+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Ebuyer education in General; From reading the thread earlier this year about ebuyer, I saw that they do indeed do education accounts. I've just ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Ebuyer education

From reading the thread earlier this year about ebuyer, I saw that they do indeed do education accounts.
    I've just called up, and been told that they do trade accounts, but you need to spend 5k or more a month. I said I'd been told about education accounts and got passed through to ebuyer@work.
    The guy there said I create at @work account then register for trade account, I asked about spending and said I was just told I need to spend 5k a month and he asked what sort of school we were and said
    "Yeah you have a lot of users so you'll clear that easy"

There is no way I'll be spending 5k a month on anything. Is this the proverbial smoke being blown up my something, or do you indeed have to spend a minimum amount to qualify for educational sales?
    I only enquired saying we would have to pay via PO as we have no school credit card

Thank Post
    They got rid of most of their focus teams staff and consolidated it back to a single team, not sure what they are doing with education.

Thank Post
    We've got an account with them - we set it up as a Trade Account (Government & Education), and pay by PO. We've only ever bought 900 worth of stuff from them although I don't suppose we got any special educational discount. Their prices were still good anyway. I presume the account's still valid as I can still log onto it.

I think they're just trying it on with you - if they want your business they'd be a bit stupid to insist you have to spend X amount per month. Speak to someone else there: we went through their B2B team but I think they're called 'platinum sales team' now.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timzim View Post
    We've got an account with them - we set it up as a Trade Account (Government & Education), and pay by PO. We've only ever bought 900 worth of stuff from them although I don't suppose we got any special educational discount. Their prices were still good anyway. I presume the account's still valid as I can still log onto it.

I think they're just trying it on with you - if they want your business they'd be a bit stupid to insist you have to spend X amount per month. Speak to someone else there: we went through their B2B team but I think they're called 'platinum sales team' now.
    Same here, we used to have an account manager but now our orders go through the "platinum sales team" never been told about a minimum spend but we just get stuff at normal web prices. We do however have to ring them to place orders as we can never send a fax to them even though both ends definately work :-S

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    someone from ebuyer commented on a previous post I think. Worth digging that out and PMing whoever it was?

Thank Post
    I'll see if I can give Martin Tune a call (his name should come up in a search on here) and see if he can help.

My guess is that you got passed to a chancer who is looking to make some money so if you have a name I'd pass that on.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread