+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Lost Season 5 - All the gossip and trailers in one place. in General; Hey, so im obsessed with lost currently rewatching from season 1. and ive been looking at all the trailers etc. ...
    Thank Post

Exclamation Lost Season 5 - All the gossip and trailers in one place.

Hey,
    so im obsessed with lost currently rewatching from season 1.
    and ive been looking at all the trailers etc. thought most of you guys watch it and might like to hear the gossip so here goes. also found this great map of the island taken from the episoe when the radioactive blas doors lock locke in the swan. http://www.lost4815162342.com/flash/blastmap.swf found good post http://www.hawaiiweblog.com/2008/12/02/lost-in-dharma

UK AIR DATE 23rd Jan

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQfC5Vkn_PA"]YouTube - LOST Season 5 Promo - The Fray "You Found Me" OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO[/ame]

So first is the 'official' abc trailer which is also the frays music video.

a) we see faraday being confronted with a man in a bio-hazard suit kinda weird suggests new people on the island again maybe? or even the sickness rousoe talked about.

b) a logo pops up twice 'ajira airways' this apparently means island in indian? so island airways kinda weird. Ajira Airways: Destiny Calls now this website is registered to a small company that does feature films maybe suggesting a lost film? im guessing it might be like the dharma intiative game thingy.

c) the losties are being chased by what can only be thought as the hostiles.

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wzJBeWKKFEA"]YouTube - LOST 5x01 "Because You Left" Sneak Peek - Kate and Aaron[/ame]

a) why the hell does she call the chold guber?

b) and who sent the law firm.

News

Below is some new info about Season 5 from BuddyTV.com. The article contains some (interesting) spoilers.

We’re still over a month away from the premiere of LOST’s fifth season, but thankfully we only have to wait a week until the release of the long-awaited season 4 DVD set. LOST executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse recently held a round table discussion to promote the DVDs, and they also ended up revealing some interesting tidbits about season 5. Will upcoming episodes still feature flashbacks? Will the Oceanic Six spend the entire season trying to get back to the island? If Magazine attended the discussion and got the answers to these and other burning questions.

According to LOST mastermind Damon Lindelof, fans needn’t worry about the Oceanic Six being separated from the other characters for too long. “I think everyone, writers and fans alike, feels the show is at its best when our characters are together,” he said. “But the fact of the matter is that the story is constantly twisting and turning to keep them apart. Let’s face it: absence makes the heart grow fonder, but there’s nothing sweeter than a reunion. All we’re willing to say at this point is that if we were to spend the entire duration of season 5 with the Oceanic Six trying to get back to the island, we are fully aware that the audience would strangle us.”

One of the biggest mysteries going into season 5 is how LOST will be structured. The series is known for playing with time by using both flashbacks and flash forwards, but some fans wondered if the flashbacks would be retired now that we know so much about the characters. Carlton Cuse promised that the flashbacks will continue, though they’ll only be used when it makes sense for the story. “We still love doing them and will when appropriate,” Cuse said. “There are still some cool flashbacks left to tell for our characters.”

In addition to the great characters and crazy sci-fi elements, many fans watch LOST for the interesting themes it tackles. One of the biggest has been the “science vs. faith” debate, which has played out over the years through the characters of Jack Shephard and John Locke. Now that it’s been revealed that many of the island’s mysteries are rooted in science, is that theme still relevant for the series?

“We can’t go back to the ambiguity of season 1, because our characters have experienced so much since then,” Lindelof admitted. “Carlton and I often talk about [Stephen King's novel] The Stand … how the story starts with something scientific, an epidemic that kills of 99 percent of the world’s population, but slowly and steadily transforms into a mystical tale where people are having prophetic dreams, and finally, literally ends with the hand of God coming out of the sky and setting off a nuclear device. Our story has always been about a journey, but just because we’re embracing some of the more fantastical aspects of the island doesn’t mean we’re completely abandoning the science vs. faith of it all.”

Videos to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ANrJHsBSEz8&hl=en&fs=1
    YouTube - campetin's Channel
    YouTube - LOST Season 5 ABC Trailer 8 - NEW FOOTAGE

Sites to check:

http://www.abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=bookclub
    sl-LOST.com - Daily LOST News
    Lost Spoilers - The Ultimate Lost Spoiler Site
    Secondlife island. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Unmapped/79/128/501
    Last edited by Antp; 12th December 2008 at 08:25 PM.

Thank Post
    Ohh I can't wait.

3. Thanks to PeterW from:

Antp (8th December 2008)

Thank Post
    inooo its gonna be so good!!!!!!!
    i loved it when the island dissapeared everyone was like

Thank Post
    I don't suppose you know a good place to get seasons 3 & 4 region 1 box sets do you? My better half bought the first two a little while back and I'm looking to get 3 & 4 for xmas

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What channel will it air on in the UK?

Thank Post
    What channel will it air on in the UK?
    Sky 1 surely?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    Sky 1 surely?
    Ah. Wishful thinking that Channel4 would have bought back the rights. And they wonder why people resort to Torrents for TV

Thank Post
    I hate the bloody 118 men at each end of the ad breaks. If I was restrained enough I would wait for the DVD release but tbh I don't think thats ever going to happen.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    I don't suppose you know a good place to get seasons 3 & 4 region 1 box sets do you? My better half bought the first two a little while back and I'm looking to get 3 & 4 for xmas
    i found them here LOST season1&2 BOX SET - Action,Adventure - Buy Cheap TV Show DVD Box Set - Online Shop

which is very cheap but never heard of the site id say play.com or amazon.

Thank Post
    and the 1`18 men are so annoying! i usualy end up giving up and downloading the episodes weeks before.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I only ever watched 2 episodes of this. In one there was a polar bear chasing them, and in the other, the trees all wailed and shook by themselves. Never gave it another look since.

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    Dunno if im missing much, never watched it! Seen some of one where a fairly hot lady and a bloke were taken prisoner, and had to dig but thats it!

So am I missing much..

Thank Post
    Dunno if im missing much

Go and buy Seasons 1 thorugh 4 on DVD

Thank Post
    i found them here LOST season1&2 BOX SET - Action,Adventure - Buy Cheap TV Show DVD Box Set - Online Shop
    Yeah I have 1&2 on region 1, in the picture on that website those look fake.

Can't seem to find them on amazon or play I guess I will have to do some more googling. I could ask her in doors where she got the others but I think that would kind of spoil the surprise.

Thank Post
    it is so amazing i demand you to go out and buy season 1-4!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast