+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
General Chat Thread, TV Thread in General; Originally Posted by RabbieBurns Another first for The Simpsons... St Patricks day episode is getting shown on Sky, before it ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    Another first for The Simpsons... St Patricks day episode is getting shown on Sky, before it airs in America.

Simpsons show green credentials with Patrick's Day visit to Ireland - The Irish Times - Tue, Feb 24, 2009
    Tonight! Better be on sky one HD too

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Not long till the new Lost and 24 start.. Cant Wait!!

Thank Post
    Not normally my sort of thing (it's a semi-musical about a high school "show choir"), but a friend sent me some episodes of "Glee" (starts on E4 11/01) - and it's great!

Have also heard good things about "Leverage" (a US show similar to "Hustle") that starts on Bravo soon.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    glee's been on here for a while now and although Ive not actually watched it the trailers they keep bombarding us with look crap. Apart from the eyecandy factor of the cheerleaders / chiorgirls.. I really dont think theres any way I would watch it.

Leverage is really good Ive seen both seasons, but its a bit more far fetched than Hustle.

Hustle is amazing, glad to see its back, but they only make 6 episodes which is pretty poor

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What shows do you all watch?

Bang up to date on all 3 CSI's, watch NCIS, Cold Case, Dexter, Californication and Heroes. Cant get my head around the latest series of Heroes really tbh. Prison Break just started to get good again. A couple of good new ones in The Mentalist and Fringe as well. Cant wait for the new 24 to start!
    I cannot wait for the new season of 24. I've watched them all and really get caught up in show.

Fringe is excellent.

Flash Forward has been good. On mid-season break at the moment, cannot wait for it to come back.

Top Gear is not the same as it used to be. I don't mind it, but it get's silly sometimes. I'm a boring old fart.

I have been enjoying Defying Gravity and am gutted that in October they destroyed the set and decided there would be no more seasons. Gutted.

Edited here - forgot to mention Dr Who. Watched them all since Eccleston came back. Torchwood is also very good.

The new season of Survivors on Tuesday looks good. MB was good in Hotel Babylon (yes I watched that as well).

But the one for me over the past year or so has been Lie To Me on Sky 1. I've even bought the books behind the science of facial and body expressions. Tim Roth is brilliant.

I'm sure there are more. One thing I will say is that BBC trumped ITV over the Christmas holidays.

Gareth

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    glee's been on here for a while now and although Ive not actually watched it the trailers they keep bombarding us with look crap. Apart from the eyecandy factor of the cheerleaders / chiorgirls.. I really dont think theres any way I would watch it.

Leverage is really good Ive seen both seasons, but its a bit more far fetched than Hustle.

Hustle is amazing, glad to see its back, but they only make 6 episodes which is pretty poor
    Forgot about Hussle - last week's Kylie start was great. The new Detective is sexy.

Talking about that I also watch Total Wipeout just for Amanda.

GJE

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Another first for The Simpsons... St Patricks day episode is getting shown on Sky, before it airs in America.

Simpsons show green credentials with Patrick's Day visit to Ireland - The Irish Times - Tue, Feb 24, 2009
    Edited to be clearer:

After watching one or two episodes of the Simpsons. I thought it was rubbish and couldn't see the point of it so I've never watched it again.

I await the backlash. Each to their own.....

GJE
    Last edited by garethedmondson; 10th January 2010 at 03:09 PM.

Thank Post
    I think the problem is that it's being sold in some places as "the new High School Musical"; now i haven't seem HSM, but I doubt they have dialogue exchanges such as:

(Emma is worried that Rachel has been forcing herself to vomit.)

Rachel: I tried, but I guess I don't have a gag reflex.
    Emma: One day when you're older, that'll turn out to be a gift.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    I've never watched the Simpsons. Never ever ever. I don't see the point in it.

I await the backlash.

GJE
    I hadnt seen the simspsons till i got to australia for the 1st time in 2000. When the olympics were on, one of the cable channels was showing 24/7 simpsons for people not interested in the olympics. It made great post-pub viewing, and I really got into it. Been a fan ever since

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've never watched the Simpsons. Never ever ever. I don't see the point in it.

I await the backlash.

GJE
    If you haven't watched it, how can you say you don't see the point in it... You can only make a judgement call once you've sampled something. Like I can safely say that 24 is incredibly boring - as I tried to watch a few episodes and fell asleep each time.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    If you haven't watched it, how can you say you don't see the point in it... You can only make a judgement call once you've sampled something. Like I can safely say that 24 is incredibly boring - as I tried to watch a few episodes and fell asleep each time.
    Sorry - I'll edit what I said. I've watched one or two episodes and thought it was crap thus never, ever watching it again.

:-) Happy?

GJE
    Last edited by garethedmondson; 10th January 2010 at 03:09 PM.

Thank Post
    I cannot wait for the new season of 24. I've watched them all and really get caught up in show.

Fringe is excellent.

Flash Forward has been good. On mid-season break at the moment, cannot wait for it to come back.

Top Gear is not the same as it used to be. I don't mind it, but it get's silly sometimes. I'm a boring old fart.

I have been enjoying Defying Gravity and am gutted that in October they destroyed the set and decided there would be no more seasons. Gutted.

Edited here - forgot to mention Dr Who. Watched them all since Eccleston came back. Torchwood is also very good.

The new season of Survivors on Tuesday looks good. MB was good in Hotel Babylon (yes I watched that as well).

But the one for me over the past year or so has been Lie To Me on Sky 1. I've even bought the books behind the science of facial and body expressions. Tim Roth is brilliant.

I'm sure there are more. One thing I will say is that BBC trumped ITV over the Christmas holidays.

Gareth
    I can accept you don't like the Simpsons, but dear God, please stop using the word season. Never has such an insignificant little word made my blood boil so much.

Series old chap, Series!

13. Thanks to AyatollahPies from:

garethedmondson (10th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahPies View Post
    I can accept you don't like the Simpsons, but dear God, please stop using the word season. Never has such an insignificant little word made my blood boil so much.

Series old chap, Series!
    Is it any wonder some threads can turn nasty? Everyone wants to have a go at everyone - joke or not.

Does it really matter what word I use? (I see floods of "Yes" coming through).

GJE

Thank Post
    Is it any wonder some threads can turn nasty? Everyone wants to have a go at everyone - joke or not.

Does it really matter what word I use? (I see floods of "Yes" coming through).

GJE
    Twas tongue in cheek, hence the smileys.

16. Thanks to AyatollahPies from:

garethedmondson (10th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahPies View Post
    Twas tongue in cheek, hence the smileys.
    I know, but it does make you realise how people can take things the wrong way. Another person might have gone into a rant about not giving a damn about what other people think and it could have turned into one of these threads that are getting too familiar around here - weirdly enough I can see it happening on another forum as well.

Anyhow, I'm just off to watch the last Season of Lost in color ;-)

Gareth

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast