+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, N79 or N82 in General; Which one of these phones should i get? I am so indecisive to the point where i have read all ...
    Thank Post

N79 or N82

Which one of these phones should i get?

I am so indecisive to the point where i have read all the reviews and looked on youtube.

Has anyone got or had a go with either of them?

Thank Post
    I have the Nokia N82 and would definately recommend it. However, the N79 is newer and almost identical according to the Nokia website, with some slight subtle changes. The only few difference I noticed using their compare was that the N79 is listed as having an LED flash. Whereas the N82 has a Xenon Flash albeit this is not mentioned on the Nokia website. What difference this may be I have no idea. N82 has 16.7m colours, N79 has only 16m. N79 is also listed as having better battery life.

The N79 does come with a 4Gb microSD card as opposed to the N82's 2Gb, but you get a Headset and Video Out cable with the N82. Not sure if they give it with the N79.

Might be worth going for the N79 as it's newer, but I can certainly vouch for the N82 as a very good phone.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, the N79 doesn't have the Xenon flash only the sual LED which isn't as good

I went to see if i could have a look for the N79 in any shops (carphone warehouse, phones4U, O2, T-mobile) and they all had never heard of it. I said it is the sister to the N85 (which they hadn't heard of either, but i was in meadow hall the other week (well before xmas) and i even had a go with the N85). The guy in the carphonewarehouse said that the N79 is not being released in this part of the world (well have a look at play.com and you will see that it is released over here) and that the N82 has had total recall of all the units as "there was a bug or something with the phone". It seems to me that some people don't know much about their jobs!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information