+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Parcelforce *%!?@# in General; Parcelforce must be one of the worst companies in the UK. Thankfully lots of companies don't use them any more. ...
    Thank Post

Parcelforce *%!?@#

Parcelforce must be one of the worst companies in the UK.

Thankfully lots of companies don't use them any more. In the past we've had a parcel sent that required a signature. When it didn't arrive we rang the supplier who checked and then told us someone had signed for it. When the record was pulled it was some ramdom squiggle and the parcel was never found.

We also had a laptop that mysteriously disappeared at the distribution depot, again never found.

And now the latest, was expecting a parcel today which didn't arrive. Got in touch with supplier who confirmed it had been sent yesterday on 24hr delivery with Parcelforce. I could have sworn at that stage.

Did a check on their website to track the parcel and it said not delivered due to adverse weather conditions! What a pile of poo. Sure we've had some snow but nothing to cause any problems and DHL still managed to deliver a parcel today.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    I think BBC Watchdog used to call them Parcelfarce. I've been calling them that ever since.

I used to work in a shipping agency which also did business mail handling, and we had a sign up in our foyer with a photo of a smashed-up parcel one of our customers had received from Parcelfarce. The formerly rectangular box was slightly more... ovoid. The caption on the photo was "This is why we do not offer Parcelforce shipping."

On the subject of non-delivery, I once had a parcel due to be delivered during the school holidays. After it didn't arrive I figured maybe they thought we were closed and called them. They assured me a delivery had been attempted. I informed them that I had reviewed the CCTV on the front door and that they were wrong. They feigned ignorance and assured me it would be delivered the next day. Day 2, no package. I called again and was given the same explanation. Day 3, it finally arrived. On the outside of the box, there were two identical notes each written in different handwriting with a marker pen:

"School closed for holidays."

The lazy b****** had simply assumed we were closed and not even bothered driving to the school to check.

Thank Post
    parcelfarce/royalmail - same company nowadays is it not!?

@ the back of my server racks farting.....
    Thank Post
    Parcelforce, UPS, CityLink, Royal Mail - I've had many many problems with all of them in the past.

Royal Mail managed to lose a tele in the post........dont ask! which was never found! plus they damaged a laptop in post!

All of these companies are a nightmare and I try my best not too use them, if I had the money I would drive my parcels to where they were going, simple!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops_my_bad View Post
    parcelfarce/royalmail - same company nowadays is it not!?
    Yep, it's just a trading name. Royal Mail's own parcel service are almost as bad. I refuse to send anything worth more than £15 by them, even Special Delivery is a scam. They managed to crush a laptop screen I sent by Special Delivery once, then when I returned it to their Freepost address for inspection to claim on the insurance, they lost it on it's way to the PO Box because mail sent to that address isn't tracked (you can't send Special or Recorded delivery to a PO Box, apparently)!

Thank Post
    Citylink are actually hopeless, I actually despise them, and if I ever met the MD, I'd make sure he left with soar body parts.

Thank Post
    They tried to deliver a TV to me - and I missed them - had to travel from Northampton to the other side of Coventry to pick it up - couldn't believe that there wasn't a closer depot. Then, when I got there - the bloke behind the desk said he had a bad back and I'd have to go into the warehouse and get it myself! Talk about taking the p!

Thank Post
    I recently lost my Guitar Hero World Tour on its way from Play. Play said it left the depo and PF said it didnt (I even had a tracking number so I assume it must have been picked up?) I let them argue between themselves and demanded a refund. Play were very good about it all tho...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    I wonder sometimes what kind of references are required to work for a courier? I've had my fair share of problems before. It is frustrating.

Thank Post
    I once had a liquid cooled £2.5k computer delivered to me by RoyalMail. It arrived, I opened it up and it was completely smashed. Liquid cooling covered the in side and was leaking out. I was rather annoyed to say the least! Spoke to the guy I ordered it from, think he spoke to RoyalMail as the box it came in had 'FRAGILE' all over it and claimed the cash he lost back off RoyalMail and sent the second one via UPS. Got to me a few days later in perfect condition! Never had a problem with UPS.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At the RM sorting office / depot in Coventry they've recently caught an individual who was stealing parcels and selling the items on eBay.

Thank Post
    Have never had a problem with DHL or UPS. CityLink and ParcelForce are a complete waste of space.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IanT View Post
    ....All of these companies are a nightmare and I try my best not too use them, if I had the money I would drive my parcels to where they were going, simple!
    agreed...i cant distinguish between them...they all seem to have the same problems....in fact i think i should catalogue there excuses and the true meanings....

eg.

Operator - Sorry sir your parcel was dispatched to the wrong depot, it will be back here today and shipped out tonight and to you first thing tomorow morning.

What he meant - Sorry pal, we left your parcel lying here, and the driver cant be bothered to come back and get it, so it will go out on the next delivery.

Operator - Sorry sir we cant actually find your parcel in our system, when did you ship it?

What he meant - Sorry pal, we havnt picked it up from the company shipping it to you, hence theres no chance your getting it in the next 2 days, you twat..

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 815 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuxham View Post
    Citylink are actually hopeless, I actually despise them, and if I ever met the MD, I'd make sure he left with soar body parts.
    +1 I have nothing but pain with them.

Thank Post
    S*ityLink are the worst I've ever come across. They refuse to re-deliver to home / business. It HAS to go to the address on the parcel. Every delivery company I've dealt with has managed to deliver to another address. I've also got to travel 90+ miles round trip to collect anything from them if I can't accept delivery. Bunch of wasters.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information