetener is worth billions each year. They spend a lot of money in making the public believe that they will loose weight by using something that will help them gain weight. As with anything, ask yourself where's the money at?

On a related note, I have found myself not putting sugar on my breakfast now. Going from a heaped desert spoon to nowt in two weeks, but here's the kicker, It tastes just as sweet. Go figure.

Oh and I'm better off by £50 plus a month.! w00t!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I dont drink it that often cus it actually tastes like *h*t. It's more of a craving thing.

I obviously need to train my brain that i dont need the stuff!....

Unfortunately im a bit of a wierdo and find it hard to drink water on its own, quite honestly i dont drink enough...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    I agree, and its so damn addictive. They put it into everything which pretty bad since if you cook it, it breaks down into some really nasty stuff.

Then again, that wonder sweetener is worth billions each year. They spend a lot of money in making the public believe that they will loose weight by using something that will help them gain weight. As with anything, ask yourself where's the money at?

On a related note, I have found myself not putting sugar on my breakfast now. Going from a heaped desert spoon to nowt in two weeks, but here's the kicker, It tastes just as sweet. Go figure.

Oh and I'm better off by £50 plus a month.! w00t!
    The sweet taste returning is you taste buds and palate returning. IT's great init. The only thing I need to stop now is cooking with salt.

I'm just looking at my drink here. It's still water with a apple flavour in it. Got all those sweeteners in it as well. It's everywhere.

15. Thanks to ninjabeaver from:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    yeah will give that a go...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    I dont drink it that often cus it actually tastes like *h*t. It's more of a craving thing.

I obviously need to train my brain that i dont need the stuff!....

Unfortunately im a bit of a wierdo and find it hard to drink water on its own, quite honestly i dont drink enough...
    Funny thing is I love water. But when I was drinking Pop I would just not drink water at all. Even though it tasted pretty bad, I would just drink pop and nothing else.

I'm on my third pint of water today. Stranger still, I have only been to the loo once, not the 3 - 4 times I would have done if I had been drinking pop.

Thank Post
    Little-Miss: have you tried a water filter?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast