+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
General Chat Thread, I need a load of memory sticks in General; I have got a few prices regarding the Integral crypto drive from a local company called ComCen (in leeds). 2GB ...
    Thank Post
    I have got a few prices regarding the Integral crypto drive from a local company called ComCen (in leeds).

2GB = 15.15
    4Gb = 19.95
    8Gb = 27.55

Tim

Thank Post
    I've got a 4GB on order to test it out

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    At one school I worked in we used these guys to get a batch of sticks for each new year, all nicely branded and fairly well priced.
    Seconded for these guys, we've had around 500 so far, we sell them to students VAT free.

Just had 4 gig at £5.75 branded with colour logo and same at 8gig for £10.95

Steve

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    yeah i liked the look of that company too MGSTech. But unfortunately it now looks as if my budget has to be spent elsewhere....
    If not i think my line manager quite liked the idea of them..

Thank Post

Encrypted and Unencrypted - and Becta

Hi

We had a look at the Integal drives a few weeks back - looking for good stuff at a good price we could recommend to schools - with the BECTA advice coming through.

The ones we evaluated were software encryption and required the user to have admin rights - which we thought would be inconvenient at the very least in most schools. We've since spoken to the Integal folks to check and they told us the software hasn't changed - so do take a look at a sample before you grab a pile I suggest (but if we're misinformed and they DO employ hardware encryption please let me know?)

Talking of which there was a good short article in the EduGeek Educate IT 2009.pdf that came out of BETT just recently on page 24 by Tony Sheppard (and find the url just now - will dig it out later) about what Becta are saying about encrypting flashdrives (amongst other things).

We are giving a lot of thought to how best to support schools by building in low cost encryption (good open source stuff) and making it easy to both use and enforce - as well as providing for 'Impact Level Labelling' and Compliance reports.

Since Becta clearly approve of TrueCrypt (as we do) were looking to see what we can do to offer support and perhaps help packages for the less well endowed (with tech skills I mean ;-))

Would be very interested if anyone has any thoughts - or a wish-list?

My point (at last) being that you might want to give some though about this and whether to hold off from buying too many of the unencrypted stuff as it could be that you end up replacing them in a few months time? Or retrofitting them with TrueCrypt or similar?

Just a thought.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by takeware View Post
    Hi

We had a look at the Integal drives a few weeks back - looking for good stuff at a good price we could recommend to schools - with the BECTA advice coming through.

The ones we evaluated were software encryption and required the user to have admin rights - which we thought would be inconvenient at the very least in most schools. We've since spoken to the Integal folks to check and they told us the software hasn't changed - so do take a look at a sample before you grab a pile I suggest (but if we're misinformed and they DO employ hardware encryption please let me know?)

Talking of which there was a good short article in the EduGeek Educate IT 2009.pdf that came out of BETT just recently on page 24 by Tony Sheppard (and find the url just now - will dig it out later) about what Becta are saying about encrypting flashdrives (amongst other things).

We are giving a lot of thought to how best to support schools by building in low cost encryption (good open source stuff) and making it easy to both use and enforce - as well as providing for 'Impact Level Labelling' and Compliance reports.

Since Becta clearly approve of TrueCrypt (as we do) were looking to see what we can do to offer support and perhaps help packages for the less well endowed (with tech skills I mean ;-))

Would be very interested if anyone has any thoughts - or a wish-list?

My point (at last) being that you might want to give some though about this and whether to hold off from buying too many of the unencrypted stuff as it could be that you end up replacing them in a few months time? Or retrofitting them with TrueCrypt or similar?

Just a thought.
    I've just tried the integral with a student account and it works fine (see attached screenshot)

I do think that it is software encryption but if Becta are recommending truecrypt then thats software also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I need a load of memory sticks-integral.png  

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I used this company a little while ago now but they seemed quite cheap but we did get about 500 so may be worth a call.

Lauren Willsdon
    Shout Promotional Merchandise
    10 Green Leaf House
    128 Darkes Lane
    Potters Bar
    Herts
    EN6 1AE

Tel - 0870 458 9093
    Fax - 0870 460 8027

lauren@shoutpm.co.uk
    Shout Promotional Merchandise

Thank Post