+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, linkedin in General; Do people use linkedin signed up ages go and forgot about it anyway recently someone requested contact through it and ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

linkedin

Do people use linkedin signed up ages go and forgot about it anyway recently someone requested contact through it and started to use it bit more.

So do people use linkedin or a similar service and if so what service..

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: linkedin

only one then....

Russ

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Never heard of it/them. :? 8O

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

odd http://www.linkedin.com/

basically idea it one original social networks based on idea of six degrees http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation that everybody is connected to everybody else through 6 contacts.

So i know for example that there is one person in my network who knows someone at symantec say i might get them to introduce me so we could work together.

Again might know someone in my list or who knows someone who knows bill gates (i don’t but get idea) and again might ask for introduction to bill gates and this would go through the people until it got to bill gates.

But most social networks limit degree of separation to 3 as above that you asking so and so to introduce to so and so to so and so and on like that...

Lot of people joined Linked in lat 90’s early 00’s  and then forgot about there account as said only someone invited me as contact I remembered about it and now as know more people as when working longer been adding people just wonder if people use similar service if so what?

Thank Post

Like using MSN messenger but with only 6 contacts?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

no as msn is contact software and allows you to see your contacts only but linkedin allows you to see contacts of contacts (well there job title and details dont see name unless you search for someone name and it is on the system)

idea is it used to find contacts so for example you see a job going at called MR a company that sells pcs’ to education market in there make tests work department.

What you could do is go and put MR in lnikedin search and what you find is Jimbo at some government org who is one of your contacts has Head of MR’s make tests work department as one of there contacts so then you ask Jimbo to introduce you to that person.

Then that means you can say I am thinking of applying for job what does it involve and then when you apply you are in good stead as head of department already knows your name etc etc

Does that make sense

Russ

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread