+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Digital Signage in General; Hi all! I'm currently in my last year of university, last year I was on a placement year working in ...
    Thank Post

Digital Signage

Hi all!

I'm currently in my last year of university, last year I was on a placement year working in a school hence why I hang around here, and i'm wondering if some of you would please take a couple minutes of your time to fill in a questionnaire for me.
    Last year one of my jobs was to keep presentation screens up-to-date, I also had several quotes and demonstrations from companies trying to sell us a real digital signage solution rather than the powerpoint/flash setup we used.

For my final year project i've decided to research and then build a digital signage solution which will have a web-based backend which will control a running presentation.

I'd just like some feedback on wether you currently use a form of digital signage, even if you don't please just hit the "no" answer on the first question and then hit submit as these results will be helpful aswell. If there's two members from the same school on here it would be helpful to me for just one of you to fill out the questionnaire.

The questionnaire is here: Digital Signage Questionnaire

Thank you very much for your time

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by richard.thomas View Post
    For my final year project i've decided to research and then build a digital signage solution which will have a web-based backend which will control a running presentation.
    How do you plan to do the front end? Wish-list:

- Projective (as opposed to affine) transforms for displayed imaged - comes in handy for correcting projectors in odd positions.

- Back-end integration with LDAP, so we can let users log in and change content according to their group existing group membership in our LDAP/Active Directory database.

- Web-based front end, cross-platform - hopefully we could just run a mini Linux distribution on a fanless thin-client.

--
    David Hicks

3. Thanks to dhicks from:

richard.thomas (20th November 2008)

Thank Post
    Thank you to everyone that has filled out the questionnaire so far. Some really good input coming through

I'm trying to keep open minded on how the solution will be designed as my research should be dictating that. Currently I'm thinking it will be flash based (as i like coding action script ) and from the backend you'll be able to change everything. i.e. where panels will be, how things will be animated, etc.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread