+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Snow!!! in General; snow in Telford too...surprisingly the roads aren't too bad if you're careful! Playgrounds and carpark are totally untreated, as are ...
    Thank Post
    snow in Telford too...surprisingly the roads aren't too bad if you're careful! Playgrounds and carpark are totally untreated, as are the roads outside my house..oh joy. Not looking forward to the home run or tomorrow.

Had to listen to the inner child though and take snow mode off in the carpark, then boot it...sideways drift in an Astra..heh.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,945 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Snow? What's that?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Lots of snow, lots of traffic but no kids; wonderful

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 806 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnix View Post
    No snow here

Living less than a mile from the coast means notta lotta snow. Black ice was horrible though. It rained last night for a couple of hours onto ice, then that froze. The drive was like an ice-rink.
    I live all of 20 yards from the sea...this morning the whole town was covered.

Which made the walk to the station at 6am very interesting....

Thank Post
    My drive to work was, mainly, un-eventful (after the wiper blade incident)
    Most of the roads were clear but still slippy..

And STILL I get dads tailgating me, a few flashing and beeping me - all cos I'm doing... ooh 30 MPH in a.. 30 MPH ZONE!!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yay snow here!

Only one dodgy moment when dropping the gf off, her school is at the top of a huge hill which always ices over, no matter how slowly you drive theres always a little skid

Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    STILL I get dads tailgating me, a few flashing and beeping me - all cos I'm doing... ooh 30 MPH in a.. 30 MPH ZONE!!!
    Yeah had that too this morning - 30 mph through roadworks, ice on the ground and still people drive like idiots.

Thank Post
    LOL!!
    Reminds me of the guy we had pass us up near Fort William a few years back - In a Bright Yellow Lotus (IIRC)..
    Really bendy narrow road down Loch Linnie on the approach to Glen Coe.. so he overtakes at about 60 MPH..

About half an hour later we get caught in a traffic jam in Glencoe.. ambulance and police soon whizz past..

After about an hour the trafffic starts moving again.. as we pass the point of impact (Big Boulder on a bend) we find a rather nice bright yellow shaped tangled pile of metal.. Guess who

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Heh reminds me of similar story when I was a kid.

Heavy fog and my Dad is driving along dual carriageway real slow when two idiots come charging past racing each other. Some time later we come to a roundabout with Ambulances and Fire Engines parked on it along with said idiots both being cut out of their upside down cars.

Pootled slowly past and gave them a little wave.

Thank Post
    Isn't it nice to know that some sense of Cosmic balance is restored when like that get what's due them and they haven't taken anyone else with them.

As for the snow... had some here. Ruddy cold and the boiler stopped producing hot water about 3 days ago so engineer has been out today and found a bunch of issues relating to the original installation... Oh joy! Ah well... at least the computer is pumping out hot air

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No snow here, not had any all winter.

But its absolutely freezing in our wee room. Heatings been off all holidays, im sitting here in my big ski jacket and im still cold

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We got snow...prayed to the god of school closures but it didnt work...Its snowed some more since i've been in work. I can see the sun now though

I'm here in body...but not in mind...that's still in bed..lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 806 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by contink View Post
    Isn't it nice to know that some sense of Cosmic balance is restored when like that get what's due them and they haven't taken anyone else with them.
    I dunno, I've been in a few serious crashes (car and bike) myself, and wouldn't wish em on anyone.

Worst I ever saw was in the snow, when I was on my old kawasaki going into uni. a TVR came out of a side road, spun and got broadsided by a truck...the car was ripped in half, and more blood and bits then I've ever seen were spread in all directions.

...so maybe wishing that on people is a bit harsh

Thank Post
    I've come in from mums/gone home from there a few times and seen some idiots getting their comeuppance..heh. Narrow, windy roads...

1 car upside down with the driver looking confused, 1 in a wall, driver in car, 1 come off the road at a high point overlooking the severn - couldn't see any more, but it he didn't end up in it, he's lucky.

There was one up here..big long 3 lane hill, can get a fair speed down it/up it...accidnet must have happened in the day, but at night I drove past..metal on both sides of the road, and a wheel complete with suspension sat in the feeder lane.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I dunno, I've been in a few serious crashes (car and bike) myself, and wouldn't wish em on anyone.

Worst I ever saw was in the snow, when I was on my old kawasaki going into uni. a TVR came out of a side road, spun and got broadsided by a truck...the car was ripped in half, and more blood and bits then I've ever seen were spread in all directions.

...so maybe wishing that on people is a bit harsh
    Maybe and maybe not... I've seen more people travelling at 100+mph on roads and in conditions when they should be down to 40 only to find they they've driven clean into some poor sod who's in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sorry to say this but if they're going to kill anyone, let it be themselves and nobody else.

That said, I wish they'd write off the car and live to learn from the experience and pass that on.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 1,167 Posts

Unhappy Lucky EduGeek UKers

I can't believe you lucky UKers are getting snow!!! :O)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast