+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Anyone used Currys Flexible Finance/IFC recently? in General; I'm in the market for a new TV soon and Currys have some good prices, it seems. I want to ...

Thank Post

Anyone used Currys Flexible Finance/IFC recently?

I'm in the market for a new TV soon and Currys have some good prices, it seems. I want to spread the payments a bit with a buy now/pay later or 6-9 month interest free credit option, and Currys Flexible Finace thingy fits the bill.

Thing is, the repayment options seem weighted towards you having a big chunk to pay back at the end of the interest free period, making it more likely you'd run over and start paying interest - Currys' site suggests the deposit amount and initial monthly payment amount are fixed at a low rate.

So... Has anyone used this finance option recently? If so, were you able to pay a higher deposit and/or a higher monthly repayment?

Thank Post
    Wouldn't you be better treating yourself to a new CC for Xmas with a 6-9 month interest free on new purchases dealy? I've never come across a store finance package yet that was geared in favour of the purchaser rather than the store!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OutToLunch View Post
    Wouldn't you be better treating yourself to a new CC for Xmas with a 6-9 month interest free on new purchases dealy? I've never come across a store finance package yet that was geared in favour of the purchaser rather than the store!
    Its an idea i suppose, but i don't really like the things, to be honest. Too much temptation to spend what can't be afforded, you see!

Back when i lived in Gloucestershire the fiance and I bought a few whitegoods from Apollo2000 - a chain store that seems limited to the south west. They were great - carried most things in stock, had their own van for deliveries and would discount products with the minimum of arguements. Had a dishwasher from them on IFC and it was a breeze.. Pity they don't have a branch where i live now!

So, anyone used Currys recently?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread