+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, UK economy at risk, warns Cameron... in General; All very well this stuck up Eton twit ranting about the UK economy, but he FAILS to provide any details ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts

UK economy at risk, warns Cameron...

All very well this stuck up Eton twit ranting about the UK economy, but he FAILS to provide any details on what his bunch of Eton boys would do.......
    His only answer so far is to call an election !! Idiot
    Last edited by witch; 10th December 2008 at 09:13 AM.

Thank Post
    Isn't it obvious? The Tories plan is to fire half the domestic servants, sell all the family land off and only send the first two children to Eton.

Sacrifices have to be made!

3. Thanks to somabc from:

tech_guy (9th December 2008)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by somabc View Post
    Isn't it obvious? The Tories plan is to fire half the domestic servants, sell all the family land off and only send the first two children to Eton.

Sacrifices have to be made!
    LOL - that deserves some rep.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,278 Posts
    I agree mattx, he has no solid policies.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cameron is a complete plonker. It's bad enough with the mess Labour have made, but imagine the cr@p we'll all be in if this chinless wonder and his party of hooray-henrys get in.

Thank Post
    Had the Conservatives been in power we would still be in this situation, at least Mr Brown is trying to do something about it, not sure about Mr Cameron, I personally think he is a bit of an empty shirt.

Thank Post
    Why not let him know how you feel?

Contact David Cameron

Email address:
    House of Commons: camerond@parliament.uk
    Telephone numbers:
    House of Commons Phone number: 020 7219 3475
    House of Commons Fax number: 020 7219 1945
    Constituency Phone number: 01993 702 302
    Constituency Fax number: 01993 776 639
    Addresses:
    Constituency 10 Bridge Street
    Witney Oxon OX28 1HY

source: DavidCameron.com
    [ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gTd3j31PIPo"]YouTube - David Cameron introduces his new video blog site[/ame]
    [ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vpdQaJT64"]YouTube - State Of The Union Parody[/ame]
    Last edited by somabc; 9th December 2008 at 03:53 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by somabc View Post
    Why not let him know how you feel?

YouTube - State Of The Union Parody

I do, quite alot actually - nothing more therapeutic than sending an E-mail to MPS......

P.S. Reminds me of that Chris Morris one which was similar.....
    [ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8PAGb2O7lms"]YouTube - Bushwhacked (Cartel Communique & Chris Morris)[/ame]

This is one of my favs:

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mYkGThMYmbk"]YouTube - Blair and Cameron - changes !![/ame]
    Last edited by mattx; 9th December 2008 at 03:57 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Had the Conservatives been in power we would still be in this situation, at least Mr Brown is trying to do something about it, not sure about Mr Cameron, I personally think he is a bit of an empty shirt.
    And you think bankrupting the futures of millions is doing something about it.

And what is 'it' anyway ? You didn't really think a decade of living it up on cheap credit came at no cost ? This is the reaction to the economics of those two incompetents Brown and Greenspan. So 'it' is an inevitable deep recession that the world economy has to work through. They are not going shorten years of recession into a few months....they are not miracle workers.
    They are incompetent and irresponsible.

All labour are doiing is preparing to win the next election by short-termist moves designed to buy your vote.

Brown was given ample warning, and his promises of ending boom and bust and promising to curtail runaway house prices shows that in reality it was he who was the empty shirt. Cameron may have nothing new to add, but Brown is proposing more of the same old that created this mess. He has no clue.

Browns economics is warped economics that leaves no real chance for reform and a very big bill at the end. I wish people would stop reading the mainstream headlines and actually realise that all these idiot politicians now proposing we spend and bail-out got us into this mess in the first place!!!!!

How do you know they have the foggiest about what they are intending ?
    I see the nulabour machine has done a good job in hoodwinking the general population.

11. Thanks to torledo from:

j17sparky (9th December 2008)

Thank Post
    THE SITUATION

You are in England, York to be specific.
    There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding.
    This is a flood of biblical proportions.
    You are a photo-journalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless.
    You're trying to shoot career-making photos.
    There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing into the water.
    Nature is unleashing all its destructive fury.
    THE TEST

Suddenly, you see a man in the water.
    He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris.
    You move closer... Somehow, the man looks familiar...
    You suddenly realise who it is... It's Gordon Brown! You notice that the raging waters are about to take him under forever. You have two options:
    You can save the life of Gordon Brown or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize-winning photo, documenting the death of one of the country's most powerful men!

THE QUESTION

Here's the question, and please give an honest answer...

Would you select high contrast colour film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

Thank Post
    They're all as rubbish as each other and have no idea what to do. The first party that produces a solid solution as to how to resolve recession quickly and efficiently with proof that it's going to work gets my vote!

Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Would you select high contrast colour film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?
    Given modern technology my camera would be digital, therefore I will be able to take a photo not only at massive resolution, but I will also be able to put on a speed shutter to capture multiple frames at a fast rate should I miss any shots. When I run out of memory on my memory card, it is only a quick switch to put in another. Then I will be able to select the very best of the shots that I have taken and then experiment in photoshop to see if it is better in black + white, sepia or just straight colour.

Result!
    Last edited by Friez; 9th December 2008 at 04:22 PM.

Thank Post
    Gordon Brown goes to the doctors and says, "Doctor doctor, every time I look in the mirror I get aroused."

The doctor replies, "I'm not surprised...you're a c u next tuesday."

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Cameron is a complete plonker. It's bad enough with the mess Labour have made, but imagine the cr@p we'll all be in if this chinless wonder and his party of hooray-henrys get in.
    No worse than nulabour. Serisouly. Labour have been shockingly bad and have INCREASED financial inequality. Why make this about class or status.

A labour prime minister has recently announced mortgage interest deferral for people with mortgages up to 400,000 pounds.

To most people on here, average earners, that is an almost unimaginable sum.....the idea that there is help for people with that kind of mortgage and yet NO help for young people struggling to start a family and home and in work!!!!! is scandalous.....so as you can see i don't buy the hooray henry bulls***. Brown has helped plenty of hooray henry's get richer and richer.

the last time a conservative govt. was in charge in 1997 we had a strong economy AND opportunity and affordability for those without 400k mortgages.
    And more importantly no bailouts for the feckless and incompetent.

16. Thanks to torledo from:

Netman (9th December 2008)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    All very well this stuck up Eton knob ranting about the UK economy, but he FAILS to provide any details on what his bunch of Eton boys would do.......
    His only answer so far is to call an election !! Knob.
    I love rants like this...as if Labour and the Libs don't have ex-public schoolboys in their ranks. Actually, I quite like the thought of educated people running my country...unfortunately, politicians of all colours are mostly not interested in what we as a nation want or need. But I've had enough of Scots running my country thank you...two on the spin is more than enough.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post

the last time a conservative govt. was in charge in 1997 we had a strong economy AND opportunity and affordability for those without 400k mortgages.
    And more importantly no bailouts for the feckless and incompetent.
    Reminds me of this joke:

A guy calls Margaret thatcher.

"Can I speak to the prime minister please?"

She tells him she is no longer prime minister and tells him to try another number.

Half an hour later, Maggie's telephone rings once more. "Can I speak to the prime minister please?"

"Look, I've told you once I'm not prime minister any longer now pi55 off and leave me alone."

Ten minutes later he calls again. "Is that the prime minister?"

Maggie says, "I've told you repeatedly that I am NOT prime minister any longer, why are you doing this to me?"

"I just enjoy hearing it," says the caller.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast