+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Hitchhikers Guide film.... in General; The one that came out a few years ago. I watched it again last night... I'm probably gonna be shunned ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Hitchhikers Guide film....

The one that came out a few years ago.

I watched it again last night...

I'm probably gonna be shunned for saying this but i really like that film. Ok, it's a bit American and there is loads missing. But i think they did a really good job of it. Love the Animation for the guide. Love the music and sound affects.

It's one of those films i can put on and know it'll make me smile.

Oh and PS: Simon from CPLTD is "Eddie" the ships computer!!

So long and thanks for all the fish!
    Last edited by Little-Miss; 15th November 2008 at 12:36 PM.

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post
    OUT! That film was a complete dive. Hated it

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    See, i dont know why i like it so much! There must be something wrong with me lol..

Thank Post
    I really like it, there is no way you could put the whole of the book into a film without it being about 7 hours long.

I was so excited when I heard it was being made, but started panicking when I heard Mos Def was going to be Ford Prefect. But actually he looks like someone who most deffinatly doesn't come from Guildford, so he's perfect.

Roll on Restaurant at the end of the universe.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Are they making that?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    Are they making that?
    I have no idea. It would be nice if they did. Apart from the odd picture that makes me crawl out from under my rock I don't really pay much attention to films.

Thank Post
    That film was just wrong......the TV series captured the fundamentals of the book almost perfectly, other than i imagined trillian to be a broad from reading the books.

The film was just utter garbage, the casting was all wrong, and that cgi thing with beeblebrox's two heads was ridiculous and a bit unnerving.

I think there is something wrong with you if you like that film. Now where's a mod to edit the bit where i'm disparaging another poster....?

Thank Post
    If you want Hitchhikers at its best the original radio series is the only way to go.

Not that I'll shun you, Little Miss for liking the film - it wouldn't do for us all to like the same things would it. Each to their own no matter how wrong they me be!

Thank Post
    I'm afraid I'm a bit of a H2G2 purist and the only good version for me is the radio series (including the newer ones). I hated the TV series and only tollerated the film because DNA's friend Stephen Fry was the book (although Trillian was easier on the eyes than squeeky voiced Sandra Dickenson).

The 12" vinyl remake of the radio series was OK though.

It goes without saying that I love the books DNA wrote and have them all (H2G2, Last Chance to See, Meaning of Liff (2) and the Dirk Gently ones etc) and was seriously upset to not get any more DG episodes although I hear that a film is on the cards there as well.

HBJB

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 966 Posts
    It was a good laugh and had some cheesey bits in it but I think they could of done a much better job I mean the Lord of the rings was split into 3 movies so why couldn't they have done that with the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Can i just point out (just in case you're wondering)
    I've seen the TV series (ok repeats and i bought the DVD, too young to have really seen the original )
    Have read and loved the book and have listened to the radio series too. So i have seen/read/listened and enjoyed it in all the different mediums too!

Just enjoyed the film a lot...

Stephen Fry was an excellent choice for the Guide. I also think the company who did all the animations did it was the humour it deserved.

When i heard Mos Def was Ford, i paniced! But i think he did a good job of it, he made me laugh. Complete contrast to the TV series i know!

What-his-face that played Arthur, i think they could have chose a different guy. Simon Jones (was that his name) will forever in my mind be Arthur!

Thanks jcollings

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,664 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I thought the movie was funny, there were several cringe worty moments but in general I found it ok. I particularly like some of the non original subtext.

<trolling>

In the scenes with deepthought if one looks closely you can see a little apple logo on the front of it, leaving out the obserdity of an apple being the most powerful computer ever created the overall message is ammusing. As flashy and time consuming as it was to build after wasteing ten thousand years the best answer that it could come up with was that a real computer was needed to do the actual heavy lifting
    </trolling>

I thought that the voice casting of Marvin the robot was perfect and agree that Zooey Deschanel as Trillian was a good plan.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    Can i just point out (just in case you're wondering)
    I've seen the TV series (ok repeats and i bought the DVD, too young to have really seen the original )
    Have read and loved the book and have listened to the radio series too. So i have seen/read/listened and enjoyed it in all the different mediums too!

Just enjoyed the film a lot...

Stephen Fry was an excellent choice for the Guide. I also think the company who did all the animations did it was the humour it deserved.

When i heard Mos Def was Ford, i paniced! But i think he did a good job of it, he made me laugh. Complete contrast to the TV series i know!

What-his-face that played Arthur, i think they could have chose a different guy. Simon Jones (was that his name) will forever in my mind be Arthur!

Thanks jcollings

Simon freeman from the office played arthur, and i think was a good example of the terrible casting.

someone pointed out that David Mitchell from Mitchell and Webb would have been perfect as Arthur Dent.....and i think i agree.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,889 Posts
    Blog Entries
    *whisper* I enjoyed it too. A good laugh.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    Simon freeman from the office played arthur, and i think was a good example of the terrible casting.
    Martin Freeman

Martin Freeman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast